Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 7:32:23 PM EDT
His mom, which we have been divorced for 14 years has bought him a truck, and hey, when I was 16 a vehicle was the perfect thing, OK OK, a vehicle is perfect.  I already thought of this problem six months ago when I was checking one of our local banks repo sales and saw a 1983 Ford F100 with only 63k, that has been setting for a few years and I stole it for a grand, yep no shit….1k. Perfect vehicle, clean and ran good. So a week before his birthday his mom wanted him to stay with her ( I kinda knew that she would do something to try to tick me off……but, that skank can’t, hehehe, I called her a skank) well, she gave him a 93 Tacoma with 170k miles……POS.  When he came home to show me it, he received a sweet shootin AR15, which I built for him.  His mouth almost dropped, kinda scared me a little and his mom said “is that appropriate”, hell yeah I said.  So he’s got the best of two worlds….drivin and AR shootin.   Not necessary together, but he’s a good boy, avid hunter, and a quality person.  I raised him.

P806
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for you man. Was definitely a nice present for your son.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
ilikelegs,
Your absolutely right...I did, but it's a hell of a talk!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top