Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 1:18:09 PM EDT
ever shot?

Working up to a 55 gal drum from 500 yards!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#1]
geeze whats 55 gallons of tannerite cost!?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
$50 bucks at the farm store!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well...I have seen 30 go off at once!  [;)]

The more I thought about the 55 gal. the more I wonder if it would even be safe at 500 yards.  I think we should work up to five gal. first.

30 bottles is about 2 gal.

OH...and it is very LOUD!

medcop
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay...if you can buy it at the farm store, WTH is it?  The grey stuff is obviously some sort of powdered metal, and the white some nitrate compound.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yes. Quite loud! Shook my whole truck. 10 times a .50 BMG muzzle blast. Oh my poor bucket, it served me well.......
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh yes. Quite loud! Shook my whole truck. 10 times a .50 BMG muzzle blast. Oh my poor bucket, it served me well.......
View Quote

You traded us a cheap bucket [;)] the thing was cracked and had to be fixed with duct tape before we [b]BLEW THE HELL OUT OF IT![/B]...LOL!

medcop
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I missed the last one. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I have serious doubts as to the legality of that stuff.

What compound does it form when mixed?

HEs' need an explosive charge to get them going, whereas blackpowder-types need an ignition source...

So just WTH is this compound that will ignite with a large shock?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
DevilsAdvocate,

""So just WTH is this compound that will ignite with a large shock? ""

A large shock you say? Like a naked pic of your mom maybe? ;)

You just need to go look for some more info my friend before you go running around saying stuff like this;)
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#12]
****NEWBIE ALERT*****

can someone point out the directions for posting pics and I'll put a few up here of that one we shot off Sat.

[devil]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You traded us a cheap bucket [;)] the thing was cracked and had to be fixed with duct tape before we [b]BLEW THE HELL OUT OF IT![/B]...LOL!

medcop
View Quote

My bucket sucked but at least I had one. [;D] The can I brought was universally loved though. 1 out of 2 ain't bad.....  [BD]

Edit to fix the damn smilie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have serious doubts as to the legality of that stuff.
View Quote

go here: [url]http://www.tannerite.com/[/url]

and read up.

-psywar
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Tannerite WILL set off ANFO.

But be careful, please.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, be careful. That stuff can throw schrapnel a surprisingly long distance.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
DevilsAdvocate,

You just need to go look for some more info my friend before you go running around saying stuff like this;)
View Quote

Its basically ammonium nitrate/fuel oil with some other crap...Hmm, same shit was supposedly used in the Oklahoma City bombing.

Granted, not illegal in a binary form, but the website doesn't say anything past that.

I think I will be staying away from that stuff.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
DevilsAdvocate,

View Quote

Its basically ammonium nitrate/fuel oil with some other crap...Hmm, same shit was supposedly used in the Oklahoma City bombing.

Granted, not illegal in a binary form, but the website doesn't say anything past that.

I think I will be staying away from that stuff.
View Quote

Tannerite does NOT contain a fuel oil of any type.  Making an ANFO compound would have legal issues as ANFO can be set off by several methods.

Tannerite is 100% legal to purchase / use.  You do NOT have to have an explosive license to order or use it.  The ATF would have put a stop to it when it first came out if it was illegal.  

I also don't think the tannerite company who sells high explosive that require a license would sell a product that is illegal or even questionable.

The ony way it can be set off is with a high power rifle.

You can hit it with a 12 pound sledge hammer and light it on fire or shoot it with a handgun or 22 rifle and it will NOT go off.

It takes a high power rifle to set it off.  Most of the time of varmit load will not set it off.  It takes a full metal jacket round of .223 or larger.

Tannerite is NOT what was used in the Oklahoma City Bombing.  It was ANFO with another explosive mixture to "make it bigger."

I know exactly what is used to make tannerite.  I can purchase the compounds all day long and have them shipped to my door by UPS or Fed Ex without a license.

Tannerite is legal....period!

medcop

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
that pic is one gallon of tannerite sayin' "bye-bye".

the blast thumped the chest...hard...from 90 yards away.

personally, i do not use tannerite...i just watch others set/detonate it. thrill enough for me.

sadly, due to a complaint from a neighbor, the rifle club i belong to (tusco) recently banned explosive charges of any type on all the ranges. bummer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Qbang, dont leave us hanging.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#22]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top