Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 11:15:58 AM EDT
with a AR15.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0LQBpZRgOXCcWD5fitFfGyI9Cy3xbq7pg*mPjwVEL3IfCG39GenWgX9DnDro1*8ML75TbXkHDXIE/001AR.JPG[/img]

Love this thing.

Using Colibris it is about as powerful as a pellet gun but more accurate. You have to hand eject the spent rounds but no problem. Simple 1" board is more than enough backstop.

Going back out when the rain lets up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Your local ordinance allows for the discharge of a firearm in city limits..?  

Being an FFL, you need to be very careful when breaking the law! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are GREAT but try the new Super Colibris.  They have a heftier primer - about 500 fps vs. 375 for the standard Colibris.

Fired from a rifle, either kind is QUIETER than an air gun.  There is almost no muzzle report.

I had a real blast with those one afternoon.  A friend of mine went through his son's toy box and dragged out a few dozen items that he figured the kid would have forgotten about.  We were shooting dinosaurs, toy trucks, all kinds of plastic items for about 3 hours while the wife and kids were away.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Your local ordinance allows for the discharge of a firearm in city limits..?  

Being an FFL, you need to be very careful when breaking the law! [:D]
View Quote

So you are saying I "shouldn't" hit the roof perch?

Actually there is zero noise from this thing, except for the impact. And I am in the back yard so with the fence and shed, etc. discretion isn't a big issue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So you are saying I "shouldn't" hit the roof perch?

Actually there is zero noise from this thing, except for the impact. And I am in the back yard so with the fence and shed, etc. discretion isn't a big issue.
View Quote

When the local cops informed me that it was illegal to shoot within the city, and that there was a $25 fine, I asked them how many shots I get for $25.

The Chief looked at me kinda puzzeled, so I explained it should be like buying a lift ticket at a ski resort, where $25 will get you  an all day pass! [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Guy who has a ton of money and no respect for the law is driving in the pouring rain.

Sees a police car and he runs a stop sign.

Cop pulls him over and gets out in the pouring rain, walks up to the car and taps on the window.

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Guy: Yeah, do you know why I ran the stop sign?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ROFLMAO

Tim did you get an answer on that one? For $25 a day, I'll be out shooting too!!! Shit, I would cover the cop's $25 fine and ask him to join me!
View Quote

Ummmm, my town only has 2 cops.

One day a couple of years ago, when I had just finished building a bullet trap, I called the Chief at home ([i]Christmas eve[/i]) to ask if I could test it out in front of my house...  He said sure, but to wait for the other cop to arrive.  The Chief then drove into his office to man the phones, just in case somebody called in a complaint... Nobody ever did!

The cop that came over to my house, parked his car ([i]vanity plates read "Cuffem"[/i]) at the end of my driveway.  The cop took the first few shots into the trap with his duty 9, and then I started to unload with a 9, 40, 45, 44mag.  After about an hour of shooting every possible handgun we could get our hands on, I got a stupid grin on my face and asked Brad ([i]cop[/i]) if he thought it would hold up...  Brad knew I was referring to shooting an AR into it, and said "Hell ya, go get it!"

I grabbed an AR from my vault and went to the end of my driveway ([i]50 yards[/i]).  After about 5 or 6 shots, the mailman drove up and said he heard us from the other side of town, and literally thought there was some type of "situation" taking place.

I don't know if my neighbors are cool, or just afraid to speak up, but they have never questioned anything I do...  Well, not to me anyway!  [}:D]

FWIW:  We now shoot inside of my garage, with the [b]triple insulated[/b] door closed.  Hell, we have even fired full-auto in my garage many many times!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#8]
After having taken a 21 belt fed rooftop on 9-12 my neighbors are pretty much unphased by anything.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:...When the local cops informed me that it was illegal to shoot within the city, and that there was a $25 fine, I asked them how many shots I get for $25.

The Chief looked at me kinda puzzeled, so I explained it should be like buying a lift ticket at a ski resort, where $25 will get you  an all day pass! [}:D]
View Quote

That is a good deal.  In San Diego the fine for shooting within city limits is $30 per round.

Don't ask me how I know.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]
[:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I use both of the old military units in my ARs. As long as good hi-vels are used they both work nice. They are alot of fun. Great for breaking in new shooters to larger guns.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top