Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 9:29:54 AM EDT
How do you print multiple[diffrent images] on a single piece of paper in a single pass.I dont have any printing software that sees photoshop images.I need these today so I dont have time to buy anything.I dont mind positioning them manually.Thanks.

Forgot to mention this is Elements.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
One method would be to create a new 8.5X11 image and copy&paste the various pictures into the new image, position them on the page and print. I don't have Elements here at work to see if there is an easier way. I have found TONS of Photoshop tips on the web by searching for the feature I want to use.
I hope this helps some.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

edited to read 'Elements'
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
printing from pshop..

you're gonna have to do it manually (create one big canvas/document, and paste the multiple images from the other individual files you have.)

you might want to invest in quark express. by far the best layout software out there. at least i think so.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
In Photoshop 7 you can create a contact sheet that might do what you want, sort of. I do not know if it is in Elements but here are the instructions. I tested this and used 3 columns by 3 rows, no caption on a directory of pics and it seemed to work ok.

I pasted these from Photoshop Help, I searched for contact sheet.

To create a contact sheet:

1. Choose File > Automate > Contact Sheet II.
2. Under Source Folder, click Choose (Mac OS) or Browse (Windows) to specify the folder containing the images you want to use. Select Include All Subfolders to include images inside any subfolders.
3. Under Document, specify the dimensions, resolution, and color mode for the contact sheet. Select Flatten All Layers to create a contact sheet with all images and text on a single layer. Deselect Flatten All Layers to create a contact sheet where each image is on a separate layer and each caption is on a separate text layer.
4. Under Thumbnails, specify layout options for the thumbnail previews, and click OK.
-For Place, choose whether to arrange thumbnails across first (from left to right, then top to bottom) or down first (from top to bottom, then left to right).
-Enter the number of columns and rows that you want per contact sheet. The maximum dimensions for each thumbnail are displayed to the right, along with a visual preview of the specified layout.
-Select Use Filename As Caption to label the thumbnails using their source image filenames. Use the menu to specify a caption font.

Let me know if you need more help.

btw, I agree with thecleaner that Quark is a very good layout product!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, one last thing...I am learning as I go...You can also use File/Automate/Picture Package. I just learned about it, but it will do the job. This is works in both Photoshop and Elements. Try it.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top