Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 10:29:05 PM EDT
I received the following tidbit of information in an unrelated discussion on a mailing list I'm on:

Might want to check your local laws concerning the Hi-Cap mags
and CCW (License revocation type restrictions)

I know here in TX, we are limited to 10 rnds unless
you are Military or LE user unless the handgun &
magazine was originally produced with more rnds
before the Brady act....
View Quote

I'm not in TX, so this wouldn't apply to me regardless, but is it actually true?

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
So this guy is saying that if you buy a 2002 production pistol that you can't use pre 09/13/94 hi caps?

wrong

very wrong

Tate in Dallas
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
He seems to think that both the handgun model and it's mags need to have existed prior to the 9/94 ban. He's trying to give me a lecture on the ins and outs of CCW, though since I've been carrying for about as long as he has been alive (24 years) I'm pretty comfortable with my understanding of CCW in PA and how to carry.

He was really uncomfortable with my discussion of possibly switching to a Para-Ordnance P.14.45 for every day carry. After all, he couldn't use one properly since they were too big for him to grip correctly, so obviously it would be a problem for me.  

Nothing like a little projection.

I doubt I'll contimue the conversation; he's obviously a cluebie.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I received the following tidbit of information in an unrelated discussion on a mailing list I'm on:

Might want to check your local laws concerning the Hi-Cap mags
and CCW (License revocation type restrictions)

I know here in TX, we are limited to 10 rnds unless
you are Military or LE user unless the handgun &
magazine was originally produced with more rnds
before the Brady act....
View Quote

I'm not in TX, so this wouldn't apply to me regardless, but is it actually true?

View Quote

Complete BS.  When I last took the class, it was made clear that it was legal for us to carry any magazine that was legal to own, regardless of the manufacture date of the pistol.  We had guys with new glocks and old hi-cap mags for the shooting part of the test and it was one of the questions asked by the students.  Since Texas has no laws concerning magazine capacity, that means anything legal by the 1994 AW ban is legal to use.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I just took my CHL class 3 months ago, no mention of not having hi-caps. Hope this guy doesn't have his TX CHL cause he doesn't seem to know shit about the law.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

DavidC:  He probably lives in TX, but his mind is in Kali.
View Quote

Hey I resemble that comment [;)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top