Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 6:57:44 AM EDT
I owe several people here (Sweep and Boom_Stick in particular, GoatBoy by extension, and several others who I may not even know about) an apology.

I've said elsewhere on this board that I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I'll do so again here.

Last night, in response to a perfectly resasonable thread, I made what I thought at the time was a simple wise-ass crack. It was late, I was at work, I was tired, and was just a little abrasive.

Apparently others took my comment and ran with it. After I had left the site, my off-the-cuff remark ballooned into something far beyond what I expected. I really should have known better. The result was Boom_Stick's thread being locked.

I'll leave the other out-of-line commenters to address the issue on their own, but it is obvious that I wasn't thinking too well at the time I made the post, that it was completely over the top, and totally innapropriate. For that I apologize.

Sweep quite correctly dinged me for it, and in fact I thank him for it. It'll teach me to think before I run off my keyboard.

I have deleted my post, although several others have quoted it. I guess it will be up to them to take appropriate action...

For the record, while I am adamantly opposed to what currently constitutes the black "leadership" in this country, deep down I am not a racist. Like I said, it was a poorly chosen wise crack, and I allowed my love of Pink Floyd to get the better of me.

My apologies to Boom_Stick for getting his thread locked, as well as to anyone else who was offended. Won't happen again.

- USNA91

Edited to add:

I just read the [b]whole[/b] thread for the first time. OUCH! I NEVER intended something like that to break out!

As such, additional apologies go out to CavVet, TheBeeKeeper1, and TheKill.

Sorry guys. [b]Very[/b] bad choice of [b]bad[/b] humor...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#1]
At the risk of seemingly tooting my own horn, I'm nudging this BTT because I want as many people as possible to see it...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The sad thing is that MANY need to see it..

Frankly I found your post humorous.....ie funny.

Playing at Political Correctness that has so taken our societies....

However as you pointed out...some took this far to serious and showed their true intent.

It takes a good man to admit when he is wrong, which says quite a bit of your TRUE character.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the remark and although wasn't involved directly or offended I was only bothered by the way so many people agreed and ran off with it, there is way too much hatred in this country for people who are different from the norm.

It takes a real man to realize, understand, and admit when he is wrong.

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the kind comments.

Yes, I was just as stunned as you when I got an e-mail from sweep, logged on, and saw what had happened after I'd gone home.

Like I said: I should've known better...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Simple smart ass comment, no harm no foul when i read it

Takes a good guy to admit he didnt want to offend.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top