Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 3:35:45 PM EDT
Dang I got busted. He nailed me.  No question, I was speeding. When I saw his lights I just pulled over knew it was me.  First ticket in 8 years.

He came upto the car and asked me how I was.  I stated fine and that before we proceed he should know I have a ccw and that I am not currently carrying.  ( They are attatched to liscences out here so he would know anyways).  He gave me a look of dissatisfaction (i thought)  when I said that.  He then asked if I was a police officer.  No I answered.  He responded with, people with ccw's worry me.  I get nervous.  I stated that this is exactly why I informed him of my permit.  He then asked, why do you have a ccw?

What was funny was what came out of my mouth.  "Well, I applied for the permit, went through the back ground check and finger printing and since I have a clean record, they issued me one."   The guy looked at me like I had 3 heads.  At this point I realized how I heard the question and how he meant it, I was laughing my ass off in my head).  He stood there for what seemed like an eternity with this puzzled look on his face.  Finally he said, "i'll be right back."

He gave me the ticket and I will pay it.  $82 and 2 pts.  Dang!

If any of you officers pull anyone over, do you ever ask this questino if they state they have a cww?  How the hell is someone supposed to answer that question? What are they looking for? God dang I laughed my ass off for about 10 minutes after I pulled away.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
why?

because 911 doesnt work
cops are never there
even if they are caught, BG's get let out by our sh!tty legal service.

..to name 3
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have said "In case I ever get pulled over by someone masquerading as a cop." [:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Cop:
Why do you have a ccw?
View Quote

Defcon:
Well, I applied for the permit, went through the back ground check and finger printing and since I have a clean record, they issued me one.
View Quote

That is the best answer I've ever heard, bar none, even if it was mistaken. "None of your f-ing business" isn't too bad, but that has a way of pissing off cops.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Had one ask me that once , I must have gotten a strange look on my face because he quickly utter 'Nevermind' . Being a minority with a CCW does throw them for a loop .
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Here in Texas it is required that you give a cop your CHL with your driver's license, if you are stopped.
Most of the cops I know like folks to hand them a CHL. It means you aint a bad guy. Most Texas cops (the rank and file on the street pukes, not the pols.) like folks to carry.
In fact, I believe my having a  CHL has been a factor in getting a break a few times.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm just really impressed you admitted you deserved the ticket. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here in Texas it is required that you give a cop your CHL with your driver's license, if you are stopped.
Most of the cops I know like folks to hand them a CHL. It means you aint a bad guy. Most Texas cops (the rank and file on the street pukes, not the pols.) like folks to carry.
In fact, I believe my having a  CHL has been a factor in getting a break a few times.
View Quote

Well, it's only required if you are carrying.  But I'm sure you knew that.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:10:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:54:48 AM EDT
[#10]
As an Officer in Arizona, I get it quite often. Depending on the situation, if the CCW holder is invovled in a family fight or confrontation I may secure the weapon until im done talking to everyone and then I will give it back. Most CCW dont have a problem with this.

Be aware, no matter where you are, your local cops come from all over the country. I can tell you that guys that I work with from the East Coast may react a little different when it comes to CCW permits.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 1:19:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Got stopped late at night in Nebraska. Usually Nebraska cops are cool so I assume this one must be a transplant. Nebraska has open carry only.

Cop kept asking me why I had a handgun on the dashboard. I repeatedly explained that was because I had to have it out in the open and could not hide it from him.  He kept saying he understood that but kept asking why I had a handgun on the dashboard.  Finally he gave up and I went on my way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are right, in my case, at least. I generally asume that CHL holders are the "good guys" and are better served by a verbal warning and a chat about guns than a ticket. If you have a positive encounter like this, please return the favor and write our Department a nice letter or send an e-mail. I have several in my personnel jacket from CHL holders after positive encounters.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Because Teddy Roosevelt kept a 45 in his bed stand at the White House. Now if the president can't trust all the protection he has around him then how can I trust the protectio I don't have?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Because all of the cops you have ever seen were tied up giving traffic tickets, and you needed protection form the bad guys out there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Got stopped last week doing maybe 72 in a 70(DPS officer said I was doing "seventy something"). My wallet has my CCW on one side and drivers license on the other so they're both seen. Even though I was pissed as hell, I was polite and answered all questions with a smile. He let me go. I don't know if my attitude had anything to do with it, but I've got to believe you are spitting in the wind by being a wise ass.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Have one, because you never saw a cop stop a crime, but you've seen many writing reports about crimes that were completed.

Then ask him why he is collecting taxes (tickets).  [:D]

Ok, probably wouldn't be wise to do the last part.

Remember, if you drive a BMW, you never get out of speeding tickets.  

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He then asked, why do you have a ccw?

View Quote

Because the government wrote laws in violation of the Constitution requiring me to have one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 He then asked, why do you have a ccw?

View Quote

Hmmm.  I'd say you carry concealed for the same reason the cop carries open.  But what do I know.:)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top