Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2012 11:35:02 AM EDT
Ran around Georgia half naked this morning and even told the police he was going to eat them.  Also gave shout outs to biggie and tupac.

A terrifying 'zombie cannibal' is thought to have been high on bath salts when he attacked police officers with super human strength and threatened to eat them.

Frightened golfers at a driving range in Alpharetta, Georgia, called the cops when 21-year-old Karl Laventure went on a hysterical rampage running around half-naked waving a golf club, reported WSBTV.com.

Video footage shows the crazed man being held down by several officers as he screams incoherently about God, Biggie and Tupac, and then threatens, "I'll eat you! Don't make me eat you."

PHOTOS: Stars Who OD'd

The rant is eerily similar to the notorious case of Rudy Eugene, who ate the face off a homeless man in Miami, Florida in May, while growling at the authorities when they tried to restrain him. It was strongly suspected that the 31-year-old was on bath salts, however, the Medical Examiner's office recently revealed that only marijuana was found in his system at the time of the attack.

PHOTOS: Stars Who Died In Bizarre Ways

During the latest incident, Laventure "came running at us out of the woodline," Officer Ross Hancock of the Gwinnett County Police Department told WSBTV, and when his partner blasted him with painful pepper spray. "He didn't even wipe his eyes, he just kept them open."

The lack of response called Hancock to pull out his Taser, and although Laventure initially went down, he hopped right back up again.  "We had to Tase him approximately five more times on scene to get him down. It took several officers to hold him down to get him cuffed," revealed the officer.
"He was still talking gibberish, still cussing, still saying he wanted to eat us, eat other people."

The possessed man was restrained long enough to get him to the hospital in an ambulance, but when there the insanity started again and he had to be Tasered another 14 times. He was charged with misdemeanor offenses of disorderly conduct and obstruction.

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Died Young

"I've never had to encounter somebody who acted like this before, so there's no telling what they may do when they are high on this drug," explained Hancock.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the Drug Enforcement Agency is attempting to control the wave of dangerous synthetic drugs that go by a number of names including bath salts, K2, Spice, Ivory Wave, Vanilla Sky, Bliss, and Purple Rain.
"The chemicals that have been made temporarily illegal and designated Schedule 1 controlled substances are mephedron, methylone and MDPV - but they are the ingredients, not the products themselves," DEA spokesperson Barbara Carreno, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"The challenge with synthetic drugs is that any good chemist can tweak their molecular structure and formula and you have a new product, which isn't illegal," she explained. "It is hard for the law to keep up with them."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/bath-salts-man-georgia-threatens-eat-cops
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
So... they just assumed bath salts were responsible?

Have bath salts (as vile as they are) actually been tied to any of these "zombie" cases yet?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Bathsaltn' like a boss
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Excited deliruim, coming to a neighborhood near you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have bath salts (as vile as they are) actually been tied to any of these "zombie" cases yet?

The Miami one is a big definite quite possible on that.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
45 acp...no zombie so far has been immune
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Why even try to detain these people?  Attempted cannibalism should be met with deadly force.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Had one a couple months ago. OC, TASER, nothing PR24 nothing, 12 gauge beanbag x 3 yeah that did the trick.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#9]
ALL Zacks are immune to OC and only slightly susceptible to Taser. Sever the head or destroy the brain. Everybody knows this.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
TASERED  20 TIMES ! HE`S  LIKE A STORAGE  BATTERY NOW.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I often use this as my IM status at work: "Always practice headshots.  They work equally well for both the living *and* the undead!"
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

High velocity lead poisoning seems to work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

High velocity lead poisoning seems to work.

It's amazing what peeling the top of somebody's skull off can do to take the fight right out of him.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Had one a couple months ago. OC, TASER, nothing PR24 nothing, 12 gauge beanbag x 3 yeah that did the trick.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wrap that dude up in some copper wire, and he'd be a field expedient Magneto!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Homie Mophie Juicepack

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
bath salts are the new weed... ya know... folks thinking they can fly... killing their family with an axe...

if i hadnt heard it all before... i might believe it
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#18]
too bad he wasn't shot in the head.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
bath salts are the new weed... ya know... folks thinking they can fly... killing their family with an axe...

