Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 2:58:49 PM EDT
I have been seeing this girl.
SUPER cool chick. One of the rare ones. Has no problem with shooting either [;)]
She's kind of a little pill-head, but I think it's just a phase that she'll be getting out of soon enough. She's just caught up in the wrong crowd, but hell. We all were at one point or another.
Anyway, I am going to be stationed in either Denver or Maryland soon... Which, of course, isn't here.
So, I need all of you losers to tell me how you know when to go for it, or drop her.
The thing is, this program I am doing is pretty fun, and there will be a lot of women there... I am pretty young, and will soon enough be down to my lean and trim fightin weight... so why make any comitments now, when there is still fun to be had?
But then again, this one is pretty cool, and I really don;t want to let her go if I don't have to.
Advice please.

McU
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
How long have you been seeing her, and how old are you? You dont want to rush into anything, you could bring her with you without asking her to marry you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How long have you been seeing her, and how old are you? You dont want to rush into anything, you could bring her with you without asking her to marry you.
View Quote

I have known her for a while, but I have been seeing her casually for the past 4 months, and it has gotten pretty severe in the last month, since I got back from the BRC.
Age is irrelevant.
As far as the bring/no-marriage thing, that ain't my style to uproot someone without a contract.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait to make your decision until you know where you're moving. If you end up in Baltimore, you might want to bring your own womenz, but in Denver you might want to find new womenz.
Make sense? If not, you've never been to Baltimore!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to see some PICTURES before giving serious relationship advice. [:D]

Seriously though..  The "pill-head" thing kinda bothers me.
What's with Florida chicks?  First the "crack whore", now a "pill-head".

Maybe you can find a better class of woman in Denver? ??
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seriously though..  The "pill-head" thing kinda bothers me.
View Quote

Well, yeah. She is a bit fucked up, but she is a good person, outside of what pharmeceuticals she ingests for recreation.

St. Aug is a little college town... Lots'a partiers. There is just something in the water here that makes folk a bit wilder than other places. She is cycling out of the "pill" thing though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have to ask, you already know the answer!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Can a junkie ever totally recover though??
(and be totally trustworthy ?)

It's just the pessimist in me that questions these things. [:\]

Where are the PICS??? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wait to make your decision until you know where you're moving. If you end up in Baltimore, you might want to bring your own womenz, but in Denver you might want to find new womenz.
Make sense? If not, you've never been to Baltimore!
View Quote

YES! Balitmore has the ugliest women in the world including Philadelphia and  Pitcairn Island.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's just the pessimist in me that questions these things. [:\]

View Quote

That doesnt mean she is a junkie....
what kind of pills?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have known her for a while, but I have been seeing her casually for the past 4 months, and it has gotten pretty severe in the last month, since I got back from the BRC.
Age is irrelevant.
As far as the bring/no-marriage thing, that ain't my style to uproot someone without a contract.
View Quote

If you have to ask the question, you're too young. Let it go....
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wait dude... it'll be deja vu all over again. [:D]

"I just want to get my stuff out of your place!" she says with her Meth dealer at her side, and McUzi at defcon 1.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
New town, new job, & you're working on getting in shape-I don't think a relationship w/ a girl involved w/drugs and the wrong crowd is worth keeping going, particularly long distance; nor would I trust a woman with those issues in a long distance relationship. Give her the heave and meet a nice(r) girl that isn't into that crap and will be there every day to spend time with (reading between the lines I'm guessing your housing situation would not allow you to bring present girl w/you + she sounds like she could jam you up in this new job)

You are starting over your life in many ways, I don't this girl is part of your old life that is worth continuing. There is a better woman out there for you.
View Quote

Damn dude. You're like an armed Oprah... [>(]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

View Quote

She's a 7.
She's in much better shape than I am, but I am a cuter guy than she is a girl, so it's sort of a wash between us. That isn't to say she is in some way ugly...
I'm just really, really cute [:E][BD]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd advise against. Every friend of mine who married someone or had kids with someone with a drug/alc problem lived to regret it. Alot.

Best of luck in your decisions.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#17]
If you have to ask the question, you're too young. Let it go....
View Quote

I'm with Liberty on this one.
And...no one is "kind of a little pill-head".
I've worked in the entertainment business for
18 years and I've seen my share of "recreational" drug use.

If you really care about her, get her off of the
pills. Confront her with that challenge and it
will give you a good idea of her true character
as well as how much she really cares for you!

