Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 9:29:28 AM EDT
Samantha Runnion as being the body that was discovered yesterday.

There was also 'significant evidence' that was found along with the poor child's body.

There is also evidence indicating that this was an individual who may be a serial child abductor/murderer.

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is the link: [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,57900,00.html[/url]

And the article:

[size=4]Kidnapped 5-Year-Old Girl's Body Identified[/size=4]    
AP  

STANTON, Calif.  — The body of a little girl found in a California forest was identified Wednesday as that of 5-year-old Samantha Runnion, and officials warned the community that the man who kidnapped and murdered the little girl was likely to strike again.

Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona confirmed the identification of the girl's body at a press conference Wednesday morning.

"The body was found nude. At this point in time there is no obvious cause of death," Carona said.

"We believe that there is an ongoing risk, based on the profile provided to us by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, that this individual will commit another crime with a similar fact pattern," he added.

Samantha's body was discovered Tuesday afternoon in neighboring Riverside County near Highway 74 on the edge of the Cleveland National Forest, about 50 miles from where the girl was abducted.

The two-lane road, also known as Ortega Highway, runs east from San Juan Capistrano in Orange County and becomes largely rural in neighboring Riverside County.

Two men who were at a hang-gliding location spotted the body in an open field area.

Orange County authorities took the lead in investigating the case, even though the body was found outside the county. Riverside County provided bloodhounds to scour the area in an effort to determine if the girl was killed there or if her body was dumped there.

Authorities began a massive manhunt just minutes after Samantha was taken Monday evening kicking and screaming from her Stanton townhome complex by a man who lured her toward him by saying he needed help finding his dog.

Samantha was playing a board game with her friend Sarah Ahn when the man drove up in a two-door light green car after making a U-turn, police said. Authorities described the car as either a Honda or Acura.

The girls were sitting on a short wall about 150 feet from Samantha's home in the complex, which is not gated, when the man got out and asked for help finding his puppy, said Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino.

Erin Runnion had wept as she begged for the return of her daughter.

"We don't want vengeance, we just want our baby back," she said Tuesday.

Authorities limited access to the Runnion home Tuesday night with police tape and by placing deputies around the perimeter. A police chaplain was seen entering the home at one point.

Samantha's abductor has been described by police as a Hispanic man with slicked-back black hair and a thin black mustache, wearing a powder blue button-down shirt.

Carona said investigators have received hundreds of tips from the public.

Samantha's biological father, Derek Jackson of Sunderland, Mass., was contacted by authorities and ruled out as a suspect, Runnion said.

Here is a picture of Samantha:

[img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/60642/4_21_175_runnion_samantha.jpg[/img]

Eric The(Saddened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I eagerly await the "No Death Penalty" crowd with their lame arguments after this unspeakable crime.  [img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/argue.gif[/img]

But I know someone who knows exactly who did this and has something VERY special in store for them.[IMG]http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/blackeye/hehehmn.gif[/IMG]

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
My prayers go out to her family. I wouldnt be surprised if that evil man raped her before he killed her to tell the truth. I hate people who do such terrible things...[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Platform, I agree... let them mull this one over.

The scumbag that killed this child should be punished to the FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.  

My thoughts and prayers are with the child and her family.  May they have their justice served swiftly and completely.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm certain that there is a special place in hell for bastards like this.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 3 year old son and a daughter the same age as little Samantha.

I can't imagine how my life would be if I lost either of them, especially if they were taken and discarded like piece of trash.

Many of my friends laugh at how protective my wife and I are with regards to our children...
I say let them laugh. It's not the same world that I grew up in.

Truly devastating. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Sick....I hope they hang this guy by his peanuts.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The scumbag that killed this child should be punished to the FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.  
View Quote

AND BEYOND...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm certain that there is a special place in hell for bastards like this.  Watch-Six
View Quote

Ditto...I can't wait till that bastard burns in hell.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know, it's that little bit of faith that helps me get through in what is otherwise an unendurably wicked world...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I was hoping that this little girl could be found alive, but when I heard this morning that a body of a girl matching her description had been discovered, I figured it was her. This is about the worst thing a human being can do to another. Actually I can't even classify anyone who could commit such an act a person. Here's this poor little girl who was just out playing and trying to have fun, when some scum bag puke of a human being comes along and snatches her up then takes her and kills her. How could someone even be so evil and crazy to have a thought such as this, not to mention actually doing it? This is just sad.

