Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 11:16:49 AM EDT
Just watched this movie again .....At the end I think I would have shot him too but my buddie says he wouldnt......

What would you do?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Shot him....no doubt in my mind what so ever.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Without a doubt, but I would not have killed him right away.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
[kill]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
In real life, i would have preferred the alternate ending to occur (see the DVD).  If it was me, I most likely would have shot him, and then probably myself, too.  Of course, that's all speculation on my part as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In real life, i would have preferred the alternate ending to occur (see the DVD).  If it was me, I most likely would have shot him, and then probably myself, too.  Of course, that's all speculation on my part as well.
View Quote

For someone that doesn't feel like spending $3 to rent a DVD just so I can see an alternate ending can you please tell me what it is?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys are too nice!  I would have killed him, slowly.  I figure Mr. Pitt had at least 8 rounds (probably more with reloads), I think I would try and see how many times I could shoot him without killing him.  I guess I would be charitable by giving him the last round in the back of the head.  Its the same thing with the guy that raped and killed that 5yo girl.  For that guy, I might try and keep him alive even longer, like the guy in Seven.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For someone that doesn't feel like spending $3 to rent a DVD just so I can see an alternate ending can you please tell me what it is?
View Quote

Cheapskate [:)]

After the box is opened and Pitt's character comes over, he is freaked out and wants to shoot him.  Freeman stops him, and instead shoots John Doe.  He says..."I'm retired."
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys are too nice!  I would have killed him, slowly.  I figure Mr. Pitt had at least 8 rounds (probably more with reloads), I think I would try and see how many times I could shoot him without killing him.  I guess I would be charitable by giving him the last round in the back of the head.
View Quote

Same here, with the exception of the back of the head part.

I probably would have shot both his hands off at the wrists and one in the stomach, and watched him slowely bleed to death, while his stomach acids burned his insides.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I probably would have shot both his hands off at the wrists and one in the stomach, and watched him slowely bleed to death, while his stomach acids burned his insides.
View Quote
I'm all for inflicting the maximum amount of pain possible, for as long as I can keep it going. There's a line in the movie Payback that goes something like "I'll even give you a blood transfusion if I have to, just to make it last longer.."
That's a start. [devil]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
One pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shot him ?
Yes.

But I carry extra clips so I would have started
from the legs and worked my self up towards the head.

I would have at least blessed him with 40 rounds.
View Quote

Did I mention that one pull of the trigger would send one up his penis?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd go with Parker and Longbaugh....

Tie his wrists to steel pole with barbed wire.
His ankles with barbed wire to an anchored come-along about 5 feet off the ground...start cranking it tight.
As Parker says in Way of the Gun " This is as good as it going to get. In a little while I'm gonna pull out some of your fingernails....then I'm going to slice your eyeballs. As we continue I'll come along and pour gasoline in them just to make sure you stay awake....."

Yeah that would work....unless I could find four big-ass Clydesdales and draw and quarter him.......The Medieval way......
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm all for inflicting the maximum amount of pain possible, for as long as I can keep it going. There's a line in the movie Payback that goes something like "I'll even give you a blood transfusion if I have to, just to make it last longer.."
That's a start. [devil]
View Quote

A man after my own heart[}:D] You guys are bringing a tear to my eye. Its great to be around my brothers and sisters in arms and not those sissified liberals that think that these animals that rape, kill and prey on innicent children,women and the weak are misunderstood and need help. When they really need to have someone go Medieval on thier asses. This thread reminds me of the ways of old. When if you were one of these preditary monsters you would be hung publically and left swinging for all to see. It would leave quite an impression on the children that saw and I'm sure when they grew up they would remember what happens to those that get out of line.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#17]
When I first watched that movie at the theater I remember thinking that I might have had to reload.

Now that I'm a little older, wiser, more patient and now that I've been married a few years, if this was to happen I think I would have to re-enact the russian decapitation video after reloading.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I know you guys are just venting, but you might want to take a look at what you're saying.  No doubt in my head that John Doe should die.  I'd be looking at him through glass when the .308 slug crosses his mind, and I have to admit that I might grin a little.  But torturing the POS?  IMHO, if you start to enjoy stuff like that, you're over the edge.

