Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 9:18:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Always remember, that [b]Road Rage[/b] can best be settled with large caliber firearms, especially when in your control! [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Geez, this world is getting ruder, and more sickening everyday...people should have respect for the dead, and not always worry about themselves.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
What you are speaking of is the biggest problem we face here in america.

United? My ass, knowone cares anymore.

I'll do my best to spread the word, but people end up wanting to fight me in the end.

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
What time of day was the procession? Regardless of time, those people should never have acted that way. Just wondered if it was during rush hour. Again, that would be no excuse, just wondering if there may have been some factor other than dis-respect?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Always remember, that [b]Road Rage[/b] can best be settled with large caliber firearms, especially when in your control! [}:D]
View Quote

Seconded.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/07/18/loc_two_charged_in_road.html[/url]

[b]Two charged in 'road rage' during funeral procession [/b]

By The Associated Press

SANDUSKY, Ohio - A mourner fed up with an impatient driver cutting in and out of a funeral procession got out of his car and punched the man and his car, police said.

“Twenty-one years, it's the first time I've ever seen anything like that - road rage in a funeral procession,” said Perkins Township Police Chief Tim McClung.

Michael Mullins, 33, of Tipp City, allegedly jumped out of his car as the 30-car procession stopped Monday at an intersection and ran toward the other car.

He first began punching the Camaro, breaking its windshield and T-top. Then he punched the driver and shoved him into the windshield. “He did some serious damage to the car,” Chief McClung said.

Mr. Mullins was charged with assault and vandalism.

The driver of the other car, Robert Buathier, 35, of Sandusky, was cited for failure to yield for a funeral procession.

Margaret Atkins, who was driving in the funeral procession for Jimmie Hatfield of Monroeville, said Mr. Mullins was very close to his uncle.

“This boy loved his uncle and wanted to preserve his honor right up to the end,” she said. “In a natural sense, his first reaction was, "No, you are not going to dishonor my uncle and my aunt.”'

Witnesses told police that Mr. Buathier had cut in and out of the procession several times.

“I don't think Mr. Mullins was the only one upset with him,” Chief McClung said.

The first time the Camaro cut into the procession, Mr. Mullins yelled at the driver.

The other driver then responded with an obscene hand gesture, police said.

Ms. Atkins said the car barreled into the line behind her.

“I thought he was going to hit my rear end, and I screamed,” she said. “He ducked in so quickly.”

Chief McClung said Mr. Buathier “was in a hurry to get home. He was on a lunch break.”

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Remember: You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can get with just a kind word!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Once upon a time in America, using the word "damn" in you daily conversation would be considered a sign of disrespect.

Everything is relative. You get the respect from others that you demand from yourself - never more, and sometimes less.

[50]

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What time of day was the procession? Regardless of time, those people should never have acted that way. Just wondered if it was during rush hour. Again, that would be no excuse, just wondering if there may have been some factor other than dis-respect?
View Quote

about 20 min before i posted the original topic
View Quote

Well then that just leaves bad manners & disrespect. Thanks for trying to honor the man in the face of that crowd.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What you are speaking of is the biggest problem we face here in america.

United? My ass, knowone cares anymore.

View Quote

By far, the wrongest, phony-est phrase in the Pledge of Allegiance is NOT "under God" but "one nation, indivisible."

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
When my Grandma passed away, we were on the way to the cemertary.  
Dammit, I missspelled, but thinking about what happened still makes me mad all of these years.

Anyways, some bitch in a BMW tried to cut into the procession.  
Not in the back, but right behind the hertz.  
I almost got out of my car, and was ready to smash her window in, and pull the bitch out by her hair.

c-rock

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I am constantly surprised that anyone would want to be a law enforcement officer or fireman in this  country.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in upstate NY. Here people will not pull over for an ambulance. Funeral procession forget it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]
People won't get out of the way for anything.  The other day I was on my way to a call with shot fired.  I'm flying down the Interstate with lights and siren on.  Most people got out of the way, but one ignorant gal was poking along in the left lane at about 45 MPH (the speed limit is 70MPH).  I couldn't go around her on the right because of an 18 wheeler, and I couldn't go around on the left because of a cement wall.  She was just ahead of the 18 wheeler where she could have gotten over with plenty of room.  She keeps looking up at her rear view mirror and back down at the road.  I honestly think that she is one of a number of people who legitimately don't know that they are supposed to yield to the right when an emergency vehicle approaches.  I kept switching from siren to P.A. telling her to move over and I kept pointing to the right as she looked in the mirror.  After a few minutes of this she finally decides that she wants to go to right lane.  As I pass her I look over at her and she gives me this dirty look like "How rude, I have a right to the left lane."

I only hope that someone as equally as ignorant as her slows up a cop or ambulance for an equal amount of time when she is getting raped, robbed, or having a heart attack.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Fucking scumbags, the lot of them........

Like I needed another reason to hate people.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I especially hate it that many families let their kids run loose and do whatever the hell they want.  I have friends who are totally under the control of their kids, and they act like servants to them.  WTH!!!  What's happening to our future generations???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top