Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 12:44:50 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/717803/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I might be jumping the gun but its about time for a massive IDF counter strike!  

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/07/17/mideast.explosion/index.html[/url]

More info.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yawn. Any REAL news happen today?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yawn. Any REAL news happen today?
View Quote

Four dead, so far. Eight yesterday, and god knows how many before that.  Or how many more tomorrow.

That's as real as it gets.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020717/capt.1026926568.mideast_israel_palestinians_jrl103.jpg[/img]

Nevermind, do we even need to hear what this POS thinks about today's suicide bombing, or yesterday's attack on the bus?

Nope.

But this is the biggest POS on the West Bank for certain!

Eric The(SendHimPacking!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It's happening so often, is it even really news anymore? Why do they even keep reporting on these attacks when Israel doesn't ever retaliate in any meaningful way, or seek real peace? The whole situation is just ridiculous and I'm bored with it.

It may be news to them, but why is it news to us?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh gosh, [b]GovtThug[/b], are you bored with this whole suicide bombing thing and all?

Are you miffed that Israel is not permitted to wipe these POSs off the face of this planet, or are you simply tired of having to respond to threads like this?

If it bores you, get off the thread and don't read anymore threads with the words 'Israel', or 'Palestinian', in them in the future!

That problem was so easily solved, wasn't it?

I certainly don't expect to see you on anymore of these threads, or I will begin to doubt that you are bored with them at all, in the first place!

I think you just want to moan, bitch, and pizz!

Eric The(Right?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's happening so often, is it even really news anymore? Why do they even keep reporting on these attacks when Israel doesn't ever retaliate in any meaningful way, or seek real peace? The whole situation is just ridiculous and I'm bored with it.

It may be news to them, but why is it news to us?
View Quote

It's news to us because IT WILL HAPPEN HERE!

The week-kneed responses (by the Israelis) dictated by our gov't will ensure that.  

Continued coddling of these barbarians will only serve to fully convince Al-Qaeda and the like that we are weak and can be bombed and terrorized into submission.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Much as I don't care for the current US-Isreali retlationship and have many criticims of the state of Israel.

That is very farked up.

Bad enough being an ordinary kid trying to being cool and getting laid without having to worry about if the pizza parlor you are in is gonna blow up.

Original link:

[url]http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=187906&contrassID=1&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, let's see...

Population of Israel: ~6.4 million

Population of Palestinian Territory: ~3.3 million

If every Palestinian suicide bomber can kill 3 Israelis, then:

Population of Israel: 0

Population of Palestinian Territory: ~1.2 million

Ok, I guess this thing will work itself out eventually.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, let's see, 19 Arab hijackers were able to kill 2,823 Americans at the WTC, and another.....

Stop! [b]GovtThug[/b], do you see how really, really pathetic your views are on this subject?

I can't even begin to make the same statistical computation about Americans that you can so cavalierly make about Israelis.

Did I mention that 40 US citizens were among the 572 civilians killed so far in this Second Intifadah, or does that even begin to matter to you?

I'm beginning to believe that you are indeed a Government Thug, I just can't figure out which government that you may be a thug for!

You sound to me kinda like 1972 Brezhnev-era Soviet Union, but even ol' Leonid had a heart!

Eric The(Pizzed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, let's see...

Population of Palestinian Territory: ~3.3 million

If every Palestinian suicide bomber can kill 3 Israelis, then:

Population of Israel: 0

Population of Palestinian Territory: ~1.2 million

Ok, I guess this thing will work itself out eventually.
View Quote

Why are you here? Isn't there some trash that
needs to be taken out or perhaps a TROLL thread
you should be posting?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Well, let's see...

Number of Israelis killed in the second intifada so far:  572 dead

Population of America: ~280 million

Equivalent number of Americans, proportionately:  ~25,000 dead

Still not "real" enough for you?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Our government is not permitting Israel to respond? AFAIK, there are still only 50 stars on our flag and Israel is a sovereign nation, able to make its own decisions. Oh, but wait, maybe it's their own greed holding them back. Wouldn't want to lose 5 billion dollars in US economic and military aid.