A self-defense situation is one thing; that's when it's perfectly fine to go medieval.  You need to do anything and everything to come out alive.  But dispatching a restrained prisoner?  There's no need for any messy stuff there.  And doing in front of witnesses?  Why throw your life away with his?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Without a doubt, but I would not have killed him right away.
View Quote

Knee, Knee, ankle, ankle, wrist, wrist, elbow, elbow...............
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Me (as Brad Pitt), "What's in the box?"

(opens box)

Bang.  

(gets on with dealing with his wife being killed)

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#22]
The thoughts expressed here are exactly why civilians shoujld not have access to firearms.

Save yourself the trouble and start turning them over to people who can be trusted with them now.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Shot him? thats an understatement,a shot to the grion to start with followed by some time for the sick bastard to understand that this might take a while.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#24]
the thing is u never do find out what is excatly inside the box

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#25]
One of the all-time best movies EVER, IMO. I must have seen it at least 100 times - no kidding. Mills was under so much stress & pain that I cannot fault him (well, his character) for what he did.

Would I ever do the same thing? I just hope that I never find out.

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its his wifes head.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's Brad Pitts wifes head.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Its his wifes head.  
View Quote

Damn ,you beat me by 8 seconds,LOL
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
 IMHO, if you start to enjoy stuff like that, you're over the edge.

A self-defense situation is one thing; that's when it's perfectly fine to go medieval.  You need to do anything and everything to come out alive.  But dispatching a restrained prisoner?  There's no need for any messy stuff there.  And doing in front of witnesses?  Why throw your life away with his?
View Quote

Whats wrong with enjoying it?  At that point, there is nothing in your life that would be more important than making that fu@ker pay
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't kill him.

I would remove his eyes and tongue and also render his arms/legs useless. Then I would make sure that he knows that he will live for many years in that condition...and then I would destroy his hearing as well. [pissed]

Some things are worse than death.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:33:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wouldn't kill him.

I would remove his eyes and tongue and also render his arms/legs useless. Then I would make sure that he knows that he will live for many years in that condition...and then I would destroy his hearing as well. [pissed]

Some things are worse than death.
View Quote

You've put alot of thought into this[X]. I like it[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#32]
John Doe was a sicko, he wanted to die so he would be remembered.

I wouldn't kill him, not on the spot. I would wait it out and get with a screw on the inside and exact my revenge in the middle of the night a few months down the road.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The thoughts expressed here are exactly why civilians shoujld not have access to firearms.

Save yourself the trouble and start turning them over to people who can be trusted with them now.

View Quote

Imbroglio?  Is that you?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't the Dread Pirate Roberts teach you anything?!?

"WRONG! Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why.  So that every shriek of every child in seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish.  Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, 'Dear God, what is that thing?', will echo in your perfect ears.  That is what 'to the pain' means.  It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."
View Quote

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#35]
There seems to be some Soviet era studies done regarding sensory deprivation effects on humans. IIRC, there was no one that retained any sense of their sanity after being subjected to full sensory deprivation. The tecnique seemed very involved with medications, a salt water tank, video cameras, medical monitring, and several technicians standing by.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Ride the Wrath,
Bring the Pain.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I know you guys are just venting, but you might want to take a look at what you're saying.  No doubt in my head that John Doe should die.  I'd be looking at him through glass when the .308 slug crosses his mind, and I have to admit that I might grin a little.  But torturing the POS?  IMHO, if you start to enjoy stuff like that, you're over the edge.

View Quote

Hey, isn't that what the temporary insanity-plea is for? [devil] If it works for the BG's it should work for us too, right?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I never said I'd use a firearm. Some garden tools and other assorted objects and chemicals. [devil] But guns, no way!

View Quote
You make it sound as though we alrady have people locked in our basement dungeons. [=D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There seems to be some Soviet era studies done regarding sensory deprivation effects on humans. IIRC, there was no one that retained any sense of their sanity after being subjected to full sensory deprivation. The tecnique seemed very involved with medications, a salt water tank, video cameras, medical monitring, and several technicians standing by.

View Quote

Didn't Tom Clancy describe that techinique in Cardinal of the Kremlin?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes he did.

Didn't Tom Clancy describe that techinique in Cardinal of the Kremlin?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top