Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 4:02:57 PM EDT
I was offshore fishing out of Freeport Texas Saturday and I was amazed at the number of dolphins.  we went out 25 miles and I must have seen 200 dolphins.  we normally fish for snapper and king fish but when the fish stop biting you can bet there are dolphins around.  several times we tied up to oil platforms and we would catch one or two snapper and then the fish would stop bitting.  a few seconds later a dolphin would surface and we would have to move to a different platform.  the shrimp boats also tie up to these platforms and you can drift behind the shrimp boats when  they cull their catch and pick up a kingfish. but not any more because there were easily 30 dolphins around every shrimp boat.  i don't know if they ate the kingfish or more likely just scared them away.  this sucks!  these animals have no natural predators and just like wolves they are taking over.  

I am not advocating breaking the law.  just changing it so we can catch fish and kill and eat dolphins.  I bet they taste like chicken or tuna!  i don't care if you love these animals or flipper made you cry.  i just want to be able to fish.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The Japanese eat them. I wonder what they taste like? You would have to bleed them like a pig because they have so much iron in their muscles... Hmmm.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Sharks and Killer Whales both prey on dolphins.  Killing a dolphin will get you in serious trouble.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
please don't eat me
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/duppy%2Fdolphins%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't want to eat you.  I just want to kill you, you fishing trip ruining piece of trash.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
This could become interesting!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remember who was there first. Maybe you guys can work something out so you both can have fish.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The other day someone posted an artical about a kitten getting cooked on a grill and everyone freaked out.  But nobody is bothered by someone wanting to kill dolphins because they out-fished him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I eat beef. I dare say everyone here has. I would not tolerate a calf being thrown onto hot coals by some psycho just so that asshole could torture it. I would however assist in the quck painless death of that sam calf so I could have some veal. Get the difference?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
please don't eat me
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/duppy%2Fdolphins%2EJPG[/img]
View Quote

yeah! that was the b#stard that ruined my fishing trip.  

seriously only new born Dolphins are in danger of sharks in the gulf of Mexico.  once they reach maturity Dolphins harass and kill sharks even larger shark like a 10' bull shark is not safe in the gulf.  killer whales do not live in the gulf because the water is to warm.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I eat beef. I dare say everyone here has. I would not tolerate a calf being thrown onto hot coals by some psycho just so that asshole could torture it. I would however assist in the quick painless death of that sam calf so I could have some veal. Get the difference?
View Quote

Would you assist in locking up a calf in a small metal cage, keeping it immobile for the entirety of it's life, which happens to be fairly short compared to other beef? (Not trying to sound like an ass, just wondering...)
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Edited to add-they are actually dumber than pigs (which are pretty smart as animals go) and we eat pigs so what the heck fire up the grill
View Quote

This is interesting.  I admit that I've never seen results of a study that compared these animals with pigs in terms of how "smart" they are.  Where did you get this?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Two in the chest, one in the blow hole. [xx(]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Just roll them over and rub their belly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Would you assist in locking up a calf in a small metal cage, keeping it immobile for the entirety of it's life, which happens to be fairly short compared to other beef? (Not trying to sound like an ass, just wondering...)
View Quote

No. I also can't stand people who declaw cats or who keep dogs indoors all the time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just roll them over and rub their belly.
View Quote

Yea, but not to low on their belly!
Hank Hill can tell you what happens when you rub them to low!

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#21]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/operatorerror%2Fdolphin1%5B1%5D%2Ejpg[/img]

Flipper says " EAT ME "
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I know what you mean.  I was on a Flower Gardens dive trip and we stopped at Stetson Reef for a dive and were invaded by about 20 of them.  They stayed until a 10 foot bull shark arrived!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I eat beef. I dare say everyone here has. I would not tolerate a calf being thrown onto hot coals by some psycho just so that asshole could torture it. I would however assist in the quick painless death of that sam calf so I could have some veal. Get the difference?
View Quote

View Quote

I have absolutely no qualms about doing that to make good veal.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#24]
There must be lots of hillbilly/cowboy-hero types on this board so you can probablly answer.  Can you shoot fish?  Does the water refract the bullet too much or something?  Can you lead the fish or make up for what the water will do to the bullet?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not sure what effect shooting into water has on the trajectory of a bullet. Water does refract light so you would have to figure out your sighting for an accurate shot.

I have heard that Glocks can be fired under water. If you could sneak up on one of them thar critters and do a close range/contact hit, well, according to some here, that's some mighty good eatin'.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not beef, that's veal. Buonissimo!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:46:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I think the "roll them over" has merit.

I bet those suckers would be rotisserie heaven!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Man, I don't believe how some of you guys are talking about poor old Flipper.

Hey, I thought the commercial tuna fishermen were taking care of the problem? Did PETA get them to stop?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#30]
The US navy outfitted dolphins with a harpoon on their snout and trained them to harpoon enemy divers in the late 60's.Only one deployment was mentioned it was a ammo pier in Vnam. The harpoon had a small air tank and balloon built in. Once harpooned a float would make it's way to the surface and a patrol boat would be able to reel in the diver.

History channel ya gotta love it, or as my wife calls it the WAR channel
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I also can't stand people who declaw cats or who keep dogs indoors all the time.
View Quote

My dog is in all the time and NOT BY MY CHOICE!!! The dog would just rather stay inside. She is turning into a couch potato!! I swear that if you dye her hair red and feed her Bon Bons you have Peg Bundy.

But how about people who "De-Bark" their dogs. Why dont you just cut off their nuts while you are at it... Oh, wait a minute ...
View Quote

Yep. I hate that too. Or thoses weirdos who put sweaters on their dogs. What's up with that? Dogs need to be dogs. They have to have the chance to sniff strange assholes, piss on things, and find the occasional badly decomposed corpse to roll around on in order to be normal. Cats are more like humans. If they don't get to hunt and fish, they go nuts. If you take away their weapons, that is just plain wrong.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There must be lots of hillbilly/cowboy-hero types on this board so you can probablly answer.  Can you shoot fish?  Does the water refract the bullet too much or something?  Can you lead the fish or make up for what the water will do to the bullet?
View Quote
Fess up.  Care to tell us what your real gig is?  You have been here just a few hours, and have a number of derogatory comments under your belt.
To answer your question, never shoot at water - it will [i]reflect[/i] the bullet.
Ever been in a boat going over 50 mph, and hit a wave?  Felt like hitting a brick wall in the water, didn't it?  The water acts the same to any high speed object - presents a very hard surface.
View Quote
He is just another DU troll. Relax. When boys find themselves in the company of men they are often intimidated, and make asses out of themselves in overcompensation.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Whats the DU?  I just like fucking with you guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top