Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 10:19:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Most Pentium II motherboards will support a Pentium III That being said a nice PIII 700 - 1000 can be had for about $75 - $150 on eBay.  You have plenty of RAM and the Video card should also work.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The original PIII's were Slot 1.

I think the game will play good enough on your current system though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Search for my previous post on OFP Resistance. As fast as new topics pop up in the general forum its likely back to page 12 by now.

Operation Flashpoint Res. offers a better island then previous ones.

Hanguns includ

Tokarev (should have been Makorov)
CZ-75 erred to 14rds
B92f erred to 10rds
Glock 17 erred to 14rds
Skorpion correct

Rifles
FN FAL erred to 5.56 wound performance
HK G3 erred to 5.56 wound performance
UZISD right on!!

Of these only the Uzi is selectable for the Editor. bummer is you have to script into the init feild of you want to play with the Fal[:(]

Most downladed weapon using the P3d format or buggy with OFP:Resistance

All Taiwan workshop weapons have permanent muzzle flashes. These include:
SAW M249 and variants
240MAG MG
M14 (type 57?)
QBZ-95
These are the best looking examples of these weapons in OFP.

Lost Brothers HK weapon pack work correctly
Lost Brothers FAMAS pack have permanent muzzle flashes

M4 pack is buggy with permanent muzzle flashes. forgot who made it, but encludes every variant of M4 know to man. Beta-C mags too.

All add-ons and downloads will NOT CAUSE FADE!! I have practically every half-way decent add-on for OFP with no evidence of loss of accuracy or fade. FADE produces symptoms of weapon inaccuracy first before bumping you out.

Problem that should have been addressed on 1.75 OFP:Resistance

Tanks are pratically impossible to stop if going down even a slight slope. Surely a tank could brake and not bounce down a hill!!

Can not issue fire command while spotting enemy units

Pistols and Rifles have Tracers. Only MG's, night officers and Crew weapon should have tracers.

7.62 NATO is treated too weak, while HK G36 is more potent and is only a 5.56mm

AI paths are still not tweaked. They will run in front of you while you are firing. Sometime will even refuse to get in a vehicle for no apparent reason.

Tank formation are still to close together with no way of having them spread farther apart.

Helicopeters still bump into each other while in formation. Nor will the leader slow down for you to catchup.

Smaller vehicles bounce from rifle fire. This was fixed in a previous patch, but is back again.

Loading times for Tanks take tooooooooooooooooooooo long. I use MAF's tanks which seem more accurate.

Sometime when i occupy an abanded tank, my own AT soldier will fire at me, EVEN THOUGH HE SAW ME ENTER THE VEHICLE!!!! AI issue path error

Enemy AI during night missions are too accurate with a long viewing distance. Hell, they dont even need NVG.

Interior clipping is still atrocious. I ran up a flight of stairs only to pop trough an iron railed balcony and fall 20+ feet.

Missions are too Rambo like. I would have preferred a hit & run type campaign.

You should'nt have to spend an hour or two picking up weapons from a battle. Some missions end before you can mop up new gear for your militia. There should be a for the computer to do so automatically for you in a certain radius. Some Resisatance players have experinced losses of their entire weapon stores and have had to use REVERT to get their gear back.

Dont get me wrong, i like OFP Resistance, but it could have used more polish before its release. I hate having to download a new patch, when current player feed back alone should have been sufficient to rectify most bugs. Codemasters should KNOW this.

Any questions?
lib the virtual target dummy
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Most downladed weapon using the P3d format or buggy with OFP:Resistance

All Taiwan workshop weapons have permanent muzzle flashes. These include:
SAW M249 and variants
240MAG MG
M14 (type 57?)
QBZ-95
These are the best looking examples of these weapons in OFP.

Lost Brothers HK weapon pack work correctly
Lost Brothers FAMAS pack have permanent muzzle flashes

M4 pack is buggy with permanent muzzle flashes. forgot who made it, but encludes every variant of M4 know to man. Beta-C mags too.
View Quote

The muzzle flash bug is very easy to fix, all you have to do is add a "configModels" line in the .cpp file of your custom weapon addons.

