Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 2:02:39 PM EDT
I am less than amused.

I was supposed to get a 2nd Day Air package at work yesterday.  They didn't try to deliver it to the main office until after 5:30pm, but the main office was closed.  Mind you, their terms of service say that 2nd Day Air stuff is guaranted by the end of the business day.  I think 5:40pm is beyond a reasonable end of the business day.

So, I say, fine, I have to be home this morning anyway.  The UPS guy usually comes about 10:30am to my apartment, so I'll just redirect the package here.  I call to do this last evening.  Online tracking indicates that the delivery address has indeed changed.

I sit around here this morning, but UPS doesn't come by 12:30.  I run out for an hour to do errands and come back.  Nada.  I sit here the rest of the afternoon, telecommuting.  At 5pm, I check the tracking info just for the heck of it. Delivery.  What???  They delivered the package to my office at 4:50pm, and by the time I called the office was closed.  I can't get the box until tomorrow because it's locked in the storeroom.

What is the most effective way to complain about this? This kind of BS happens all the time with UPS.  I'd say that it's 1 delivery in 3 that [b]doesn't[/b] get screwed up somehow.  I would prefer to never receive things via UPS, but that's all some senders will use.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Use FED EX!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Use FED EX!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

I DO!!!!!!!!!!  But some people don't.  And they send me things, see?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
This is funny... I was rolling my eyes at UPS today, as heavy rains were forecast, and I was expecting a moisture sensitive package, so I put  a plastic tub upside down by my garage door, with a big sign that said "UPS- Please put any packages in this plastic tub".  I also put a second sign, 5 feet from my garage, on my front door, saying "UPS- Please put any packages in plastic tub by garage".  Well, it rained, and I came home to a sopping wet box on my front steps, 5 feet from the plastic tub, and right in front of my front door with the sign on it.  Thankfully the contents were wrapped in plastic...
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I work for UPS and I want to see the company SINK!

I'm not in it for a career, just some cash while I get through college since I can work early in the morning and still get to my classes.

UPS has gotta stand for "Union Provided Slavery", so long as the stupid employees want to work for UPS the union will fight to keep them employed but the trick is the UPS management will work everybody to death.

You want to know why your driver didn't get to your office on the day the 2nd day air package was supposed to be delivered?   Probably because he was so over loaded that it just wasn't feasible.    It's not necesarilly the drivers fault either, he may know the route and the close times of all of the businesses on his route but the person who loaded his truck may have put the package in an area of the truck where he doesn't get to it till the end of the route.    The next day he might remember that the package wasn't delivered the previous day and he'll shift his schedule to get to it, sucks though that they didn't get the delivery change correction though.

ED_P, Call and complain like a MO-FO!   There is no excuse for that, most of the drivers I know aren't 1/2 as lazy as that.   What a joke, driver should be tied to the burrow of a rabid squirrel and have his nuts chewed on for awhile.

Anyhow, UPS and the UPS union are both a joke.   Worked for them for nearly a year and can't stand either of them, it seems the main reason why anyone works for UPS is because their situation leaves them little alternative.   Most of the drivers I know are good people but they are in little position to really change things.    In the mornings when I'm loading the delivery trucks I really can impact their day by loading their truck and letting them know where everything is inorder for them to get it the hell off the truck.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know, but I'm getting real tired of having packages with hundreds of dollars worth of stuff (e.g. box with a fist-sized hole in it and an MG-34 barrel sticking out for all the world to see) getting left on my porch even though a signature is supposed to be required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top