Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2002 3:40:03 PM EDT
One of the things in the world that I like least is waiting on packages.

The watch I ordered was shipped UPS second day air.

I was waiting for it today.

I've been here, right by my door, all day.

I checked the door an hour ago; nothing. I have repeatedly told the UPS people to always leave packages by the door. Normally, they do.

I checked twenty minutes ago. Saw a UPS notice thing. No package.

I'd been here all the damn time! They didn't even bother to knock!!!!

Annoying thing: I was trying to hit the UPS website with the 'infonotice number" before the damned driver had actually entered the number into the system. BUt he'd sure as hell driven off.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I got to the point where I just have everything sent to work. I do get some strange looks from my coworkers who are starting to wonder about those heavy packages that have explosive warnings on them(ammo) not to mention the assortment of boxes from places like Brownelles,OLYARMS,DPMS, Bushmaster etc. OH by the way I work in a Federal building.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
i think the place i work would have somthin to say. thou my coworkers probably wouldnt worry, they know im a gun owner. even invited the boss to go rifle shooting sometime, hes interested but i got to find a decent range. Carolina star is not great. pretty poor range. when i find one he will get to shoot the .22 .223, and probably a assortment of pistols, ect.

--edit--

oh.. i forgot to mention what it was, a state Tech College.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, yes...the UPS. These geniuses once delivered a package from Springfield Armory (you know the kind: they have the pic of the Marine aiming an M14 on the front) to a church school just down the road from me. Dumb M#^*$&F*$&@#S!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never had a problem with UPS, I talk BS with the guy all the time, like I said, no problems here...[:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I really don't like UPS but my current driver is pretty good. He usually comes around at the same time every day.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:35:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't have any problems with them, but deep down, I am really one of them.  Since I deliver the next day air freight into this community (small town), I know most of the drivers and am friends with my driver.  

I think the drivers try hard to get you your boxes.....I'm sure they don't want to come back the next day and try and deliver it.  Personally, I couldn't do their job.  Too much stress.

vmax84
"deep down, really brown"
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#8]
My biggest problem is with their chickenshit managers. They set the tone for how their center(s) operates. Next on the list is UPS' box handlers/loaders/dumbass counter folk. They're the lowest paid, most unhappy in the UPS food chain. To date, I have yet to have a legitimate complaint with a driver. In my experience, the local UPS managers in OKC are just flat unwilling to sit down and resolve any complaints or disputes. Those disputes, at least for me, have always resulted from moron counter folk trying to dictate to me their interpretation of firearms laws and jackass box people routing shipments to bumblefuck nowhere. For example: I once sent something to Alabama. It spent a week moving back and forth from the hub in Tennessee to the hub in Alabama. The tracking data alternately showed Alabama and Oklahoma as the destination (depending on which hub had it).
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Like some others, I get all my stuff shipped to me at work.  Never had a problem, except the one time a vendor shipped to my home in error.  UPS left about $120 worth of stuff on my front stoop.  Thankfully, it was still there when I got home.  But that wasn't the freight company's fault.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#10]
JD, that's the truth!
For whatever reason they would not accept two complete uppers from Oly for delivery to my house. Then they would not let me get them from the UPS center there off of 40.
I had to go around and around with this dumb-ass "female" manager. I finally just showed up and pulled out the UPS regulations on shipping firearms and the US Code on what a firearm was.
The only other problem I had was when Springfield Armory sent me back my 1911 after they did some warrenty work on it. I requested that it be delivered to my work (I was in school at the Navy side of Tinker AFB). I had a signed "get out of jail free" card signed by the security manager of the base and the CO of the unit where I was going to school.
The dumb-ass driver delivered it to someone else with my last name in a different part of the base.
I was suprised when I got a call to report to the base armory to pick up my (now opened) package from security. I was told that they had called in the Quick Response Team to see what it was. The head of security (the guy who signed my request in the first place) wanted to go to the range and try it out. [X]

Quoted:
In my experience, the local UPS managers in OKC are just flat unwilling to sit down and resolve any complaints or disputes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#11]
heheh the computer buisness my dad runs is a running joke at the local UPS station here. he moved some 5-6 times while we have been here, as its a home run buisness it moves with us. anyhow a package comes into the local UPS point and they look at the address if its a new one the deliver it there. and anything with the old one gets delivered to the new one.

if we changed routes  the one we are on would say "no their on my route i'll take it"

true story.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Pundit, your experience is like mine.

