Posted: 7/18/2002 5:48:44 PM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/18/military.accident.ap/index.html[/url]

I guess the USAF don't like you longhorns. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
ooops

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could see the look on the insurance agents face for that one.

Hope they let him keep the bomb, it would make one hell of a conversation piece.[shock]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
lemmie guess, an internal investigation determined it to be a "good shoot"

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The pilot did not know his F-117A stealth fighter was carrying the 25-pound practice bombs as he targeted trash bins and other structures during a training exercise Tuesday, the pilot's wing commander said.
View Quote

There goes one good Air Force career down the crapper...

Talk about a new take on, "I didn't know it was loaded"!

Thank goodness they were practice bombs! An alpha strike can really ruin your whole day!

Edided beekuz eye kant spel...
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
That would be cool.  Someone needs to drop a dummy bomb into my house.  I'd be the coolest guy on ar15.com
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that if I was the guy who's house had been bombed I would plead for the guys career. As long as nobody was hurt, I would be trying to help him. And oh yeah, I would ask if I could keep the bomb.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lemmie guess, an internal investigation determined it to be a "good shoot"
View Quote

The pilot is swearing up and down that he thought the house was reaching for a gun... [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
That pilot sux.  He aimed at the trash can and hit a roof! With the precision guided munitions that they get he should have gotten only net.
If all of our pilots are that inaccurate  no wonder BIN Laden got away....

If OMAR, Abdula, and bin laden hide in trash cans this guy won't miss after the crap he takes for this one.  

I just hope he doesn't get shit canned.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I guess the USAF don't like you longhorns. [;)]
View Quote

We aint all longhorns *spits on ground*
Some of us be Aggies. Dern Straight.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That pilot sux.  He aimed at the trash can and hit a roof!
View Quote

Maybe next time he won't be so quick to save money buying those 3-MOA Wolf bombs and he'll go for the superior Lake City bombs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top