Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 8:57:52 AM EDT
BEIJING (Reuters) - China blasted the Bush administration decision to scrap a $34 million payment to the U.N. Population Fund, saying on Tuesday it would harm government efforts to stop forced abortions.

It satisfied a conservative anti-abortion lobby ahead of congressional elections in November, infuriated Democrats and disappointed U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan.

"This only serves the United States' political goals, and nothing else," said an official at China's State Family Planning Commission, who declined further comment.

The U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA) had funded purchases of computers and vehicles in China which "are used to send notices to people about not having further children,"

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/reuters20020723_227.html[/url]

And in reference and addition to my "German Taxpayers..." post: Fuck China, Fuck Kofi Annan.

Let Larry Ellison donate computers and vehicles (see "U.S. should centralize citizen data" from yesterday or the day before) if he's so keen on donating his products to governments.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Boo Hoo Hoo. FO & die,commie dirtbags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#3]
[insert foto of me flashing my fat, pimpled, hairy butt at China]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#4]
the un is hereby invited to eat the turds out of my fat white ass
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree totally with what GWB is doing.  I always see people bashing him and his desicions, and that is pretty thoughtless.  What if Sore Loserman (Gore Liberman)was in the oval office now?  we be in a ten times worse situation.  We probably would have sent aid to Afgahnistan, just for killing three thousand people.  

Bush may not do everything that we all want him to do, after all he can't satisfy everyone.  I personally think he has done a good job upholding morals and bringing this country back closer to where it should be.  

Alright, y'all flame away...[devil]  i can't remember what else i was gonna rant about, but hey.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the un is hereby invited to eat the turds out of my fat white ass
View Quote

While the political sentiment is appreciated, I wish I could bleach and scrub my mind to remove the visual... [puke]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[insert foto of me flashing my fat, pimpled, hairy butt at China]

View Quote
 [moon]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I was Bush I would stop ALL shipments of food
to all countries accept our dearest allies.
Starve the world into submission.
Or at least kill off our enemies.

There are to many people here anyway.
View Quote

[:)] and the cool thing is is that your not "punishing" them. They did that themselves by not having a Free Economy. Lets end international welfare.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
China wants a handout?  WTF!  They have a viable economy, why in hell would we pay for THEIR problem???
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#12]
My guess is that this was funding somebody's slushfund. [red][i]Now the party on free US money is over[/i][/red]. I'd be p*ssed as well, wouldn't you, if President Bush cut off your party money that Clinton promised?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#13]
It satisfied a conservative anti-abortion lobby ahead of congressional elections in November, infuriated Democrats and disappointed U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
View Quote

What's not to like?

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone remember how much China was contributing to 9/11 relief or to Afghanistan refugee relief funds?

I think it was along the lines of ...

ZERO.

But I may be off by a decimal point or two.

--LS
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Let the commie maniacs fund their own genocide.  

(the left gets mad when you co-opt their terms)
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe the infuriated Democrats can elect to pay for this 'noble cause' with money taken out of their own paychecks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:00:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe the infuriated Democrats can elect to pay for this 'noble cause' with money taken out of their own paychecks.
View Quote

Hell YA, they just voted themselves (and the GOP) another pay raise even though they have a COL adjustment at the end of the Congress.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top