What the heck is up with all of these kidnappings this Summer? First there was Elizabeth Smart...then I have heard many others on the news as well. I realize that these are probably isolated incidents, but still this is just terrible. Even having one little child kidnapped and murdered is far too many. I hope that they catch this guy and send him to the gas chamber/electric chair or give him a lethal injection. I doubt that in California they even have a death penalty though. How could anyone not think someone like this deserves to die after doing what he did?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
[:(]

I worry about my nephews and nieces and the world they are living in.

Rest in Peace, Samantha. May GOD watch over you in the after life. [0:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Screw the death penalty......First thing is first.....torture the bastard for two weeks straight 24/7......

Let him die a slow and very painful death.  That would send a better message to woulb be killers.  

Lethal injection here in CA is just to  "easy" a way for the Death Penalty.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#15]
What kind of a piece of shit would rape and basically torture a 5 year old girl and then murder her?  That has got to be the most evil kind of person on this planet, we should slowly kill that bastard as soon as he's convicted...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Rest in piece, Samantha. God has a special place for her eternity. I pray for her family. What a senseless trsdgedy.

Once the scum that did this is caught what do you guys want to bet he has been repeatedly released?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it's about time that the Mofia steps up to the plate, and takes control of finding these butchering animals...

They not only have the connections and resources to get the job done quickly, they'll see to it that justice is carried out in the best possible way!

I pray that the mob does get involved, as they have daughters themselves!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I can't believe they would take her parents to the scene to ID their daughter. They damn well knew who the body was. The could have at least taken her to the morgue and washed her off and got her looking a little better than she looked at the scene. Good Lord.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe a dumb questin but, do they have the death penalty in PRK or should I say do they use it.  If/when they catch the no good piece of varmint cr@p that did this they had better put him out.  If not at least let the family and friends of this little girl do it.  Mssg to the scumbag..."Burn in HELL asshole!!!"
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes California has the death penalty as strange as it is to believe. I believe since 1977 8 maybe 9 have been executed.  Personally for this guy the death penalty via lethal injection is too easy of a way out. I would vote to bring back real cruel and unusual punishment for sickos like him
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I am so [pissed] about this.
Someone has to PAY and PAY dearly!

My prayers to her and her family.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I answered you other post Eric I see you are really hurting from this...That is why I have a gun all the time. I picture a car pulling onto my block and hearing a child scream. I hope I get there in time.
My neighbors ask me why I carry and that is the first reason I give. To protect YOUR children when they are out playing.

Eric to you I say all we could do is Cry and Pray for her and the family. A lawyer like you could put an Asshole away if it wasn't for all those give another chance to children molester's. I pray their children never have to face this POS.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#24]
When I heard about this, I thought back to the news conference with the mother begging for her little girl to be given back...God, this is sad.
We're about to have a baby girl ourselves in a few months and I just can't imagine the torture her parents are going through.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I eagerly await the "No Death Penalty" crowd with their lame arguments after this unspeakable crime.  [img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/argue.gif[/img]

But I know someone who knows exactly who did this and has something VERY special in store for them.[IMG]http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/blackeye/hehehmn.gif[/IMG]

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
View Quote

I wouldn't worry about that crowd at all.  Nobody's shed a tear for Polly Klass' killer.

As a kid I remember playing outside until the street lamp came on without a care in the world.  I wish I could do something to that guy without the fear of jail.  Kids shouldn't be afraid.  People who do things like that to kids should be afraid.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
My wife sometimes thinks I'm over protective because I NEVER let my 5yr old son out of my sight.We live in a rural wooded setting and even there my son never goes out side without me right beside him.

I don't mean to sound paranoid but there's evil every where you look today.I could put an almost instant stop to child abuse if I was Fuhrer.

We sure have come a long way in our liberal society haven't we?50 yrs ago the men in town would have had a public hanging over something like this while the sheriff was conveniently in the other end of the county handling a cat in a tree call.