Go hang out with someone that smokes spice regularly and get back to me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]
My best friend is a neurologist. He has someone come into the ER 24 hours after smoking bath salts. She was cognitively ok, but was mumbling her words and couldn't talk normally. They did a battery of tests and they came out normal. She asked if she was going to be like that forever or get better. He had to tell her there is no way of knowing what's in it and there is no way to determine if she will get better.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I live near where this happened and saw it on the news. When the guy came down off of his high in the hospital and became somewhat normal again he told officers that he had smoked a joint laced with bath salts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD87o0fvdaA
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#22]
We recently had ketamine added to our protocols for just such an occasion.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

QFT.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go hang out with someone that smokes spice regularly and get back to me.

Spice, "bath salts", and weed are entirely different. The point is that it's pretty hard to buy any of the bullshit the MSM and the state try to push in regards to drugs because the only thing they do with any consistency is sensationalize and lie.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Damnit, the infestestion is getting closer. . .

time to start carrying the tactical fanny pack.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live near where this happened and saw it on the news. When the guy came down off of his high in the hospital and became somewhat normal again he told officers that he had smoked a joint laced with bath salts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD87o0fvdaA

Good thing he didn't eat the driving range owner. He'd have just been hungry again twenty minutes later anyway.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

None that I've seen.  The first face-eater's autopsy only showed marijuana.  

Now it's spreading from Florida to Georgia. WTF is going on with all of this?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#29]
The end is near
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Dont forget the one that happened in china yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]
look at them trying to give that weed a bad name.

i don't even partake in that stuff but have friends that do.

same friends also drink heavily.

i like being around them more when they are high than when they are drunk. 2 different worlds.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Anyone try the one with the other yet?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Never threaten to eat officers that have superhuman strength. It rarely works.

I did what you see there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

ALL Zacks are immune to OC and only slightly susceptible to Taser. Sever the head or destroy the brain. Everybody knows this.

are you sure?

the head may continue to eat

might sprout legs and attack

only way to kill it,  drop it in a vat of molten metal

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#35]
The challenge with synthetic drugs is that any good chemist can tweak their molecular structure and formula and you have a new product, which isn't illegal," she explained. "It is hard for the law to keep up with them.

LOL, because making drugs illegal makes people abstain from using them. OHH if only bath salts were illegal THEN we could put them in jail and charge the taxpayer for their incarceration. That would really solve this problem.  You know what? we should call it a "war against drugs" that would REALLY get the kids behind it!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rant is eerily similar to the notorious case of Rudy Eugene, who ate the face off a homeless man in Miami, Florida in May, while growling at the authorities when they tried to restrain him. It was strongly suspected that the 31-year-old was on bath salts, however, the Medical Examiner's office recently revealed that only marijuana was found in his system at the time of the attack.

Reading comprehension, how does it work?  
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone try the one with the other yet?

On other amphetamines, but not on bath salts yet that I know of.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did the notorious Eugene rant like crazy before the face eating?

Yeah but his family and friends say he did bath salts like a fiend. Just not that time.

The crazy had already set in like with the Jacob Creutzfeldt disease.

Unless you are suggesting mary jane makes 'em into zombies now? Potency nowadays is like the wow!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was thinking 12 gauge head shot.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but his family and friends say he did bath salts like a fiend. Just not that time.

Unless you are suggesting mary jane makes 'em into zombies now? Potency nowadays is like the wow!!!!!

Spice is synthetic cannabis and my understanding is it's metabolites are similar to THC.

Seeing as Spice is marketed and sold in much the same way as bath salts, it is entirely plausible that is what he was on.

Chronic use of Spice can cause psychosis especially in those with an underlying disorder or family history of such.

If it was actually real MJ dude was on, he had the worst known case of the munchies.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spice is synthetic cannabis and my understanding is it's metabolites are similar to THC.
Seeing as Spice is marketed and sold in much the same way as bath salts, it is entirely plausible that is what he was on.
Chronic use of Spice can cause psychosis especially in those with an underlying disorder or family history of such.
If it was actually real MJ dude was on, he had the worst known case of the munchies.

So they are just lacing it like they did back in the day? Used to use embalming fluid to dip joints and called it 'green'. Same type of crazy supposedly.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So they are just lacing it like they did back in the day? Used to use embalming fluid to dip joints and called it 'green'. Same type of crazy supposedly.

My belief is, yes he smoked MJ laced with bath salts.

I was just pointing out that Spice or any of the JWH-*** or similar synthetic cannabinoids will have the same metabolites in the urine as good old MJ but they do not have the same effects.

Erowid.org has decent links to good info if you are interested.  Read the user experiences, it's like the Darwin awards for drug use.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#43]
If obama had a son - had to be said

as for the zombie assfuck headshot headshot headshot
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#44]
The guy he was smokin with

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

exactly what I was thinking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top