Pistols and Rifles have Tracers. Only MG's, night officers and Crew weapon should have tracers.
View Quote

this can also be fixed in the addon's config.cpp file.

7.62 NATO is treated too weak, while HK G36 is more potent and is only a 5.56mm
View Quote

accuracy, and dammage are [b]also[/b] easy to tweak in the .cpp file. I have corrected all of the weapon addons on my machine. and I fixed the little annoyance of a low skilled AI soldier being able to just pick you off from 800 yards with one round from an AK47 (made them a tad less accurate)

Loading times for Tanks take tooooooooooooooooooooo long. I use MAF's tanks which seem more accurate.
View Quote

MAF's addons are excellent.

Enemy AI during night missions are too accurate with a long viewing distance. Hell, they dont even need NVG.
View Quote

this is fixed with the above mentioned weapon tweaking.[:)]

Interior clipping is still atrocious. I ran up a flight of stairs only to pop trough an iron railed balcony and fall 20+ feet.
View Quote

This must be somehow related to computer/video card memory/speed. (I used to have this problem,....but it went away when I upgunned to the biggest toy Dell has out right now)
Im running 2.5 ghz Pentium 4, 500 megs of ([i]something like[/i]"PSDRAM"[i] memory,...I dont remember what its called, but it's supposed to be new I think[/i]),...and a Nividia GeForce4 video card. [b]Im not having any bugs with Resistance except for the "code" bugs, like the muzzle flash, and occasionally bouncing vehicles.

[b]Have you downloaded the LITTLE BIRDS yet?[/b]
[url]http://ofp.gamezone.cz/[/url] look here
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a P4 2Ghz, 512 DDRAM, 80 Gig HD, and an nVidia G-Force3 Ti 200.

The add on never worked properly on my PC. Why? I have no idea. Which suck because I LOVE the original game which plays great on my PC.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]
@madmedic

Yes, the littlebirds rock. coupled with SebsDelta 2.0 and you can start making a BHD mission.

OFP:Internals has built a wrpedit tool that allows you to build your own islands. Would be spiffy to built the MOG with the new condominums from Resistance. Add-in some streets and a dusty/desert type enviornment. Somebody will have to bake up some Skinnies though.

Im not familiar with altering the .cpp file. I have several unpackers that allow you to unpack missions/add-ons, but im afraid i dont know how to tweak them.

Example 1:
For a 'puter dummy like me. How can i tweak the muzzle flash bug for weapon mods such as Vipersheart's FAMAS, or Flipers M4 pack.-the best looking M4's for OFP ever!!! check out his masterkey variant with the 870 underneath.

Example 2:
How can i alter the ammunition capacity of firearms. Fixing the capacity of the MP BAR, M1 Garand (6rds[:(]), Beretta 92f and so on.

Example 3:
Alter weapon names. The Taiwan workshop has the best M14 for ofp. better then Filo's as it has the M14's actual iron sights. How could i change it from T-57(?) to M-14 in the weapon window?

Example 4:
Weapon damage increase for .308 rifles

If the answers to these questions are too long. Wich OFP Editing site provides a detailed answer. OFPeditingcenter? Dont recall seeing anything there about it.

FN altering lib
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#12]
tell you what,....I am at work right now till 8:30 covering for another medic, but when I get home I will post a reply answering all of your OFP editing questions, and providing all of the AWESOME links I have.....how's that?

the config .cpp stuff is really easy, but make a backup of your addons, so you can re install them if they get screwed.

you know you can just about EVERY aspect of the custom weapon addons (you can even replace the model with another one that,...say LOOKS better, but doesnt perform the way you want.

I will post more later.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
tell you what,....I am at work right now till 8:30 covering for another medic, but when I get home I will post a reply answering all of your OFP editing questions, and providing all of the AWESOME links I have.....how's that?

the config .cpp stuff is really easy, but make a backup of your addons, so you can re install them if they get screwed.

you know you can just about EVERY aspect of the custom weapon addons (you can even replace the model with another one that,...say LOOKS better, but doesnt perform the way you want.

