Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:21:50 PM EDT
In Jackson, Wy.

At first I was like

But then I realized, screw it. I'm going to read the Declaration of Independence in the morning and reflect on it, carry my pistol as a free man without a permit, go to work to earn my living, and remind myself I'm one of the lucky ones to be a citizen of the United States of America.

America

Fuck yeah
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Why did they cancel?  They only do that here if the 4th lands on Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it real dry out there?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Maybe because most of the western United States is on fire.

eta Except for California.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In Jackson, Wy.

At first I was like

But then I realized, screw it. I'm going to read the Declaration of Independence in the morning and reflect on it, carry my pistol as a free man without a permit, go to work to earn my living, and remind myself I'm one of the lucky ones to be a citizen of the United States of America.

America

Fuck yeah

You are my type of AMERICAN.....LIVE IT, LOVE IT, BE IT.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fire danger too high in the area. I believe we have our firefighters in other areas and there's not enough manpower to make sure everything stays safe.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad more don't do this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's burn down the whole Goddamn state and kill 9,000 people, to include elderly WW2 vets on walkers who can't escape the flames to keep up tradition.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, they canceled our town's display today too. We have two fires in our county, one 82,000 acres, the other almost 9,000 and it will be upgraded to a Type 1 incident in the morning. Love brushing the ash off my truck every morning, but I am lucky, there are scores of evacuees just down the road at the fairgrounds.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Here if its not raining its threatening rain. Been like that since last summer.

Indians sell the good stuff around here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Too bad more don't do this.

Cancel fireworks?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]
We've had about 0.2 in of rain here since the last week in May.   90 degree temps with a lot of sunshine for weeks on end have turned grassy fields into a tinder boxes.  Many communities have postponed their fireworks displays for safety reasons.  The fields of corn around here are curling up.  It's not good.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Everything has been cancelled for the 4th... many shows... fire danger.

Quoted:

Why would they cancel it on a Sunday???
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]
As of right now, they're still on in Casper.  Heard they shut down Jackson, Douglas, Gillette and Laramie.  It sucks, but it's probably a good idea.

And for the guy that asked, yeah, it's really that dry out here.  As of right now they're asking people not to smoke a cigarette outdoors unless you're standing still in an area where there is no brush within 3' of you.  It is illegal to have any sort of fire, even in a fire pit or ring.  

They're not screwing around right now.  There are so many fires that I don't think they feel they can fight one more.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Our local fireworks shows were canceled.  We got some brief showers tonight but it wasn't nearly enough.  We are in a severe drought here.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Communists.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Everything has been cancelled for the 4th... many shows... fire danger.

Quoted:

Why would they cancel it on a Sunday???

Well.....THEE guy who sponsors the fireworks(Melleluca) is Mormon, and needs to uphold the desires of THE CHURCH. Of course if the city needs more revenue then they will reverse BOOZE sold on Sunday.  The will of the people  Actually  and to be fair,They will hold the  4th on a Saturday or a Monday. I mean....whatever is Right.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear san fransisco is flaming.....

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear about all the cancelled fireworks shows, but that is a sad fact, but that is reality, better safe than sorry. I've seen +100' flames in the San Gabriel Valley Mtns(5 miles east of Los Angeles) from my front porch, they are awesome, but very scary.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Our local fireworks shows were canceled.  We got some brief showers tonight but it wasn't nearly enough.  We are in a severe drought here.  

What part of MO?  If you're not too far from St. Louis you can come watch ours.  They launch the fireworks from a barge in the middle of the Mississippi River, so even though we're in the same drought we can safely enjoy the show.  Plus, the reflections off the river really add to the show.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm from Michigan and they just ordered MORE fireworks because we're super patriots.  Sucks to be you.

concrete don't burn
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear san fransisco is flaming.....

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Canceled the big fireworks shows here too. Also banned any use of fireworks in the town. To dry, gonna be decent wind too. Optimal conditions for a fire.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 2:55:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:16:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe it's because they figure freedom died in America on Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:28:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Lusk still has them, although the entire world is burning around us.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:59:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Same is likely to happen here too, according to sheriff's office when the wife called the other day.She wasn't real happy, as the 4th is her favorite holiday. Pretty understandable though, given the conditions here, and all the fires already burning.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#31]
No fireworks here in central Wisconsin. I haven't herd one firecracker and it usually sounds like a shoot out at dusk the whole first week of July each year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top