Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2002 4:22:54 AM EDT
The latest ploy to  drive the Taliban and Al Queda out of the mountains of Afghanistan is to  send in a team of Alabama Special Forces.

Billy Bob, Bubba, Boo, Scooter,  and Cooter are being sent in with the following information about the  Taliban:

1. There is no limit.
2. The season opened last  weekend.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like  beer, pickup trucks, country music, or Jesus.
5. Some are  queer.
6. They don't like barbecue.
7. They were responsible  for Dale Earnhardt's death.

Should be over in just about a week. Don't you  think?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
A hillbilly from TN calling a special forces soldier a redneck.You should move to the Hamptons if you are going to talk like that about your neighbors.you live to close to TIDE COUNTRY to be such a sophisticated ASSHOLE.Yall come back now ya hea.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Automag - don't know whether to take your commentary seriously or as a bit of sarcastic bombast for the sake of domestic consumption.

By the way, I'm not a hillbilly and I'm not "from" Tennessee :)

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have at least three family members no more than two hops from me (cousins, nephews, uncles) that are legally named Bubba.

Carry on.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

By the way, I'm not a hillbilly and I'm not "from" Tennessee :)

View Quote

OK, why don't you get the hell out of the South then!

You have no idea of the how many SF troops from our state have served the country well and made us proud. Alabama is heavily depended on when Gaurd units start getting activated.

What you meant as funny isn't. [V]    
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:02:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was funny, but then again, I live in West Virginia.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Here, this is clearly meant to be a joke......

The latest ploy to  drive the Taliban and Al Queda out of the mountains of Afghanistan is to send in a team of Wisconsin Special Forces.

Ole, Bubba, Boo, Scooter, and Frank are being sent in with the following information about the  Taliban:

1. There is no limit.
2. They don't like pick-em-up trucks.
3. There's a deer hiding behind them, did ya see da 30 pointer....
4. They don't like beer.
5. Did I mention they don't like beer.
6. They don't like brats.
7. They said Brett Favre sucks.
8. The sooner the Taliban, are gone the sooner they come home.
9. They have killed people that tried drinking beer.
10. Because they killed 3,000 people in a disgusting attack on innocent people. Not to mention that they are Religous fanatacs that believe women have nor Rights, nor does anyone else that doesn't believe in their religon.

Should be over in just about a week. Don't you  think?

Don't take it to serious, if we can't laugh every once in a while the stress will eat us up.

Godspeed. [USA]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I for one think its pretty funny[:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

But you're a danm yankee! Don't ya'll know there's nothin north of Tennesse worth a crap! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#10]
BTW, I didn't take offense at the original joke but the statement that he wasn't "from" Tennessee. I'm not easily offended but it kind of seems like he's looking at us Southerners as something less than equals. That pisses me off because it's clearly bogus logic. Alabama does play a disproportionate role in call ups as well.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But you're a danm yankee!
View Quote

How can he be a damn yankee--he's from Ohio!

The way it was explained to me when I moved down here is:

The difference between a yankee and a damn yankee is a yankee is a northerner who comes to the south--a damn yankee is one who comes to the south and STAYS.

I'm damn proud to be a damn yankee. [:D]

Don't ya'll know there's nothin north of Tennesse worth a crap! [:D]
View Quote

Aint THAT the truth--preach on brother!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

But you're a danm yankee! Don't ya'll know there's nothin north of Tennesse worth a crap! [:D]
View Quote

I agree. I'm planning on moving south in the next 10 years. I hate the winters. In Ohio It seems we only get 4 good months of weather a year. I want outa here[:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Christ, Automag!  It was a fricking JOKE!  But your original post:

"A hillbilly from TN calling a special forces soldier a redneck.You should move to the Hamptons if you are going to talk like that about your neighbors.you live to close to TIDE COUNTRY to be such a sophisticated ASSHOLE.Yall come back now ya hea."

That was pretty inflammatory - all I did was pass on a joke from an Alabama friend of mine.  I was born and raised in Pensacola, which is part of what we call LA - lower Alabama.  For you to get your fur all out of whack and immediately assume that I am some "Yankee" who is insulting southerners was pretty insulting and off-the-cuff.

Take the joke for what it is, not as some insult.  Lighten up, dude - you'll live longer :)

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You should move to the Hamptons if you are going to talk like that about your neighbors.
View Quote

Why move to Hampton when Elizabethton is so much more cosmopolitan??
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I found the picture of the bubba's SF team that will be sent in [:D]......(L-R)Billy Bob, Bubba, Boo, Scooter..... Cooter couldn't be in the picture, he had to prop up his trailer.

[img]http://www.michiganmilitia.com/wcm_field_report_archives/june2002/rp-angels_unaware.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in Alabama, and I think it is fucking hilarious!!!

Jesus Christ, lighten up!

Balming
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A hillbilly from TN calling a special forces soldier a redneck.You should move to the Hamptons if you are going to talk like that about your neighbors.you live to close to TIDE COUNTRY to be such a sophisticated ASSHOLE.Yall come back now ya hea.
View Quote

great way to introduce yourself to the forums and make friends, by insulting people right off the bat.
you sound like a real cranial hotrod.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I agree. I'm planning on moving south in the next 10 years. I hate the winters. In Ohio It seems we only get 4 good months of weather a year. I want outa here[:D]
View Quote

North of Tennesse??!!  I thought I-10 was the northern border of God's county, and that is WAY south of Tennesse!

