Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2012 6:57:24 PM EDT
Believe it or not, there are a few issues in the country other than medical expenses.  

I don't care anymore about Obamacare.  We're stuck with it... at least thru 2012 anyway.  
Americans voted for this "change" back in 2008.  And now we're sure as hell going to get it.  

All the problems we have in this country, and all these damn politicians want to talk about is how we should spend our money on medical bills.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
There's an issue bigger than unlimited federal power?
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, like truffles from China.

Gotta love 60 minutes!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm beyond the point where I worry about the abuse of authority. The abuse is clear and present.
Anymore I am just preparing for the day when the abuse presents a direct threat to me and my family.

Our forefathers weep undoubtedly.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You pick your battles.  I'll pick mine.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Uh, well it's pretty important.

You might should get used to it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I am just trying to see in the future to see what side of the fence I am going to end up on..

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Believe it or not, there are a few issues in the country other than medical expenses.  

I don't care anymore about Obamacare.  We're stuck with it... at least thru 2012 anyway.  
Americans voted for this "change" back in 2008.  And now we're sure as hell going to get it.  

All the problems we have in this country, and all these damn politicians want to talk about is how we should spend our money on medical bills.

Why must you make Sean Hannity cry?  He needs the Obamacare issue to demagogue more ratings.  Don't quit on him now, man.    

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
If you think you're sick of Obamacare now, you're in for a huge smack in face when it goes into full effect.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I would avoid getting sick under Obamacare.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Product of a soundbite generation.  Shit gets boring after 30 seconds, yo.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Biggest tax increase ever.

There's an additional 0.9% on every pay check just to start out with.

That's all part of the CHANGE that American voters approved in 2008.  
I don't like it any more than you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:03:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all part of the CHANGE that American voters approved in 2008.  
I don't like it any more than you.

If we don't talk about it people like Gods Hammer will win because alot of people will forget about this draconian commie statute until it is too late.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

this

I'm sick of hearing;  abortion, gay marriage, gays/women in. mil, racist, hate crimes, Zimmerman, syg, etc

Obama are is one of the few actual issues that NEEDS to be the opening line of any political debate.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:17:16 AM EDT
[#16]
The more I learn about Obamacare the more scary it is.  I hope more states get on board and refuse to implement it.  I understand that is an option for the states.
I think people are going to be for a shock.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

I'm sick of hearing;  abortion, gay marriage, gays/women in. mil, racist, hate crimes, Zimmerman, syg, etc

Obama are is one of the few actual issues that NEEDS to be the opening line of any political debate.

I'm sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth
I've had enough of reading things
By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth

No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of Slick Willy
Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope
Money for dope
Money for rope

wooohooohoo hoo.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Obamacare gives the federal government control of our bodies.  They own us now. We are slaves. If you don't thnk that's the most important political issue we've faced in our lifetimes then I can't help you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#19]
By you submitting your post is telling us that you are still quite bothered by it. The liberals,leftist commie bastards didnt bury there heads in the sand when this land was ruled by conservatives.

We as conservatives need to be in the know at all times. We should be be thorn in the sides of all these liberals to win back what we lost.

Just giving up and quitting isnt the answer.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:29:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Here is the Truth. The koksukker politicians that voted for this bill have their own Elite taxpayer funded Heath care. They are not even effected by commie-care. This burns my ass to no end.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am just trying to see in the future to see what side of the fence I am going to end up on..

http://pictures.polandforall.com/images/auschwitz-camp-fences-guard-towers.jpg

Hell I'm figuring I'll be under the grass in a unmarked mass grave when the time comes
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#22]
uh oh something i dont like

better bitch about it on the internet and not do shit irl
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, having burnt myself out at a previous job fighting with AetnaAE over my diabetes NOT being a 'prior condition' I am pretty damned happy to not have to go through that ever again.

Oh yeah, and potentially being able to take my kiddo off of my insurance will save me more money as well.  

Maximum out of pocket is not a bad thing either.

