Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2002 10:57:30 AM EDT
... any reviews in yet?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Do the commercials make this movie seem really bad/cheesy to you?  They do me.  Maybe it is just the Rainbow 6 music?  I like just about any movie on a submarine so I'll see it anyhow though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
YES!

see sub.
see sub dive.
dive sub dive.

see good sub.
see bad sub.
see good sub and bad sub.

see sub.
see sub shoot.
sub shoot torpedo!

see man
see other man.
see men argue.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
"The sub's voyage is shadowed by a U.S. destroyer, which is not unwelcome, since the purpose of this mission is to be seen. When there is an accident involving one of the onboard nuclear reactors, however, the game changes: If the reactor explodes and destroys the U.S. ship, will that event be read, in the resulting confusion, as an act of war?"

Um, hokie premise.

A meltdown won't cause a nuclear blast.

Big radio active steam cloud maybe that wouldn't be that hard to get up wind of, but no big boom and mushroom cloud.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Could it be that Harrison Ford has had misgivings about passing on the lead to Hunt for Red October? If you want a good sub movie go with Das Boot.

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw it yesterday, save your money.  

Too many stupid Hollywood oversimplifications.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
This was supposed to be a good one.  It's National Geographic's first feature movie.  What happened?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought it was good, but its been a while since I read anything about it.  With the inaccuracies about the meltdown, remember it was a new officer and his first time on a sub, he probably didnt know any better (and neither did anyone else).

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
lemmie guess,

they have a scene where they go to the limits of depth and have a nerve racking moment while the sub groans and rivits pop

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#12]
The movie started off fairly well, but then has an unsatisfacory climax.  It then continues on for another half an hour of chick-flickish sentinmentalist crap.  The last half of the movie blows.  Poorly done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top