Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 10:20:57 AM EDT
Civvies enter into the fray other than a couple of gunshops loaning out AR15s?

The LEO/SHTF thread got me wondering.

That was as close to a SHTF scenario (with firearms being the mode of attack) as you could get.

A couple of well-placed head shots from an AR were what stopped the whole thing in the end anyway. Pistol rounds were simply bouncing off the BGs body armor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
No civilians were involved in assisting the officers.  Only one gunshop was involved in loaning ARs to LAPD officer, B&B guns is now out of business today.  the guns donated was raffled at SOF convention that same year.  those loaner AR never saw any action, since it took too long to get the guns and return to the scene, by that time, LAPD Metro SWAT has it all under controlled.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I find this incident very interesting.  I have seen a couple of news shows and some magazine articles about the event and events leading up too it, but I have not been able too find a book about the North Hollywood shootout.

Does anybody know if a book was ever wrote?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No civilians were involved in assisting the officers.  Only one gunshop was involved in loaning ARs to LAPD officer, B&B guns is now out of business today.  the guns donated was raffled at SOF convention that same year.  those loaner AR never saw any action, since it took too long to get the guns and return to the scene, by that time, LAPD Metro SWAT has it all under controlled.
View Quote

You seem to be in the know.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Sad that B&B went out of business.  At one time it was a great store.  Another victim of Gray "Lights Out" Davis & the opressive PRK regime.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
given that the bad guys were spraying full-auto fire everywhere, I'd not have wanted to be around unless I had something better than a handgun to fight back with.  
View Quote

Folks have got to give those beat cops credit no matter how they feel about cops. They stood their ground against heavily armed and armored bad guys who were very bold and aggressive. Those cops took the fight to them and kept things as contained as they could until SWAT arrived on the scene. Under the circumstances, with the resources they had available those guys had great big balls of steel. They gave the citizens of L.A. something to be proud of that day.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a mod 29 with 44 special in the cyld as 44 mags are just too much penetration with danger to bystanders,but I also keep in the truck cab 44 Mags just in case of this sort of scenario.  I am also sure that if i were to engage in this kind of a shoot out ,even if I would have helped the police and the citizens .

I would probably never get my piece back from the police in my life time!  But still I would still try and neutralize the perps.

Bob [8D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top