Indeed, there are a few folks 'round here that are WAY too sensitive.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I, too, am from Alabama and thought this was pretty funny.  If you can't make fun of yourself, who can you make fun of?[:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
sfcret,,,,

damn dude,,,how`d you know I was jackin up the friggin trailer,,,got stuck under there too,,,

I thought the whole thread is hilarious,,,

and while we are over there,,we`ll roast some hogs,,,taliban repellant ya know,,
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Kentucky?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#22]

[img]http://www.michiganmilitia.com/wcm_field_report_archives/june2002/rp-angels_unaware.jpg[/img]
View Quote

hey, isn't the guy in the front one of the rangemasters from the BRC shoot at PASA park???
you know, the one that drinks gravy shakes?  what is that about a D cup?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I, too, am from Alabama and thought this was pretty funny.
View Quote

Not only was it funny, I took it as a compliment:).
AutoMag, I don't think he literally meant the guys in the 20th SF, but just send some good 'ole boys over there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I do not know the team you mentioned (must live in central AL) but my two brothers and I make up one hell of a 3 man stack I can tell you!  :)
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I really don't see this as any kind of dig on actual special forces.  This is a joke about hillbillies that happen to come from Alabama (come on, are you going to tell me there aren't ANY there?)

Plus, and most importantly, it was damn funny. And BTW, I don't see anything wrong with the listed reasons for going after the Taliban...I mean come on, they don't like beer?  and best of all, NO LIMIT?   Let's go after the Motherf#$#s.

From the ND hillbilly, cause I can take a friggin joke.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really don't see this as any kind of dig on actual special forces.  This is a joke about hillbillies that happen to come from Alabama (come on, are you going to tell me there aren't ANY there?)

Plus, and most importantly, it was damn funny. And BTW, I don't see anything wrong with the listed reasons for going after the Taliban...I mean come on, they don't like beer?  and best of all, NO LIMIT?   Let's go after the Motherf#$#s.

From the ND hillbilly, cause I can take a friggin joke.

Mike
View Quote

You have to have hills in order to have "hillbillies", right?  Guess all the Alabama hillbillies live up toward Birmingham.  No hills here in lower Alabama.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

North of Tennesse??!!  I thought I-10 was the northern border of God's county, and that is WAY south of Tennesse!

View Quote

damn straight
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have at least three family members no more than two hops from me (cousins, nephews, uncles) that are legally named Bubba.

Carry on.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote
My wife's Mothers name is Bubba, God Bless the South.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Helloooooo......

Anybody in there?

It's called a sense of HUMOR.

I would take it as a compliment personally - for chrissakes - the joke is that 5 guys from Alabama could kick the Taliban's ass.

Get it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Helloooooo......

Anybody in there?

It's called a sense of HUMOR.

I would take it as a compliment personally - for chrissakes - the joke is that 5 guys from Alabama could kick the Taliban's ass.

Get it?
View Quote

Shit, man....

A lot of them don't get it.  Stay cool though, things will calm down when school starts again this fall.  The hot weather has a lot of the kiddie's panties in a wad these days.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I think we ALL get it.  However, a lot of us here in Alabama get tired of the redneck/hillbilly stereotype and those that perpetuate it.  Especially those who don't even live here.

USPC40

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:37:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I re-read the original post and as far as I can tell, he didn't call any SF troops redneck ---, he called people from Alabama redneck.

He could have substituted any number of southern states and the joke would still be funny.  Get your panties out of a wad, and stop being such a PC whiner.

Hipower

A redneck "from" SC, now in VA, still a redneck and proud of it!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Geez....and we accuse the Libs of being thin-skinned!

GreyWolf, I thought your post was funny as hell. Don't let these guys get to ya.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think we ALL get it.  However, a lot of us here in Alabama get tired of the redneck/hillbilly stereotype and those that perpetuate it.  Especially those who don't even live here.

USPC40
View Quote

FWIW - I find the terms redneck/hillbilly much more endearing than buckeye/yankee....

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#37]
jeez guys lighten up...

I thought it was hilarious too!!!

proud to be a redneck hillbilly

Slack(in the heart of the OZARKS)O
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I thought it was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Even though some of the bravest in Nam were from the South...I don't see why Ya all would take offence to that but not being told you all in breed.
I say we cleaned them out get our troops out and let them get their government in order by themselves..Or we will be there 10-20 yrs with our fingers up our butts.
Either let us get the job done all the way to Baghdad or get out. It will not be an American that puts a bullet into Bin Boys head but I hope it is.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#40]
[b]red·neck[/b]
n. Offensive Slang
1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.
2. A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
View Quote

I find it to be the same as calling a black person a nigger.

USPC40

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok, all you from Alabama can substitute "Redneck from Alabama" for "Trailertrash from Arizona."  Feel Better?  Geez, lighten up.  I thought it was F***ing hilarious.  Pick a state, there are rednecks there.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A hillbilly from TN calling a special forces soldier a redneck.You should move to the Hamptons if you are going to talk like that about your neighbors.
View Quote

Get a grip people. The post is a JOKE. He's saying 5 guys from Alabama could bitch slap the taliban.

But I'm just an ignorant Yankee from the Hamptons, so what do I know [:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't forget that those Southern Boys from Alabama could probably out-shoot the Special Forces.

The NRA was established because of the dismal marksmanship of Yankee troops in the Civil War.

So a week sounds about right...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don't ya'll know there's nothin north of Tennesse worth a crap! [:D]
View Quote

[rolleyes] Ahem [X]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top