Until Sharon does away with Arafat and seeks lasting peace or wages decisive war, Israel is allowing their own people to be murdered. Reminds me of a liberal woman who would rather be raped than pick up a gun and kill a rapist.

Fuck 'em.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well, let's see...

Number of Israelis killed in the second intifada so far:  572 dead

Population of America: ~280 million

Equivalent number of Americans, proportionately:  ~25,000 dead

Still not "real" enough for you?
View Quote

While the sarcasm of my "statistics" may have been lost on you, I don't understand the meaning of these figures.

Are you saying that we shouldn't have responded to the WTC attacks because our death toll was less than 25,000, thereby showing the same restraint as Isreal?

Or are you saying that the value of an Isreali life is worth roughly 50 times the value of an American life? Yes, that must be it. That's why so many people get pissed (or pizzed) whenever anyone questions the Israel situation.

(punctuation edit)

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#17]
No, [b]GovtThug[/b], you dickweed! [:D]

What [b]DScott[/b] is saying is that the number of Israelis murdered by these terrorists would be statistically the equivalent of 25,000 Americans dying.

Well, the Bush Administration launched a War on Terror and committed the United States to a military invasion of Afghanistan and the toppling of the Taliban regime, for a lot less than Israel has already suffered proportionately.

And yet some ask Israel to restrain itself.

As if [u]we[/u] would have restrained ourselves following Sept 11.

And for your information these people who are attacking Israel are the very same as those who attacked us, supported by the very same people, and cheered on by the very same people.

Are you too blind to see what is set before you?

Or too stupid? Or too hateful of Israelis or Jews?

Which is it? It [u]must[/u] be one of those.

And which government are you a thug for, anyway? You never said.

Is it Saudi Arabia, or Iran, or Iraq?

Eric The(GentleGentile)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Israel should kill Arafathead IN PUBLIC and announce that each and every Palisinian "leader"  will get the same until the bombing stops.  All out war is the ONLY solution to this!!  Full scale military operations in all of West Bank AND Gaza should start AT ONCE.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:48:24 AM EDT
[#19]
You know, as much as the Gaza Strip has been a source for concern by Israel, and as many terrorist organizations as are based there, it has not produced one single 'suicide bombing' to date!

You know why?

The Gaza Strip is completely fenced in! You can only enter and leave through well-guarded checkpoints!

The Israelis are currently building the same sort of defensive fence system around the West Bank, but it will not be completed for one year!

So if the Sharon Government can hold on for one more year, these suicide bombings will be ending soon!

In the meanwhile, they will just have to take charge of the West Bank, where they effectively control seven of the eight largest cities or towns.

Eric The(Hopeful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Look, ETH, you asscricket. [:D]

I don't hate the Jews.

Israel is our Ally.

Israel is getting the shit kicked out of them.

Israel isn't doing anything to keep itself from getting the shit kicked out of it.

Until they DO SOMETHING, I'd rather not see all the hand wringing and wailing about these bombings. They happen so often, they're commonplace. They're not even news.

And what is the something they should do?

How about taking out Arafat. How about every time a bomber kills some Isrealis, the Israelis kill a hundred times as many Palestinians. How about rolling tanks and flying planes and dropping artillery until there are no more Palestinians.

Or, how about making peace with the Palestinians, both sides compromising, and creating a lasting peace. Well, still, after taking out Arafat.

Yes, I know that these are the same people and the same type of people that attacked us. But we're doing something. That's the difference.

We're going to capture or kill Osama, if we haven't already. Israel needs to do the same with Yasser.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Think about the problem the Israeli's have here with the Pals- there a very small number of actual combatants intertwined among a large number of "civilians".  Many of those offer support indirectly, but I suspect most are probably just trying not to starve and are being jerked around by their "leaders" or politicians with their own agendas.  

You can't just napalm several city blocks, although that simple solution might be tempting if enough of your people die.  The Isreali's restrain themselves from genocide because it would be savage and brutal not to, IMO.

