Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 4:27:54 AM EDT
I say Fry Him!  The facts are clear as day.  He was negligent in providing for his kid.  The kid fried and so should he.  But seeing how there's so many suckers on the jury these days, they will probably give him some BS probation.  

Why?  

Cause he's portraying himself as a victim of a simple case of "simply forgetting".  And he always keeps his head down during camera shots.  Poor guy.

See:
[img]http://beta.kpix.com/news/images/people/e-i/brianpalmergilbert.jpg[/img]

Bet he didn't have his head down while watching cartoons at his buddies house.  Probably laughing and giggling while his kid roasted.

Of course if it was a gun related incident he'd already be in the penn.

I never even left my dog in the car without the window at least half way down.

So, who wants to bet the scumbag will get off easy?

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/kpix/20020718/lo_kpix/3891[/url]

Jury Deliberates on Father Charged in Son's Death
Wed Jul 17, 9:29 PM ET

Sean Comey

Jurors in San Jose are deciding the fate of a South Bay man whose son died in a hot car.

Brian Gilbert is charged with involuntary manslaughter. His five-month-old son Kyle died from exposure to extreme heat after Gilbert left him alone in his vehicle while he watched cartoons. Prosecutors say Gilbert had no other responsibilities that day except for caring for his son.

"The question is looking at the defendant's conduct versus the conduct of the ordinarily cautious person," said prosecutor Dan Nishigaya. "We feel that the amount of attention paid to the child was legally insufficient."

Gilbert's lawyer says his client takes responsibility for the child's death, but told the jury that he should not be found guilty, because it was an accident.

"Brian forgot," said defense attorney Sam Polverino. "Forgetting is something that you do involuntarily, and a person doesn't have any control over when they forget... It's not to be condemned. It's not to be condoned. But unfortunately, people do that."

If Gilbert is found guilty, he could face up to four years in state prison.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:33:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Jury Deliberates on Father Charged in

"Brian forgot," said defense attorney Sam Polverino. "Forgetting is something that you do involuntarily, and a person doesn't have any control over when they forget... It's not to be condemned. It's not to be condoned. But unfortunately, people do that."

If Gilbert is found guilty, he could face up to four years in state prison.
View Quote

View Quote

Yeah, if he "forgot" his 9mm Glock was loaded, he'd be looking at life without parole rather then some 4 year shit charge

4 fucking years? For killing somebody? Goddamn. I guess being a complete fucking idiot does pay off.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]
What a friggin lame excuse...'forgetting is something that you do involuntarily.'

He didn't forget how to operate a television. He didn't forget which channel was the Cartoon Channel. He didn't forget to drink liquids and get up to relieve himself during commercials.

But he forgot his son out in the car?

[b]Azzhole![/b] Fry the bastige!

Eric The(Unsympathetic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
He'll get off easy, because he lost his son.  Remember the Menedez brothers who killed their parents and then threw themselves on the mercy of the court, because they were orphans?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:40:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He'll get off easy, because he lost his son.  Remember the Menedez brothers who killed their parents and then threw themselves on the mercy of the court, because they were orphans?
View Quote

You talkin' to me?[img]http://www.courttv.com/graphics/ctv/casefiles/menendez.gif[/img]

The LAW really wanted them bad.  Retried and now they're lifers.

Lyle and Erik Menendez were convicted of first-degree murder on March 20, 1996, for the shotgun killings of their parents, Jose and Kitty Menendez. They are serving life prison terms without the possibility of parole. Lyle is held at the California Correctional Institution at Tehachapi. Erik is at the California State Prison in Sacramento County.
View Quote

I saw the pics of what they did and it wasn't pretty.  Hell, they even reloaded for good measure.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe I shouldn't post this but these motherfuckers that leave their children to roast alive in a car while they watch cartoons, drink, get their hair done, whatever are getting to me.

The thought of what those totally helpless children suffered, a slow cooking, is wearing on me.

Sometimes only the thought they have other children that need to be cared for keeps me sane.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]

[V]

I am embarassed to admit this, but the same thing happened to me, only (and I can only drop to my worthless knees and thank Almighty God for it) the outcome was nowhere near as bad.

Several months ago I went to the local supermarket with my father-in-law and my daughter. She was strapped in her car seat.

We got to the store, got out, and proceeded to shop for about 20-25 minutes. When we came back to the car and were loading the groceries into the trunk, my blood ran cold...

My daughter was crying, still strapped in her car seat!

I have never dropped what I had in my hands, run around a car, opened a door, and pulled my kid out of the seat as I did in that instant.

Mind you, this was in the Florida Keys. As I said above, my only recourse is to thank God that it was early morning, that it was (relatively) cool outside, and that we were inside for only a short period.