I will post more later.....
View Quote

You da'man [:)]

Have any missions?

Last night i was playing the later mission where you have to destroy the convoy. ran back up the hill with my comrades and loaded up in the T-72 and BMP. I drove the BMP down a steep hill without bouncing........i flew[:D] WWWWHHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

57 trys with an RPG to shoot down the MI17 in the camp defense mission where they throw a squad of tanks at you. 120m+

38 trys with an RPG to shoot down the V-80 Hokum in the same mission. [:D] 160m+

supposedly the Helicopters were to chase you into the woods. Heh!!

The Airport mission was kind of lame. As soon as you steal a Helicopter, three Shilka's appear from out of nowhere and open up on you. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

RPL
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#14]
OKAY,.....Im going to tellya some of what I have figured out through experimentation,...and through asking those who are in the know.

It will be wordy, so I will be doing a little at a time, and maybe not all tonight (cuz it's gettin late)

[b]the FLP M4A1 pack[/b]....Fliper has redone it, it no longer has muzzle flash, and he [b]improved[/b] the textures (immagine [b]that[/b])
So...instead of fixing it,....just re-download it at [url]http://www.natosoldier.com/index.php[/url]
and while Im at it....I will just start off by posting some of the really good OFP editing links. (some of them you may already know):
[url]http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/[/url]
          (being re-vamped right now)
[url]http://ofp.gamezone.cz/[/url]
          (ALOT of downloads, and news)
[url]http://lostbrothers.ofpmatch.com/[/url]
          (home of Vipersheart's H&Ks)
[url]http://desert.operation-flashpoint.cz/index.php?[/url]
           (Mac and Marfy's site...nuff said)
[url]http://www.ofp-zone.com/[/url]

[url]http://www.ofp.info/G8/[/url]
            (great addons)
[url]http://ofp.info/Marss911/[/url]
            (more good addons)
[url]http://www.fortress-ofp.com/[/url]
            (bunkers, SA80, mounted MGs)
[url]http://otw.jmfoz.idv.tw/[/url]
            (Taiwan Workshop)
[url]http://www.operation-flashpoint.dk/index_dk.asp[/url]
            (Danish site)

Okay, now Im going to put a sample .cpp file in my next post to show you what to change.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#15]
tried to paste a sample config.cpp,.....but it looked all fvcked up.....

To fix the muzzle flash:

[b]1)[/b] De PBO the addon
[b]2)[/b] you will have a folder containing the config
  file, and the p3d model (amoung other stuff)
[b]3)[/b] Open the config file in Wordpad
[b]4)[/b] find the line that says:
          model="\t57a2\57_proxy.p3d";
  this means:
  the name of the model is [b]57_proxy.p3d[/b]
  and it is located in the folder [b]t57a2[/b]

[b]5)[/b] at the top of the config.cpp file you will
  need to add the following parts that are in
  bold type, with exact punctuation.
  parts in [red]RED[/red] are what is already  
  there.

[red]class CfgPatches
{
class T57A2
{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {T57A2};
requiredVersion = 1.26;
};
class T57
{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {T57};
requiredVersion = 1.26;
};
class T57Mag
{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {T57Mag};
requiredVersion = 1.26;
};
};[/red]

[b]class CfgModels
{
      class Default {};
      class Weapon: Default {};
      class 57_proxy: Weapon {};
      };[/b]

[red]class CfgWeapons
{
class default {};
class MGun: Default {};
class Riffle: MGun {};
class SniperRiffle : Riffle {};
class M1AMag : SniperRiffle
{[/red]

that should fix the muzzle flash, do the same for any other addons with muzzle flash.
NEVER include ".p3d" in your CfgModels line, only the actual NAME of the model.

some punctuation will not work in the CfgModels line (like "+") so you may have to take them out. if you change the name of the model in the .cpp file you MUST also physically CHANGE the name of the .p3d file included in the addon

Last step is to Re-compile the PBO file and put it back in your addon directory.