Hasn't everyone gotten used to the level of control the government has over us due to the 'DO SOMETHING!' legislation called US PATRIOT Act?  How is ACA more over-reaching than that craptastic infringement of our collective and individual civil liberties?  Why hasn't any of our 'representatives' overturned that turd?  Oh yeah, healthy poor folks is a horrible thing, I forgot.

Hey, don't like it?  You could always move to Canada or Costa Rica.  Oh wait, they have universal healthcare in both places...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, having burnt myself out at a previous job fighting with AetnaAE over my diabetes NOT being a 'prior condition' I am pretty damned happy to not have to go through that ever again.

Oh yeah, and potentially being able to take my kiddo off of my insurance will save me more money as well.  

Hasn't everyone gotten used to the level of control the government has over us due to the 'DO SOMETHING!' legislation called US PATRIOT Act?  How is ACA more over-reaching than that craptastic infringement of our collective and individual civil liberties?  Why hasn't any of our 'representatives' overturned that turd?  Oh yeah, healthy poor folks is a horrible thing, I forgot.

Hey, don't like it?  You could always move to Canada or Costa Rica.  Oh wait, they have universal healthcare in both places...

I agree with you on the Patriot Act, but you do realize that adding millions of new patients to the healthcare system while not increasing the amount of doctors, will lower healthcare quality for everyone in the country?

You claim to be smart in your sig-line, so....
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:20:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Obama-Care is the absolute worst law ever enacted in the USA!

If Obama-Care is not repealed it will be the turning point in the downfall of the USA as we know it. All private health insurance company's will go out of business within 5 years with Obama-Care. That one act will ultimately cost more than all other federal spending combined within 5 years!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because your diabetes has become everyones problem. The goverment has no business in getting you to see a doctor, it is supposed to be your responsibility alone.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No, and I NEVER will.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you on the Patriot Act, but you do realize that adding millions of new patients to the healthcare system while not increasing the amount of doctors, will lower healthcare quality for everyone in the country?

You do realize that these same "millions" are already part of the healthcare system, they're not being "added" to it.    

Additionally, you do realize that there won't be a shortage of doctors in the future, quite the contrary actually.  Sure there will be fewer white/anglo doctors that speak perfect English, but there are a ton of foreign med students, namely Indian/Asian, that are filling the ranks as I type this.  They don't have a problem working in such a system.  The only problem I guess would be with people who don't want to be seen by a doctor whose pigmentation isn't their chosen preference.

"You claim to be smart..."
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#29]
If you think you're sick now, just wait until you have to depend on it for your medical care!

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because this will "help" you it's ok? This will hurt more people than it will help, including reducing quality care. Shit it's already hard enough to fine a family doctor, most in my area have no opening because they already have too many patients. Don't worry though, it benefits you so nothing else matters
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize that these same "millions" are already part of the healthcare system, they're not being "added" to it.    

Additionally, you do realize that there won't be a shortage of doctors in the future, quite the contrary actually.  Sure there will be fewer white/anglo doctors that speak perfect English, but there are a ton of foreign med students, namely Indian/Asian, that are filling the ranks as I type this.  They don't have a problem working in such a system.  The only problem I guess would be with people who don't want to be seen by a doctor whose pigmentation isn't their chosen preference.

"You claim to be smart..." ww.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]

yeah because he said he only prefers white doctors

Although I agree some provisions of the law are nice, the mandate really bothers me and that seems to be the biggest problem.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#32]
This fight isn't about health care, and it isn't a small problem. This is the ultimate bait-and-switch, where you thought you were getting stuff you wanted (health insurance niceties that don't work in the free market), but what you actually got was a giant shit sandwich (an amazing advancement of federal power that will not improve the healthcare system). The other problems we face are miniscule compared to this. If the government can compel behavior on this level with no pushback from the citizenry, we are lost. Period.

In two years, you are not allowed to complain about the ridiculous tax increases you'll experience.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, you turn this into a racism thread.  You're definitely a liberal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I hit a little too close for comfort, eh?  

