Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2002 10:59:46 AM EDT
Has anyone ever went to one of their favorite "public shooting areas" just to find a bunch of guys drinking and shooting?

One of my favorite spots is often frequented by these types. Its a great place, not a home for miles but this just worries me. I'll go there and find three or four of them with a target thrower mounted on a spare tire blasting away at clays and killing a case.

Now I have been know to take a few to drink AFTER the shooting stopped and me and my friends were sitting on the tailgate killing time and cooling off after all that time in the sun but this is way different. I even witnessed on of them open fire on an old car battery sitting on a rock and in return you could see the ricochets flying all around him and his buddies, luckily no one was hurt.

Other than the alcohol these guys "seem" to know how to act (eyes and ears always). I just wander what you guys would do if it was facing you. I want to say something but arguing with good ol' boys about their shooting habits just doesn't seem safe. The bad part is this is one of the best shooting spots around, there's even a place were you can safely target at 250+ yards with a back drop, so I don't want to give it up.

Opinions?

Jake
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I was at a builders picnic in Pennsylvania many years ago and they had a trap shooting competition. I was too young to imbibe at the time and entered into the shoot. About half way through the competition, I saw someone set a beer down and actually stagger up to the line.
That was enough for me, I packed up and left right then. I didn't want to stick around and here "pull" and watch someone swing around to the volleyball game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top