Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 6:42:52 AM EDT
The Georgia Games (state olympics) were held in Augusta this year, and had a tactical rifle event.  ME, being the airhead that I am, decide about a month ago that it would be a good time to sell my tactical match rifle and start building a new one.  Well Cav-arms got me the lower, but Bushmaster is running on a 6-8 wk backlog.  I decided I would try to shoot the match and asked my shooting partner(and arch nemesis) if I could hot gun with him.  He has a Bushmaster A3 carbine with the 14.5" heavy, fluted barrel with a permanently installed Mini-Y comp.  It's the exact same upper I ordered from Bushmaster.  As I have said in the past, the Mini-Y comp is the best muzzle break on the market.  I watched my partner shoot "at speed", and the barrel never moved.  I also got to watch him take the gold medal for this event, and I took the bronze shooting the same gun.  The lack of a 1-2 finish was certainly not the gun's fault.  There were also a lot of different optics.  We were shooting an Aimpoint Comp M on the M4 Railgrabber mount.  Never underestimate the precision and speed of a 3 moa dot.

We had a good contingent of highpower shooters, members of tactical teams, and of course the usual gun nutz.  The COF included shots from standing, kneeling/sitting, prone and barricade positions as well as shots fired from the bench.  Targets were IDPA, cardboard circles, clay's and bullseye.  It was a course that challenged equipment and shooter.  A good time was had by all.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's not a 308 it don't impress me.

Just joking, now put down those Bushys HEHEHE [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top