Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 4:25:10 PM EDT
Did you check out the new American Rifleman issue?
I LOVE MY M1A !

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Derek45/M14tilt.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]
yeeeehi!  got my magazine today haven't had time to look at it.       Wife was waiting at home late one night after she found  receit where i bought my "loaded" M1A.   Anyway showed her today it was on the cover of NRA and she was not impressed.   women, go figure
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Ihad just got backfrom a trip to the funstore/range, where I had got to put a amgthru a full auto M14. When I went in the house, the new issue was sitting there in the chair. I think there's a message in that somewhere. So I had to round up the M1A and FAL and go shoot .
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I LOVE MY M1A !

View Quote

Is that a Chinese rifle?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
This is outstanding !  I happen to be in the
process of deciding whether to buy a FAL, an M1-A, or an AR-10, and I'm sure this will help. I owned another M1-A for several years, and I loved it.  It would shoot consistently into 1/4 of an inch, and it wasn't even a match rifle, just their standard with no accurizing.  A gunsmith told me once it had a 1961 Harrington & Richardson barrell.  It flattened primaers just a bit.  It didn't make any difference which brand.  I am leaning heavily in the direction of an M1-A because (1) the M1-A is about a pound lighter than the other two, (2) the M1-A is the most accurate standard semi-automatic military rifle you can buy, and (3) it is the continuing choice of the Marines and other services' special ops and snipers.  I like the "loaded" version with the walnut stock.  There's nothing like the marriage of steel and wood in a rifle.

My name is Derek, too.  I just bought a Bushmaster M4 5.56 X 45 carbine in November and it is the best rifle I have ever owned, and I've owned plenty. But the M1-A is one fine piece of ordinance.

-Beldar.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is that a Chinese rifle?
View Quote

[b][size=5] HELL NO ! [/size=5][/b]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the issue, but you have to love the politically correct low-cap magazine in the cover gun.  YAY NRA! [rolleyes]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
HOW FUNNY IT ALL IS!!!

I had been at the range from noon till six with my M1A, AR15, and FAL.  Had a great day, after I spent the first 3 hours working the bugs out of the FAL (surplus kit had problems).  When I started shooting the M1A, I was just happy as could be with it.  Feels so good to shoot, and so accurate (custom loaded model), and last shot the AR15, soooo sweet, and also very accurate.

On the way home, I was thinking how lucky I was to own such fine rifles.  Got home, and there on the kitchen counter was the latest edition of "American Rifleman".

Read all 3 of the articles: thought it was very interesting on the Vets view point on the M14 in Vietnam.  He wished he had it over his AR, cause he could shoot the enemy through trees, pretty damn powerful if you ask me.

I also winced at the comment that McNamara destroyed hundreds of thousands of M14s after M16 was brought into service.  "Frick'in Moron" was what I was thinking when I read that.

Gotta be something to life, when things happen like this.

starsil9

[50]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I LOVE MY M1A !

View Quote

Cool!  How'd you get it to stick to the ceiling like that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top