DAMN....readin back on this..it sounds pretty confusing.  [b]feel free to email me if you have problems.[/b]
and check the forums at some of the sites I posted links to in my previous reply

[b]GOOD LUCK[/b]

I will try to cover the rest of your topics Tomorrow, or the next day. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

[b]Have you downloaded the LITTLE BIRDS yet?[/b]
[url]http://ofp.gamezone.cz/[/url] look here
View Quote

Hey, help me out, I am kind of slow.  I downloaded the little bird and a bunch of other weapons, and unzipped them in the Addon folder for the game.  But they appear nowhere in the game (I tried the mission editor).  Am I doing something wrong?  Did I put them in the wrong folder, what do I have to do to get these wepoans into the game?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hey, help me out, I am kind of slow.  I downloaded the little bird and a bunch of other weapons, and unzipped them in the Addon folder for the game.  But they appear nowhere in the game (I tried the mission editor).  Am I doing something wrong?  Did I put them in the wrong folder, what do I have to do to get these wepoans into the game?
View Quote

look in your addons directory, and make sure it didn't put them in a seperate "folder" inside the addons directory....sometimes that happens, in which case they will not work.
take the pbo files out of any folders, and put them into the addons folder.

Also, the little birds are only for Resistance (unless you modify them, he he)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The Airforce is slowly coming to OFP

There is an Italian F-16. Someone needs to reskin an American star on the wings

A Mig-29 and also an F-15 are on the way. Both look hot! You can download the Beta version of the Mig-29 at [url]http://www.oplfashpoint.org[/url] The F-15 is at the Desert Storm mod site.

A 747 is almost done as well.

There is also a Ghost Recon mod with very nice looking operators. Operators wear SWAT looking gear and have a holster with pistol. I forgot where i got mine, but it should'nt be to hard to find.

Fortress OFP has a nice looking SA-80 for British troops. Will look nice in the hands of my British UN troops. I want to make a mission where you get to shoot UN troops [:D][:D]. They are also working on a Sig P226.

flying lib
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh!  I just assumed they'd be west air.  

I did what you outlined in your last post, still can't find me mortars, FAMAS, MP5 with Beta C mag, etc.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh!  I just assumed they'd be west air.  

I did what you outlined in your last post, still can't find me mortars, FAMAS, MP5 with Beta C mag, etc.
View Quote

LOL....they ARE west air, (with one un-armed version for the resistance side.
What I was saying is you have to have the "OFP Resistance" upgrade for them to work properly (unless you modify them.

the mortar is a resistance weapon, under "Resistance Armor"
if you have all of your pbo files installed correctly, they should work.
Who's addons have you installed?
some weapon addons only come with the gun itself, and no soldier.....in which case you just add it to which ever units you want to carry it.

You can change the weapon loadouts in custom soldier units in their .cpp files (I have changed pretty much ALL of the weapon loadouts) for instance, my version of SEB Delta Forces are equiped with the FLP M4A1 pack (instead of SEB's deltaweapons) which they came with.
(you may have known this already)

[b]Libertoon[/b]....in a weapon's .cpp file you will find a line that says [b]hit = 7[/b] (or some other number).....the higher the number the more the damage done.

[b]once again I am at work (today is my [i]normal[/i] shift day)[/b] so I [b]will[/b] post more cool tricks and tips real soon,...just havent had much time the last few days.

did the muzzle flash fix work for ya? whaddaya think of FLIPERs updated M4A1 pack? cool grenade sites on the M4/M203 huh?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmm. decompressed the pbo file, but how do i compress back into a pbo file?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:15:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hmm. decompressed the pbo file, but how do i compress back into a pbo file?
View Quote

that depends on which tool you are using.....
I use one that is called "PBO Tool", downloaded it at www.ofpeditingcenter.com in the "editing apps" section.
It is very user friendly....all it has is a button to browse to the file you want to work on, a button to "extract", and a button to "compress"

I think it would be easier if you email me with specific questions, Id be happy to reply with any help I can offer.
I can even try to send you some of the stuff I've experimented with.
The best way to learn it is to play around with it, and you will begin to understand how the .cpp file "thinks"....and to ask questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top