Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2002 10:53:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#1]
ANTS was the screen name, I think it was also his initials.

Let me see...IIRC...his buddy buried two AK's, with ammo, web gear and (commie??) camo. He came back a few weeks(?)(months?) later and found a gravel pit had opened up on that spot and piled there product directly on top of the buried treasure. It was a big mountain of stuff, like you said, 40' deep or so and quarter mile long, many yards wide.

So ANTS goes and askes how long the mountain will be there. 10-15 years is the answer. His buddy moves out of state and tells ANTS he can have the treasure if he ever figures out how to get it.

Low and behold...6 months-9 months later the company digs up it's mountain. IIRC, they dug a little deeper than ground level and missed the stash by 2-4 ft. Good thing it was buried deep to begin with.

Ants goes out...X marks the spot and finds the treasure. Tells his friend about it. Friend would stand by his promise but really would like to have the AK's back as they were new. So ANTS keeps some of the ammo and web gear and containers and sends the rifles to his friend.

One of my favorite stories. It was quite entertaining to follow the story as it unfolded. [:D] I was a dedicated lurker in those days.

[i]edited to add: How come this kind of fun doesn't happen here anymore? In the early days this place was a riot. [:D] [/i]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember the story well, however, I missed the conclusion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top