Here in the south we used to let the community handle things like this and that put the fear of God into people.Without fear of retribution what's to stop people from acting out their perverted fantasies?

My Dad tells a story of when he was a kid.When he was 10 or so his dad took him to a place where a man was hanging from a tree.He told my dad this man had been caught in the act of raping a woman.Naturally there wasn't too many rapes in this county(Alabama).
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Prayers to her family.

No mercy to her killer.

No parent should have to live through the death of their child.

Drawing and quartering would be a perfect way to end this asshole's existence.

God I hate people that abuse kids!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I am truly P*ss*ed off, knowing that she didn't even have a chance at life...To be taken at a young age from the security of her family. Not even given a chance to enjoy life.

When we heard about it on tues...my daughtr (8) was watching the news with me. She was listening to Samantha's friend talk to the reporter about what happened. After it was over she asked me what happened, so i explianed it better to her. "Mom, i hope she comes home, her mom and dad will miss her, and she can finish her game with her friend".  I just broke her the news that they did find her, that she won't be able to play with her friend anymore, that the monster took her away from her parents  forever. That she'll be under god's supervision now.
But like I also told my children (6, son) Why do you think we don't let you guys walk to school (we live 2 blocks away), you are to only stay on our block, Not to talk to strangers. We don't even have anybody but our families babysit the kids, ect... They understand the they are very important to us that we wouldn't want anything to happen to them, because if someone would harm them.  I would hate for them to meet up with thier DAD...AR-SNIPER-15
I know times have changed since when we were all young, you was able to stay out till the street lamps came on, but heck you can't even let them out of your sight..can't trust anybody anymore..
My prayers to the family....I hope they catch the B*st*rd, and ...I'm sorry to graphic to write....but you get my idea..
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#30]
For those who believe, you know she has now seen the face of GOD.  Her killer will someday see the wrath of GOD.  I do not believe in the idea of "love the sinner, hate the sin."  Because I hate this sinner and hope he does spend eternity in HELL.

I have two children.  The oldest, almost five, has Autism and I worry the most about him.  I would not hesitate to severely cripple someone who hurt him or even attempted to.  Children are too precious to hurt.  That is about the highest level of evil attainable.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#31]
At least we can now know that Samantha will never be harmed again, now that God's caring, loving eyes will protect her for eternity in Heaven.

And the terrible B@stard who murdered the innocent little girl, well, we all know that he has just won himself a direct ticket to a flaming eternity in Hell, with the Devil himself to punish him every second.

[USA]
Rest In Peace, Samantha
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#32]
When I first heard news about this, it tore me UP. I have a daughter near the same age. This person who did this does NOT deserve the privilege of being tried by his peers. He deserves death. NOTHING short. If all the bleeding hearts out there manage to get this person life sentence, I HOPE he gets it in the keester every DAY.

A man can only turn the other check so many times!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My wife sometimes thinks I'm over protective because I NEVER let my 5yr old son out of my sight.We live in a rural wooded setting and even there my son never goes out side without me right beside him.

I don't mean to sound paranoid but there's evil every where you look today.I could put an almost instant stop to child abuse if I was Fuhrer.
View Quote

Why does Calif. get more than its share of these types of heinous crimes?

You're not paranoid. My wife NEVER lets any of our children outside, unless there is an responsible adult watching them(ie me or my wife).

There will be a special place in hell for these type of murders.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not paranoid. My wife NEVER lets any of our children outside, unless there is an responsible adult watching them(ie me or my wife).

There will be a special place in hell for these type of murders.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#36]
We need to come up with a Grorge Carlin type exicution for these people. People will be able to watch it on tv. I think it might make a better deturrent than our current methods.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The sun is frying their brains... i should know, I live here. I see it... Stanton is only 10 miles from where I live.

First of all, Sheriff Carona WILL get this prick. Carona is not a good man, he is a GREAT one. I have no doubt ...

...UNLESS!!!!

The guy offs himself. THAT would suck because I would really like to see him PLEAD for his life as we issue him a one way ticket to hell.

View Quote

I'm not a racist, but I will be that this perp is probably somewhere in Mexico by now, but being in Mexico is no safe heaven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top