Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2002 10:43:01 AM EDT
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the situation with Bin Laden.....is he dead or still alive? I had believed up until just recently that he had survived. But after seeing all the reports on the news lately about Al Quada's various people saying that Osama is alive and well makes me now think he is dead. I mean, why would they all of a sudden want to try to make the world believe he is still alive? Sounds like they may be wanting the world to think he is still alive to me. I bet the bastard was pulverized during the battle at Tora Bora. Or at least I hope so. What do you think?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Put up a poll.  There is also another poll on the main page, but it doesn't address what people think has happened, but will happen.

I think he's alive and kickin.  I believe the CNN stories.  Believing he's dead and dismissing him would be a horrible mistake.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Call me Doubting Jarhead. I want to see his decapitated head on a pike on the Commandant's lawn at Eighth and I, then I'll believe he's dead.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#3]
He's dead.  I may be wrong, but I am like 90% certain of it.  Otherwise, he would have been putting out one video or audio tape after another, taunting us and trying to win recruits to his cause.  That's his MO.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, I think he might still be alive. This guy isn't dumb. He probably knows that every tape he puts out is one more way for the CIA to track his sorry ass down.

Even if he is dead, dismissing the threat of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism with or without Osama is a serious mistake.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He's dead.  I may be wrong, but I am like 90% certain of it.  Otherwise, he would have been putting out one video or audio tape after another, taunting us and trying to win recruits to his cause.  That's his MO.
View Quote

Not if he's wounded or sick, weak as hell, bandaged up in a cave or hospital bed surrounded by dripping IV bags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Dead or alive, the threat level is the same.

[*] If he's alive, then he will further his cause at our expense.[/*]

[*] If he's dead, then his followers will carry on his actions, as tribute to him.[/*]

Either way, we lose!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope he's dying a horrible lingering death from sepsis.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
He is dead.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I think he is probably alive. He is smart and rich, and that makes him hard to kill.

I would love to know that he's dead, but I wish it could happen in such a way as to completely discredit him with his followers, so that he can't be a martyr for them to rally around.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Alive but not well, He will show up on a tape after some more terror acts. That is what I feel in my bones. But whatever if we let our guard down we are stupid. He is just one part of the threat. There will be someone to take his place. We need to watch our backs for a long time to come.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Alive but not well, He will show up on a tape after some more terror acts. That is what I feel in my bones. But whatever if we let our guard down we are stupid. He is just one part of the threat. There will be someone to take his place. We need to watch our backs for a long time to come.
View Quote

Very well said, sir. Words to live by.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Alive but not well, He will show up on a tape after some more terror acts.
View Quote

That may be a while.  I still tend to think that Al Quaida blew their wad on 9-11 and it would have taken them years to gear up for another big strike WITHOUT the war going on against them.
If we keep the pressure on, they might not be able to do anything big for the forseeable future.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Dead Dead Dead, if he were still alive he would be on TV all the time defying and rubbing it in the face of the United States saying you can't get me you failed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top