Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2002 9:40:21 AM EDT
Herre is the transcript.

TIPS WILL BE COMING BACK!!!

I have already wrote to my 2 senators, as well as my representative.

This is BS!!! Don't waste your time flaming me, or responding eloquently to this post. (I know everyone loves to up their post count...)

Respond to this when you have emailed or called your reps and told them you do not want TIPS.

Tell them your vote in the next election is riding on this!!!

www.house.gov
www.senate.gov

We can all sit at our computers all day and type about our eroding freedoms.

HERE IS THE TRANSCRIPT...

SNOW: That provides a perfect way to lead into a discussion of homeland security legislation. One of the more controversial items is the TIPS program. The Justice Department would like in some way to deputize about 11,000 workers who move around in the community, whether they be postal workers, delivery people and so on.

Dick Armey has said that the problem with the program is it's poorly conceived, and therefore it was taken out of House legislation.

Is this something the president's going to insist on, or do you just sort of say, "OK, we got to find a better way to do this"?

RIDGE: Well, I think with -- first of all, Dick Armey's to be commended for his leadership in basically keeping the president's proposal intact. The Congress has, to this date, made a declaration that you need to take that back to the drawing board before we would consider supporting it and endorsing it. We'll just have to see where it goes in the weeks ahead during the debate on the floor and see whether or not the Senate embraces the same notion.

SNOW: Are you prepared to go back to the drawing board?

RIDGE: Well, I think we need to focus on the fact that, Tony, that the Congress, to date, the Select Committee in the House, with bipartisan support, even though there were a little disagreement along the fringes, gave the president the basic infrastructure that he requested a couple of months ago.

And I think that, again, through the process on the floor in the House of Representatives -- clearly Senator Lieberman's going to mark up his bill next week and take to the Senate. And there will be a lot of discussion and a lot of negotiation during the August recess. So I think there's still a lot of things on the table to be resolved.

It will obviously -- the White House will obviously be very much involved in that process.

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:We can all sit at our computers all day and type about our eroding freedoms.
View Quote

letters to your "representative" will do about as much good as sitting here bitching

i'll write anyway, just as I'll sit here bitching too

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My only reason to vote is 2nd amendment protection, this is a blip, nothing more.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My only reason to vote is 2nd amendment protection, this is a blip, nothing more.
View Quote

Then what you should be concerned about are the posse comitatus changes. Hello, WACO .. .
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:We can all sit at our computers all day and type about our eroding freedoms.
View Quote

letters to your "representative" will do about as much good as sitting here bitching

i'll write anyway, just as I'll sit here bitching too

View Quote

I agree 1000%  Politions have an ajenda I I seriously doubt anymore that our letters make any differance to them.  Maybe in small town politics but not on the state level.

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top