Oh, and Thug, I think you're suffering from "compassion fatigue".  You really should  take a break from caring so much about other people.  It must be hard on you.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok, suppose this:

I put up a fence in my yard. My neighbor thinks the fence is on his property. He comes over to my house and kicks my ass. I post about it here and everyone says "what a fucked up thing for him to do. You should do something."

This guy keeps coming over every few days and kicks my ass again. Maybe every few times I hit him back, but with little effect. And every time, I post about it here. I never call the cops, I never really fight back in any meaningful way, I never get my friends to help me fight him, I never get a survey to determine where the property line is. I just keep letting him kick my ass.

How many repeat postings is it going to take before everyone here suffers "compassion fatigue"? How many posts before "you should do something" becomes "why aren't you doing anything", then "if you're not going to do anything, stop posting about it"?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe, [b]GovtThug[/b], I've underestimated you and misunderstood the reasoning behind your comments in this matter.

If so, I apologize for [u]that[/u].

But, Israel is acting precisely as we would most likely act under the circumstances that it faces.

We were not faced with urban combat anywhere in Afghanistan, where the number of civilian dead would surpass the number of terrorist dead in any street battles. Israel is.

We were not threatened with sanctions from our most ardent supporters when we were kicking Taliban butt. Israel was and continues to be cajoled, threatened, and lectured to by the US State Dept., Colin Powell, Proprietor.

I would say that Israel has always managed to handle the crises it has faced since its birth with grim determination and overwhelming success.

If we 'let Israel be Israel' their problems would be over shortly, one way or the other.

But there exists an 'Anti-Israel' fifth column in this country that demands, insists, that Israel play by a rulebook that we ourselves would never play by in similar circumstances.

That is Israel's problem, but it ours, as well!

Just let the next 'suicide bombing' be at a suburban mall in Chicago, or Dallas, or Los Angeles, and see how quickly those planes would be loaded with Middle Easterners heading home!

If they can make it to the airports, that is.

'Cause while we don't mind it too much to see blood on the streets of Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and elsewhere in Israel, let one drop of American blood spill at the hands of these same terrorists, [b]now[/b], and the history of this country will be re-written.

Eric The(CertifiableAsscricket)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So if the Sharon Government can hold on for one more year, these suicide bombings will be ending soon!
View Quote

I hope you were joking. I can't really believe you're that naive.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#25]
ETH, I didn't think that we were in opposition on the solution. I just think we have different views on how and when it should come.

I think the time is long past for Israel to tell Colin Powell and the State Dept to go fuck themselves. It's time for them to do what needs to be done, and to hell with what the US thinks. We might talk tough, but in the end, if Israel does take action against its enemies, we are going to have to back them up to some degree. We can't afford to lose our ally, our foothold in the Midddle east. I can't believe that israel doesn't realize this, and that's why I don't understand why their not doing something.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope you were joking. I can't really believe you're that naive.
View Quote

Nope, not naive in the least. Terrorism will continue, as it does in the Gaza Strip, but the only conceivable answer as to why NO suicide bombers have come out of Gaza is that there is no way for them to make it safely through the hardened check-points.

When just such security fences surround the West Bank, and are guarded in just the same manner as the security fence surrounding the Gaza Strip, then and only then will suicide bombers be prevented from entering Israel!

Does this mean terrorism will end? Of course not, but it will have to find another avenue of approach.

More attacks on the West Bank Settlements, I would think.

Eric The(WideEyed,SteelMinded)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
....How about taking out Arafat. How about every time a bomber kills some Isrealis, the Israelis kill a hundred times as many Palestinians. How about rolling tanks and flying planes and dropping artillery until there are no more Palestinians.
View Quote

I agree with that! It's time, the "civilized gloves" need to come off! Fight savage with savage!
[devil]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm really sick of all this CRAP! Yassar and his henchmen should be told by the WORLD that this crap WILL STOP or suffer the repercussions ! And what would that be you ask ? The Israelis should start in the southern West Bank and push them north INTO THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA ! Let them drown like Pharaoh"s soldiers when they went after Moses & the Israelites  ! All the Palestinians understand is violence. So give it to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top