Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2002 9:25:22 AM EDT
OK...  I've not been here long.  I'm a smarta$$, but not as witty as some.  I ask a lot of stupid questions.  I offer little information, because I know nothing...  You guys and gal(s) have been a great resource.  I have learned lots...

Hard to beleive that, since I was given my first .22 30 years ago.  A Winchester Model 290.  I have a pair of them now.  Both of the original owners (brother and father in law)are discussing squirrel hunting in Heaven now...

I'm damn near tired of myself....

But I'm taking someone shooting at a newly acquired property(belonging to a friend) Thursday.  First time she's held a gun...
Before we get to handling a firearm, we will discuss basic firearm safety.  

The 290's will not be along for the ride.

The AR's will be left at home...

She is a hottie....

Maybe a "Show and Tell" session after we clean the .38 and 9mm???
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
what does this have to do with being tired of your shit?

btw, skip the cleaning. it's boring as hell to a non gun owner. and take the ar. unless you are afraid she'll think of you as some type of radical, i'm sure she'll enjoy and appreciate shooting it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Better yet, give me your AR and let me take the girl shooting while you clean your guns.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
pictures. dont forget the camera.[;D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#5]
She knows I have the AR's.

You ain't gettin 'em...

I just want to introduce her slowly.

to the firearms, that is...

I believe I stated that I was a smarta$$ in my original post...

looking forward to introducing a [newbie]...
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know you and have never seen a post from you. Now that I have I am tired of your $hit. [puke]

BTW.  Take the AR and skip the cleaning :-)
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Two questions:
[list=1][*]Why not take the AR? It looks infinitely cool, doesn't recoil, and is a shoulder fired weapon.[/*]
[*]If you're introducing a newbie female to shooting then why are you gonna run her off with the messy, tedious, boring process of cleaning after shooting? If she the idea she gets is "OK, if I shoot for an hour then clean nasty black carbon with stinky chemicals for two hours... I never want to do this again!"[/*][/list=1]

Jake
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm certain there is a sex-related analogy somewhere in this.  Anybody??
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

She is a hottie....

View Quote

[b]WE'LL[/b] be the judge of that.

Pics are required.

Tell her the gov't requires pics of all new shooters, for their records. Yup. Scantily clad ones. Bathing suits preferrably.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Tell her its "For the children."

which would partly be true.

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top