Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 12:33:17 PM EDT
Last night as my wife and I were driving up the mountain where we live, we noticed a LOT of sherrif's deputies riding around.  Normally, we're lucky to see one car in a month out where we live.  We were obviously curious as to what happened.  About an hour after we got home, a neighbor called and said that while she and her daughters were down the mountain petting some horses, a deputy approached them and warned them that another deputy had been stabbed by an armed man, and that the man was still at large.  My wife and I went to Threat Con 1 and kept our eyes and ears open.

Well, imagine my surprise when I got online today to check out the story, and this is what I found:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/99400

Kinda sad, but it also makes me a bit angry that everyone in our tight-nit community was on pins and needles, waiting for some armed and dangerous man to try and bust into our homes.  My poor neighbor, with the 2 pre-K daughters and no hubbie was frightened, and now wants me to train her in how to use a firearm as well as help her select one.

Pretty bizarre stuff, eh?  Comments?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
what a loser that deputy is. probably needs psych counselling as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
isnt that what some weekend warriors do?  for example, volenteer firefighters go set stuff on fire so they can get called out and use there pretty little lights.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
``He wanted out of law enforcement. This is the way he thought he could get out gracefully,'' the sheriff said. ``He used extremely poor judgment, but he's a human being just like you are, just like I am. We all make mistakes.
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/boohoo.gif[/img]

Wonder how much jail time the "human being" will get.  I need to use this lame excuse next time Dudley DoRight runs his game on me.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmmm...he wanted out of law enforcement.  So, why not QUIT?!?!?

Sheeeesh.  Stabbing yourself doesn't seem the way to go out with dignity.  He would have had to say, "Yeah, I just can't handle it anymore...I'm not good enough.  I was stupid enough to let him get close to me to stab me, instead of just shooting his @$$.  I'll have to quit."

If you can't take the job anymore, QUIT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a question and some comments outside the scope of the article. Anyone else notice the poor construction of that article?
I have seen 12 year-olds who have better writing style and paragraph construction than the article's author. I had to read it twice to understand some parts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sitting here looking out my window across the lake at Blount Co. right now, trying to see any action.

Nope. None.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Wondered where all the cops were last night... I usually see 8 or 9 on my way back down Alcoa Hwy from the bar I frequent on the strip (3am...)

Didn't see a single one last night...

Jonathan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top