Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2002 8:20:35 AM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/news

And the article does not even mention that he is a Democrat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go:
[url=news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=512&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020718/ap_on_go_co/traficant_55]news.yahoo.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=512&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020718/ap_on_go_co/traficant_55[/url]

See if this link works.

And what is it about that dead raccoon on his head, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like he's wearing a wig.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#4]
With all the money he stole, you would at least think he could afford a decent rug.

I would vote to kick him out of office for not ther reason than bad taste it toupess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw him speak on Hannity and Colmes. He seemed to be the most conservative Democrat that I've ever heard speak. Maybe that explains the witch hunt?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#7]
rug?

dudes, that's his REAL HAIR.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]
James Traficant, is a NUT from what I saw.  I've been watching the whole testimony thing on CSPAN for the last three nights and the guy isn't playing with a full deck.  Its VERY COMICAL though, and he did call Janet Reno a traitor and a slob.  BTW, he was the only Democrat that voted FOR the impeachment of Clinton.  All in all it sems like he was a good OL boy that wanted to run with the big dogs, but the power went to HIS head!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Trafficant has talked a good Conservative (for a Dump-o-crap, anyway)game for the last 5 years or so.

Can't say for sure how he voted.

I used to work with a guy who grew up in Trafficant's hometown (Youngstowm, Ohio ??) and knew the crew that trafficant ran with.

Think "The Sopranos."

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I grew up in the 17th district of Ohio. (I now live i nthe 16th...)

I was proud to have Jim as my representative. FINALLY, a politician who is not afraid to tell it like it is!!!

Yes, he gets carried away. He told Gephardt the reason he did not vote for him for speaker of the house, but voted for the republican, is that, "Gephardt is a pu$$y who has run the democratic party into the ground"

Before you caveman-types get going with the "Ugh, he democrat, he bad" crap, check out his opinions (Which he has given on the floor of the house, no less.) You will discover that he is a straight shooter on issues like trade, Red China being our enemy, etc. He has the testicular fortitude to stand up for his constituents AND his beliefs.

Get the facts first. It prevents tasting your own shoe...

Read his "One minute speeches". Even you cavemen sheeple will be educated.

http://www.house.gov/traficant/

mug
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Is takes testicular fortitude to say this on the house floor:

One of Traficant's One minute speeches:

UNITED STATES SHOULD INVESTIGATE JANET RENO AND CONTRIBUTORS TO THE DNC
April 3, 2001

Madam Speaker, while John Huang and James Riady are partying in Hawaii, 24 Americans are being held against their will in China. Think about it, China is taking $100 billion a year out of America, buying missiles with our money, pointing them at us, and now they are holding Americans against their will.

What is next, Madam Speaker? Will they return the 24 Americans when they deliver to the Pentagon the black berets they bought for millions and millions of dollars?

Beam me up. Has Uncle Sam become Uncle Sucker here? I yield back the fact that we should investigate the treason, the treason of Janet Reno and those campaign contributions to the Democrat National Committee.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is another one,... I wonder why the Justice Dept went after this guy?

THE FBI IN YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO, OWNED BY THE MOB
May 2, 2000
Mr. Speaker, I have evidence that certain FBI agents in Youngstown, Ohio, have violated the RICO statute, and I shall prove it. For years they were owned by the Mob; but now they have made a big mistake, Mr. Speaker. Youngstown FBI agents stole large sums of cash that were vouchered to be paid to their street informants. In addition, they failed to report that cash on their tax returns. Bingo. But what is even worse, they quote/unquote suggested to one of their field operative informants that he should commit murder. Mr. Speaker, murder. Not only in Boston, now in Youngstown, Ohio.

It is out of control. The Congress of the United States should pass H.R. 4105. There are buddies investigating buddies in the Justice Department, and they are getting away with murder. Enough is enough.

I yield back the FBI fox in the hen house.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Hands down, the BEST line he spouted was:
(after his testimony on C-SPAN yesterday when posing for a photo with a staffer)

[b]"Smile and say SLICK WILLIE" [/b]

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Here is another one,.. FOR 1998.

He knew the INS was a bunch of screw-ups back then!!! He had the testicular fortitude to tell congress!! What was YOUR rep doing?!

Vote for Jim Traficant!!!

USE AMERICAN TROOPS TO GUARD AMERICAN BORDER
February 11, 1998
Mr. TRAFICANT. Mr. Speaker, the Immigration and Naturalization Service in some of their offices have error rates as high as
99 percent in reviewing applications, according to a recent study. In addition, 13,000 immigrants bought citizenship with illegal
payoffs and bribes.
Now, if that is not enough to compromise your disgust, check this out: The INS says keep the military off the borders, Congress.

Unbelievable. These same bungling, incompetent nincompoops who have allowed heroin and cocaine to be easier to get than
aspirin, who have our borders overrun with illegal immigrants, now want the border all to themselves.

Beam me up. The American people want Congress to secure our borders. Let me say this, Congress: If American troops can
guard borders for the United Nations all over the world, American troops can guard the American border at home for the
American people.

I think we should investigate those bungling nincompoops at the INS.

I yield back the 1 percent positive rate they have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top