Fire two rounds and call me in the morning.
- Dr. Gunner 1X
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And judging from your high strung, confrontational ultra-logical personality,
View Quote

I take it we met at the BRC... [8D]
Sorry. I'm not good with placing names and faces (Not to mention I was drunk 1/2 the time...[:D])
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just wait dude... it'll be deja vu all over again. [:D]

"I just want to get my stuff out of your place!" she says with her Meth dealer at her side, and McUzi at defcon 1.  
View Quote

ROFLMAO! Good shot!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
She's kind of a little pill-head, but I think it's just a phase that she'll be getting out of soon enough. She's just caught up in the wrong crowd, but hell. We all were at one point or another.
McU
View Quote

In all seriousness dude this is the phrase that sticks out the most of the whole paragraph.  I suggest you check out her background and family to learn out more about her.

Now you and I haven't always seen eye to eye but let me give you some advice.  When you are ready to settle down, find a woman that has the same interests and wants as you do,  meaning approach it like a business deal.  So first you must find out what it is that is really important to you!  Do you want kids?  Do you want a stay at home woman?  Do you believe that the man should take care of bills while the woman takes care of the house/kids?  What are your views towards sex?  What are your true political views?  Where do you really want to live? Are you comfortable sitting alone quietly yet she always wants to talk?

Do you see where I am going with this?   Figure this stuff out for yourself and than find a woman that meets those needs these needs of yours.  When you do she will also find a man that meets her goals/needs.  Of course you must also be physically attracted to each other but that is really just a small part of a relationship.  If you are attracted to what the woman has inside and stands for than there always will be an abundant amount of passion in the relationship.  And strong passion is the true key to a great sex life.

Truly if you are not sure of all these things then I suggest you drop her and move on....like you said, you are still young.

Divorce is at an all time high now a days and I truly believe it's because people put to much emphasis on looks and money instead of true mutual comparability.

And remember that there are 4 types of love:

1. Brotherly love...this is caring for your friends, parents, and mankind in general

2. Lust...strictly sex based, really has nothing to do with caring for another person

3. Infatuation...This is the first hint of true love a couple feels that encourages them to marry or pursue a relationship.  Also sometimes referred to as "love at first sight".

and finally

4.  True love...The is were two people literally become soulmate and is the highest form of love.  It takes years to develop as a result of sharing good and bad life experiences with each other.  It is the ultimate self sacrificing position a person can ever find themselves in, it is when someone will literally die for the benefit of their soul mate.  But like I said, it takes years to achieve.

All relationships have problems, some more severe than others, but it is due to the selfishness of most people that stops them from working thru these problems that leads to divorce and stops them from every enjoying the wonderful experience of true love.  And experiencing [i]true love[/i] is the ultimate wonderful human emotion a person can ever feel.

I hope this helps.

Sgtar15

PS  BTW, my wife and I have been married for 17 years and still going strong.  She's not just my wife and lover but also my best friend.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And judging from your high strung, confrontational ultra-logical personality,
View Quote

I take it we met at the BRC... [8D]
Sorry. I'm not good with placing names and faces (Not to mention I was drunk 1/2 the time...[:D])
View Quote

A drunk and a pill-popper. Boy, are you ever in for an interesting life!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Give the guy a break, all he said was that she was "kind of a little pill head" that could mean alot of things, you'all are assuming the worst.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Give the guy a break, all he said was that she was "kind of a little pill head" that could mean alot of things, you'all are assuming the worst.
View Quote

Hmm... Weren't you around for the McUZI "Crack Whore" tale of woe? [:D]

He is a great guy, I'd hate to see him ruin his life by getting involved with another junkie...
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmm... Weren't you around for the McUZI "Crack Whore" tale of woe? [:D]

He is a great guy, I'd hate to see him ruin his life by getting involved with another junkie...
View Quote

I must have missed that one, sounds interesting though! Ill have to search for it. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you have to ask, you already know the answer!!!!!!
View Quote

– and, you wouldn't be rating her a 7, if she was the one for you!

Your willingness to sign a contract is admirable, but the consequences can last a lifetime and may effect other people apart from you and her. Believe me, I speak from experience.

I mean only the best for you and her, when I say you should think long and hard about this before you 'sign a contract'. – Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#28]
About the pill thing, would you trust her to oversee your possessions while you're gone?

[i]I know my answer.[/i]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top