Listen sweetheart, the fact is that there won't be a dearth of doctors in this country in the future.  They just won't be white doctors, which doesn't bother me but certainly bothers some people.  If you take issue with this fact of reality then that says volumes about your psyche.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Listen sweetheart, the fact is that there won't be a dearth of doctors in this country in the future.  They just won't be white doctors, which doesn't bother me but certainly bothers some people.  If you take issue with this fact of reality then that says volumes about your psyche.  

How in the heck did you morph this into a white vs non-white medical profession argument!!??

There all sorts of non-white doctors who are worried about Obamacare.

WTF does race have to do with this issue is TOTALLY beyond me.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm beyond the point where I worry about the abuse of authority. The abuse is clear and present.
Anymore I am just preparing for the day when the abuse presents a direct threat to me and my family.

Our forefathers weep undoubtedly.

This
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Don't worry, nobody will talk about it and it will be eased into your everyday life so subtly that you won't notice or feel the need to talk about it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How in the heck did you morph this into a white vs non-white medical profession argument!!??

There are?  Guess Hannity didn't get the memo.  So far all I've seen are scripted anglo hand puppets, go figure.  

And this didn't become a racial thread, nice try though.  The person I quoted made the erroneous statement that there will be a dearth of doctors in the future here in America.  I countered with the fact that there will only be a dearth of white doctors, not doctors in general.  The racial element is simply a fact of this point, period.  If you, or others here, don't like it then perhaps that says something about your mindset.      

Facts of reality –– how do they work blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Don't worry, nobody will talk about it and it will be eased into your everyday life so subtly that you won't notice or feel the need to talk about it.
lc

Just like the war in Afghanistan.  And high gas prices.  And a high unemployment rate.  And shipping jobs to other countries...
But no one wants to talk about that stuff...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My doctor before I moved to TN was Indian.  It didn't even cross my mind what race he was.

The fact that race is so important to you, really speaks to who the true racist here is.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, not adding patients just healthcare insurance customers.  Many of the folks that are over-burdoning our emergency rooms will be able to see doctors and save those of us with insurance money.  I'm pretty sure that there are still more doctors graduating from their residency every six months or so, they are already the ones treating these 'new' customers.

I do feel bad for the small business owners that don't already offer insurance to their workers, but few of them are paying their workers so much that the employees won't be able to get coverage from Medicare.  Now to get the damned drug companies to stop over-charging the government and get the medicare medicine costs under controll...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If Obama-Care is not repealed it will be the turning point in the downfall of the USA as we know it. All private health insurance company's will go out of business within 5 years with Obama-Care. That one act will ultimately cost more than all other federal spending combined within 5 years!

I for one won't miss the craptastic customer service provided by the small insurance companies.  If they can't figure out how to work within the new insurance welfare that the ACA sets up, screw 'em.  They will get free penetration into a group they did not have access to before, the currently uninsured.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are?  Guess Hannity didn't get the memo.  So far all I've seen are scripted anglo hand puppets, go figure.  

And this didn't become a racial thread, nice try though.  The person I quoted made the erroneous statement that there will be a dearth of doctors in the future here in America.  I countered with the fact that there will only be a dearth of white doctors, not doctors in general.  The racial element is simply a fact of this point, period.  If you, or others here, don't like it then perhaps that says something about your mindset.      

You are so out in leftfield that Babe Ruth couldn't reach you with a flyball.

I simply have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

As to your ridiculous racial comments:

"Physicians believe the Act will reduce the quality of care (78.7%), and say it is the single factor that has made them more pessimistic a bout the future of medicine (74.8%)."

I guess that poll, as well as others, only included white doctors.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Poll-DoctorsSayObamacareHurtsMedicalCare/2011/11/05/id/416979

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2011/12/26/doctors-say-obamacare-is-no-remedy-for-u-s-health-woes/

http://healthblog.ncpa.org/doctor-poll-69-pessimistic-about-future-of-medicine-under-obamacare/

"Facts of reality, how does that work...........blah, blah, blah".