I admit I completely forgot she was there. My father-in-law claims he never knew she was there. I refuse to comment on his position because he never saw me put her in, and, regardless, it is I who was ultimately responsible.

While cradling her in my arms and running inside to get her some cold water, I have never felt such embarassment, shame, guilt, or sorrow. Nothing happened, and she's perfectly fine, but I will NEVER forget that day nor forgive myself for it.

My point here? I used to believe the same as you guys above, HOW CAN YOU FORGET YOUR KID?

Well, you can.

The primary difference between me and this scumbag is that, God forbid, my daughter had fried to death, I would not be making excuses. I would plead no contest, ask for no mercy, and accept whatever they threw at me. (Anything would be better then having to face my wife!)

I think the incident finally woke me up to the magnitude of the responsibilities of fatherhood. I'll admit I was slow on the uptake, but boy did that scare wake me up.

All the incidents of kids recently disappearing and/or being murdered has only made it worse.

Well, I guess I'll complete my confession now. No, my wife doesn't know. I've wanted to tell her, if only to come clean, but my father-in-law has told me point-blank never to speak of the incident to her. I will eventually, but I'm not sure when.

In the meantime, I can assure you that the lesson has been well-learned.

This all being said, I stand ready to be beaten by you guys as I so richly deserve. [stick]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#7]
God Bless both you and your daughter.  Had that happened to me I don't know what I would have done to myself.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
God Bless both you and your daughter.  Had that happened to me I don't know what I would have done to myself.
View Quote

Yep. It sucked, and thanks for the blessing.

I have often said that the worst thing that could have been done to me is to have kept me alive to ponder what I'd done. [b]I have a conscience[/b], you see.

It's people who get their kids killed then go around begging for mercy that scare me. [b]I[/b] would have been the [b]last[/b] thing on my mind had the worst occurred!

Fortunately, the Almighty spared this poor worthless sinner such a harsh lesson. He simply sent the lesson required, and it was learned [b]VERY[/b] well!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

[V]

I am embarassed to admit this, but the same thing happened to me, only (and I can only drop to my worthless knees and thank Almighty God for it) the outcome was nowhere near as bad.

Several months ago I went to the local supermarket with my father-in-law and my daughter. She was strapped in her car seat.

We got to the store, got out, and proceeded to shop for about 20-25 minutes. When we came back to the car and were loading the groceries into the trunk, my blood ran cold...

My daughter was crying, still strapped in her car seat!

I have never dropped what I had in my hands, run around a car, opened a door, and pulled my kid out of the seat as I did in that instant.

Mind you, this was in the Florida Keys. As I said above, my only recourse is to thank God that it was early morning, that it was (relatively) cool outside, and that we were inside for only a short period.

I admit I completely forgot she was there. My father-in-law claims he never knew she was there. I refuse to comment on his position because he never saw me put her in, and, regardless, it is I who was ultimately responsible.

While cradling her in my arms and running inside to get her some cold water, I have never felt such embarassment, shame, guilt, or sorrow. Nothing happened, and she's perfectly fine, but I will NEVER forget that day nor forgive myself for it.

My point here? I used to believe the same as you guys above, HOW CAN YOU FORGET YOUR KID?

Well, you can.

The primary difference between me and this scumbag is that, God forbid, my daughter had fried to death, I would not be making excuses. I would plead no contest, ask for no mercy, and accept whatever they threw at me. (Anything would be better then having to face my wife!)

I think the incident finally woke me up to the magnitude of the responsibilities of fatherhood. I'll admit I was slow on the uptake, but boy did that scare wake me up.

All the incidents of kids recently disappearing and/or being murdered has only made it worse.

Well, I guess I'll complete my confession now. No, my wife doesn't know. I've wanted to tell her, if only to come clean, but my father-in-law has told me point-blank never to speak of the incident to her. I will eventually, but I'm not sure when.

In the meantime, I can assure you that the lesson has been well-learned.

This all being said, I stand ready to be beaten by you guys as I so richly deserve. [stick]
View Quote

Someone was watching over her that day.  You know who.[0:)]

===========================
Oh ya, interior temp was close to 120 degrees that day and it was close to three hours before he remembered.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#10]
My vote - the guy should be thrown in jail, 25+ years.  But not for killing his kid, that's beside the point.  No no, just for being an idiot.  If you forget your own damn boy is roasting in a back seat, while you're yacking it up over Looney Toons, then you need a few decades in the slammer.  Don't prosecute him for murder I say, persecute him for being a stupid fuck.

As for the boy, maybe it was God's will - perhaps He didn't want another human as bloody stupid via heredity as his father.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someone was watching over her that day.  You know who.[0:)]
View Quote

Oh, yeah. You ain't whistlin' Dixie. Her grandmother and great-grandmother, God rest both their souls, were looking over her.

I still get shivers...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top