Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2012 12:50:53 PM EDT
Anybody actually tried both of these?  Did you think one was superior to the other in terms of design and fit?  

Which did you like better?

Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
been rocking my crossbreed for 2-3 years now, it's amazing

never tried the milt, once i bought the crossbreed i never wanted own another CCW holster in my life
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe and never had the opportunity/desire to look at another concealed carry holster.  It's THAT good.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
crosbreed
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
While you didn't specifically mention it, check out the Comp-Tac Minotaur's as well.  It's an awesome platform.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
IMHO, you will not find a more comfortable or better made iwb holster made than the versa max and I have owned all of the above.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I was the 1st person to return a crossbreed supertuck according to the person on the phone I talked to when returning it.  It was not nearly as comfortable as my VMII and didn't secure my p239 as well.

That being said I pocket carry a DB9 now.  I wouldn't dream of going back to IWB.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
this is like comparing apples to dicks

leather holsters are superior in terms of comfort. there's no way around that.

there's nothing wrong with hybrids though and i'm happy with an mtac (kind of like the crossbreed)

the only disadvantage i see with a leather holster is where the top folds in from wear and has the possibility of engaging the trigger on a reholster, but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to allow that to happen.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 3 VM2's and 2 Supertucks.  Personally, they are pretty equal in every respect.  I can't think of anything that either of them does better than the other.

That being said, I prefer the Sparks Watch-6 over both of them.  Thinner and more comfortable.  Harder to holster one-handed, but that's a meaningless trait for me.  I put my pistol in the holster before I wear it in the morning and I only remove it when I take it off at night.  The only reason I'd ever remove the pistol otherwise would be to shoot something or someone and I think of any realistic reason why I wouldn't be able to use my other hand to help reholster the gun afterward.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had both.

My Milt Sparks VM2 is strapped to my ass right now.

Minotaur has a great return policy. Ask me how I know.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
crosbreed

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Galco King Tuk.  It's hard to tell them apart and I really don't see the need for anything else.

I like the looks of that Milt Sparks holster though.  Might have to add that one to my holster cemetery.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a Milt Sparks VM2, and I really like it.  Haven't tried the Crossbreed, and have no intention of trying it.  

I have 2 or 3 of them and agree with your intentions or lack thereof
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bought a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe and never had the opportunity/desire to look at another concealed carry holster.  It's THAT good.

what he said. i love mine and customer support that is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was the 1st person to return a crossbreed supertuck according to the person on the phone I talked to when returning it.  It was not nearly as comfortable as my VMII and didn't secure my p239 as well.

That being said I pocket carry a DB9 now.  I wouldn't dream of going back to IWB.

same here. I carry in a pocket rig almost exclusively ( kahr PM9 or a G26/G27 ).
I only use an IWB because I have them, and I want to keep comfortable with it ( G19 or a 1911).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top