Wait all day near the door -- not even showering in case they arrive while I'm in the shower.

Watch the tracking info on the computer.

All of a sudden at 2pm it shows 'delivery attempted - not home'. Odd, because I never heard the doorbell or a knock on the door!

I check the doors for their tags. Nothing. I call UPS and after pulling teeth for 10 minutes I figure out that they attempted to deliver to a street with a similar name - which wasn't the address on the package, though.

I try to get the moron on the phone to have the packaged delivered to me at the right address.

"I'm sorry, sir, we can only try to deliver once per day".

Well, you idiot, you didn't try to deliver because you didn't come to my house! You attempted to deliver my package to someone who didn't pay for delivery or the package! That's not the service I paid for!!!!

I had to tell moron on the phone that I'd appreciate talking to someone who could actually fix the problem. Once they called me back they grudginly agreed to attempt delivery again. After insisting for 15 minutes or so that it was impossible.

No offense to any ups workers here, but I hate the company. Their procedures are so screwed up it's amazing that any of their packages get through!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Gotta speak up here - I've NEVER had a problem with UPS.  

In fact, many times I've been away for a week or more and not only did the driver deliver all packages timely and correctly, but he walked around the house and put the boxes on the patio out back with a yellow sticker on the sliding glass door so I could see it.

Now that's good service.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Almost everytime I have used UPS, they are either too lazy to deliver the package to my door, and usually won't even leave a note, or deliver to the wrong address and claim that I signed for it and can not legibly tell who really signed for it (thus ending up in lost packages or very late delivery since I have to hunt it down), they break my packages, the packages look like they have been dragged behind the truck, run over, eaten by a dog, etc.

One time they ended up paying me $1000 for my computer that they broke, which was packaged correctly.

I can go on and on...

[b][red]I HATE UPS.[/red][/b]

The above incidents are actual facts that I have personally witnessed when using UPS. I have reported many of the incidents to UPS, and usually I get a response that basically says they are right and I am wrong. Like mis-delivering my packages, or being too lazy to actually deliver to my door by claiming they had a deal with my apartment management, etc. The way I see it, and I told them this-- I PAID FOR DELIVERY TO MY DOOR, NOT DELIVERY TO THE APARTMENT OFFICE OR TO A CLOSER APARTMENT TO THE OFFICE OTHER THAN MINE. And no note?? What's up with that???? They disagreed many many times last Christmas...
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The watch I ordered was shipped UPS second day air.

I was waiting for it today.

I've been here, right by my door, all day.

I checked the door an hour ago; nothing. I have repeatedly told the UPS people to always leave packages by the door. Normally, they do.

I checked twenty minutes ago. Saw a UPS notice thing. No package.

I'd been here all the damn time! They didn't even bother to knock!!!!

Annoying thing: I was trying to hit the UPS website with the 'infonotice number" before the damned driver had actually entered the number into the system. BUt he'd sure as hell driven off.
View Quote

I feel your pain, man.  I've had this exact thing happen 3 or 4 times.  Once, I even heard him put the InfoNotice on (without knocking), and I tried to chase him down, but he scuttled down the stairs and drove off before I could catch him.  I have given up on waiting for packages at home.  I also try to have any innocuous packages sent to my office instead.

For things (ammo, etc) that I'm not comfortable having delivered to my office, I always leave a note asking the driver to leave it by the door.  He never does.  He always leaves it with the apartment office, which closes about 3pm or whenever the heck the landlord feels like it.  So I have to run home during the day and try to pick up the package before the apartment office closes.

USPS is even more of a rip-off than before, but for small things, I ask that people use the postal service to ship to my apartment because 1) They usually leave stuff at the door with no problem (I've never had a package stolen from in front of my door) and 2) If the package requires a signature and I need to pick it up, the post office is less than 2 miles away, compared to about 20 miles for UPS.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top