Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 7:39:02 AM EDT
I've noticed that some terrorist have M16's. I was wondering where they got them from? Are all M16/A15's made only in the US? Do Iran or Iraq also make them?

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The US left over 1,000,000 M16s behind in Vietnam which have turned up all over the world, from Nicaragua to Gaza.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
According to the Antis....They bought them at gun shows.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...we sold the Palestinians a bunch during the Clinton years, for their 'security' forces.
View Quote

Clinton M16's, without flash hider and a 10 round mag, or real M16's?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out todays news   A couple of Israeli men have been apprehended and accused of  selling arms and amminition to the Palestinians!!!!  read it in our local daily "Newsday" here on LI,NY   How greedy do you need to be to sell out your own people and contribute to the wanton slaughter of innocent women and children.  I thought the Palestinians were some of the lowest form of sub human life on earth but just when you think you've seen it all something like this comes along.  DAMN!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They also steal them off the bodies of IDF forces and we sold the Palestinians a bunch during the Clinton years, for their 'security' forces.
View Quote

This is not true. The Palestinian Authority Police Force was equipped by the Israelis, from guns to the helicopters Arafat was flying around in (till the Israelis blew up his heliport last year). The US government has never sold the Palestinians arms.

It's my understanding that most of the weaponry given to the PA were Kalashnikovs. The reason so many members of Hamas etc have M16s is because there is a disturbingly large number of Israeli soldiers who actually steal and sell this stuff to the other side.

See:
[url]http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=188740&contrassID=1&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0[/url]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
...we sold the Palestinians a bunch during the Clinton years, for their 'security' forces.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clinton M16's, without flash hider and a 10 round mag, or real M16's?

View Quote

With it being being clinton I am suprised he didn't also sell them tactical nukes. Didn't bother him to improve the accuracy and range of Chinese Missiles.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

With it being being clinton I am suprised he didn't also sell them tactical nukes. Didn't bother him to improve the accuracy and range of Chinese Missiles.
View Quote

Where were you when Oliver North was selling parts for Hawk anti aircraft missiles to the Iranians from the White House basement?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
My squad Sgt, US Army, was in Grenada and his team found several brand new M-60's while searching buildings.

He called in the serial #'s to be tracked, and viola, no info found for those serial #'s.

With our backing of anti-communist countries over the years, we have distributed alot of weapons around the world....

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My squad Sgt, US Army, was in Grenada and his team found several brand new M-60's while searching buildings.
View Quote

This is one reason I could never be on one of these missions....Brand New M-60's! God! I'd have a VERY heavy duffel coming home!(Yes I know it's not allowed!)

Tall Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top