Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2002 4:48:33 PM EDT
Are these two sides still in active war or does the US and UN have things locked down?

On another note; I watched "Saviour" with Dennis Quaid not long ago which portrayed him as a Legionnaire fighting on the Serb side. Did the Foreign Legion actually participate in this war?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Saviour... that was a helluva movie. Actually, Quaid played a mercenary, an ex-Legionaire I think.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
at halftime...

the serbs lead the ethnic albanians by 2.

in the western conference, late in the 3rd, the kosovars are down by 6.

in the church league, the bosnians are tied going into the 4th.

the chekka have upped the ante by bringing in some heavy hitters from the european leagues.

in trades, the ustasi swapped four sappers for two serbian war criminals and a relief commander to be named later. rumor has it arkan the tiger will come out of retirement.

major sports equipment supplier, creveni zastava will not be able to furnish the official kalashnikov for league play. reporters toured the bombed out rubble of the once proud factory and overheard former employees cursing an american rock group, the b-52's.

in other news the herzagovinians are mounting a late season rally and hope to mount a serious challenge for a new pennant.

meanwhile, league commisioners in the hague are desparately trying to reach agreement with all the players before next season's melee begins anew.

in a separate tournament of u.n. referees, the americans held the british scoreless while the norwegians stunned the french, who walked off the field after they accused the norwegians of "intimdation".

this just in...in late season skirmishing in the intramural league, the sarajevo snipers have downed the newly formed starving civilians.

back to you slobo...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
OK Campy,
How do I get the coffee off the monitor???

[:)>]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are these two sides still in active war or does the US and UN have things locked down?
View Quote
There's no active war going on, but they're just waiting for SFOR to get the hell out so they can get back to business again.

On another note; I watched "Saviour" with Dennis Quaid not long ago which portrayed him as a Legionnaire fighting on the Serb side. Did the Foreign Legion actually participate in this war?
View Quote
The French Foreign Legion was France's contribution to the U.N. effort in Bosnia. Their Area of Operation was Sarajevo, but they would do a lot of convoy work too, and we would occasionally see them around Tuzla. (Cracked me up to see a Legionaire who looked like he was 15 wearing their fleece jacket with a FAMAS on his back. [:)])
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top