Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 7:44:48 PM EDT
I live in what I believe is a relativly upscale neighborhood (read: I don't think crime is a big player).

It's hot in AZ now so when I go to bed lately, including last night, I leave the big sliding glass door to my back yard open with the sliding screen door closed for air flow.

When I went to work this morning I closed and locked the porch glass sliding door, the screen door was closed as it was when I went to bed.

When I got home tonight and opened up the house for air I got a surprise, when I opened the rear porch door... The screen door was wide open...

I have no neighbors that would come over and open my rear screen door for any reason, so WTF I have no clue except that someone wanted in!

I don't have a gun safe so all of my babies (rifles-pistols) reside in my house unprotected.

Normally all the rest of my windows are closed - but not locked.

Starting tomorrow I'll be locking everything when I leave the house.

Maybe I'm just being an alarmist right now, but when things at my house aren't the way I left them I start getting that condition orange feeling......

Later-

TB

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What part AZ are you in that you are able to still sleep with the windows open.

I am in the Northwest part of Phoenix and we are lucky if it gets DOWN to 90 [shock]

I have a hard time trying to get my pool down the 90.

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
FT1 -

I'm in Prescott.
A bit cooler here than where you are.
Even now it's still drops to the 60's at night.
I'm researching floor buster's (gun safes) right now...

TB
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]
AZ SKY:
i don't think that it is agood idea to leave windows or doors unlocked at any time, especially when sleeping. one wakes up stupid for a brief time. i live in the northern area gets cool at knight but run the A/C all day. you would be advised weeeellll to rethink the crime area thought it's all over even in the best neighborhoods. have Shepard doing duth also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in Phoenix, same house for 12 years, also what I would consider "a relativly upscale neighborhood".About 10 years ago some POS got in my back patio door and made himself welcome to take ALL of my guns, knives,stereo equipment, EVEN my cigarettes and lighter. The only thing I got back was the Zippo!(they found it in someones back yard!
Take my advice (FWIW) lock up yer place,crime is out of hand!
AB
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't have a safe, and you don't lock your doors and windows? What planet are you on?

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FT1 -

I'm in Prescott.
A bit cooler here than where you are.
Even now it's still drops to the 60's at night.
I'm researching floor buster's (gun safes) right now...

TB
View Quote

Yes, the weather is far cooler up there this time of year.

The safe is a great idea.

I tell my friends that a safe should be their third gun purchase.

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in the NW valley area . Have for 23 years. We have ALWAYS have had crime in Phoenix. I have had problems with creeps breaking in , stealing anything that wasn't bolted down . Seems I have a problem every 4years. Although my son's truck was broken into at I 17 & Peoria 2 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon ! Then some bastard tried to steal my F250 Super Duty at work at 10 PM last Thursday. That's the price you pay for living in a large shithole like Phoenix metro .As soon as I can retire , I'm the hell out of here ! Will live in Prescott Az. At least I'll use less ammo there !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top