Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 11:41:45 AM EDT
We just finished one of our anuual training requirements here at work and the topic was "Workplace Violence".  The program (computer based training) gave a bunch of early warning signs of workplace violence.  I'm reading through them, and get to one of the last warning signs on the list...

"Extreme interest in semi-automatic or automatic firearms and their ability to destroy people"[rolleyes]

So, should I report myself to the HR dept or go get counseling on my own now that I am beginning to show warning signs of workplace violence?[:D]

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Just curious... Is this program specific to your company, or a generic topic from one of the training sites such as SmartForce?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#2]
no, there is no cure, no shrink can help. the only relief is continued use of the drug.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]
good joke, but what were the other "early warning signs".
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Your post count suggests a lukewarm interest at best.  You're safe.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#5]
depends. do you have a "target list" of fellow employees?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/guncartoon_001.jpg[/img]

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Jay you going to be at the October shoot?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
One HR training manual I read stated that a person was considered high-risk if they had purchased a firearm within the past 90 days and should be monitored.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One HR training manual I read stated that a person was considered high-risk if they had purchased a firearm within the past 90 days and should be monitored.
View Quote

In that case, I'd better keep buying guns, or they might stop thinking I'm high-risk.[:P]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
good joke, but what were the other "early warning signs".
View Quote
Ain't no joke, dude.  Some of the manuals simplify that to "Has an interest in firearms or weapons".
Ain't very funny either.
View Quote

i meant joke=sad with sarcasm.
not joke=funny haha

i just started a new job and i get to carry concealed at my desk!!! [bounce][bounce][bounce]

now let's see those HR B#stards F#ck with Me!!!

generally you can stop most work related shooting by treating your employees like human beings and not disposable razor blades.  shoot, at several places i have worked the rental Xerox machine is treated better than the employees because the the boss had to put down a deposit on the Xerox.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
 shoot, at several places i have worked the rental Xerox machine is treated better than the employees because the the boss had to put down a deposit on the Xerox.
View Quote

Uh oh. He said shoot.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We just finished one of our anuual training requirements here at work and the topic was "Workplace Violence".  The program (computer based training) gave a bunch of early warning signs of workplace violence.  I'm reading through them, and get to one of the last warning signs on the list...

"Extreme interest in semi-automatic or automatic firearms and their ability to destroy people"[rolleyes]

So, should I report myself to the HR dept or go get counseling on my own now that I am beginning to show warning signs of workplace violence?[:D]

View Quote

Imediatlly ship all your evil violence inducing firearms to me for proper disposal and report to your nearest reeducation center for steady diet of Barney episodes and nicenes training.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top