I am afraid to say you must be a liberal because your knowledge and thinking ability point in that direction.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, not adding patients just healthcare insurance customers.  Many of the folks that are over-burdoning our emergency rooms will be able to see doctors and save those of us with insurance money.  I'm pretty sure that there are still more doctors graduating from their residency every six months or so, they are already the ones treating these 'new' customers.

I do feel bad for the small business owners that don't already offer insurance to their workers, but few of them are paying their workers so much that the employees won't be able to get coverage from Medicare.  Now to get the damned drug companies to stop over-charging the government and get the medicare medicine costs under controll...

Exactly.  As for small business owners, well health insurance shouldn't be tied to employment anyway, but that's a larger argument.  

Oh –– and there's more than just drug companies over charging, the whole system is fucked with ridiculous money grubbing bullshit from insurance companies that are nothing but stock fund managers to health care corporations that are nothing but stock fund managers, etc. etc.  

The system is hardly free market based and anyone who says otherwise is talking out of the business end of a crack pipe.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Exactly.  As for small business owners, well health insurance shouldn't be tied to employment anyway, but that's a larger argument.  

Oh –– and there's more than just drug companies over charging, the whole system is fucked with ridiculous money grubbing bullshit from insurance companies that are nothing but stock fund managers to health care corporations that are nothing but stock fund managers, etc. etc.  

The system is hardly free market based and anyone who says otherwise is talking out of the business end of a crack pipe.

Now some of this I can agree with.  You make some good points.

But, PLEASE, drop your white vs. non-white arguments.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Are you referring to the 0.9% surtax on families making more than $250,000?

Honestly, I dont think Obamacare will have much impact on middle class families making $75,000 per year.  

Families making $250,000+ are going to take a hit.  That's part of the change voters approved, I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I for one won't miss the craptastic customer service provided by the small insurance companies.  If they can't figure out how to work within the new insurance welfare that the ACA sets up, screw 'em.  They will get free penetration into a group they did not have access to before, the currently uninsured.

You have never seen the goverment operate then.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are so out in leftfield that Babe Ruth couldn't reach you with a flyball.

I simply have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

As to your ridiculous racial comments:

"Physicians believe the Act will reduce the quality of care (78.7%), and say it is the single factor that has made them more pessimistic a bout the future of medicine (74.8%)."

I guess that poll, as well as others, only included white doctors.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Poll-DoctorsSayObamacareHurtsMedicalCare/2011/11/05/id/416979

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2011/12/26/doctors-say-obamacare-is-no-remedy-for-u-s-health-woes/

http://healthblog.ncpa.org/doctor-poll-69-pessimistic-about-future-of-medicine-under-obamacare/

"Facts of reality, how does that work...........blah, blah, blah".

I am afraid to say you must be a liberal because your knowledge and thinking ability point in that direction.

Aw, look at you with the cleverly disguised ad hominem.  Kudos!  That took effort on your part.

As for the rest of what you blathered about, I'm still searching to find your point.  So there are a handful of doctors of color who oppose Obamacare.  No kidding.  There are also Republicans of color too.  None of that has anything to do with the fact that a wave of minority doctors is going to fill the ranks that the white doctors vacate in the future, and they will do so happily as they want to work in America.

Again, here's my point (which you are doing your level best to evade dealing with) –– It's a fact that there will be more "minority" doctors in the future in this country.  You guys are squawking and squawking that we're going to lose a shitload of docs under Obamacare when in reality there is no dearth of med students who, being foreign and seeking a better life, are more than happy with working under the coming healthcare system.  There won't be a shortage, that's the point I was making.  The racial component is merely a fact of that equation, pure and simple.  

As for being a liberal, funny, you are the one who is using the mental evasion that so often defines Leftist thinking.  Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Change your fucking avatar, idiot!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#50]
There are a lot of Socialists in this thread.

We don't need government solutions to free market problems.

You cannot expect insurance companies to survive if forced to cover preexisting conditions. That would be like a company having to insure a burning house. Insurance companies have to be able to pay out less than they take in to remain viable.

Drugs are expensive to cover their r&d. The government makes a lot of money in fees from pharma companies. They should only get a discount for buying in bulk.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top