Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 5:54:12 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/16/burned.kitten.ap/[/url]

LIBERTY, Missouri (AP) -- A man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly burning a kitten on a barbecue grill as several other people stood around and watched in amusement.

A witness pulled the scorched, 7-week-old tabby from the hot coals, but it was severely injured and had to be put to death, police said.

"They kept saying, `Meow, meow,' and they were poking at it with a stick," said Sherry Scott, who burned her hand grabbing the kitten.

Charles C. Benoit, 24, was charged with animal abuse, punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. He was jailed on $10,000 bail.

Jim Roberts, spokesman for the Clay County prosecutor's office, said he does not expect anyone else to be charged, because no witnesses could identify the others.

Scott said that on Friday night, she saw 10 or 12 people at the barbecue grill in the courtyard of the apartment complex where she lives. Scott said she asked what they were cooking, and they said it was a cat. She said the group taunted her, daring her to rescue the cat.

She said the group scattered when she threatened to call police. She said she pulled the kitten from where it had been shoved into the coals at the back of the grill. Its tail, whiskers, fur, eyes and throat were scorched.

"I called him Lucky because I thought I got him out of there just in time," she said.

Scott said she and other residents stayed up Friday night trying to nurse the kitten with an eye dropper of milk. But animal control officers decided that because of its respiratory injuries and inability to swallow food, it had to be destroyed.

"If you would have seen him, you would have cried," said Sheri Simpson, one of the residents who helped care for the kitten.

View Quote

people like this need to be taken out in the street and beat sensless..
And no cat recipe jokes!

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
No, they need to be tossed into a pit of burning coals, and poked with a stick!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Reading this made me ill. It's one thing when you can blame it on just one person, who is probably not right in the head and needs to be treated (put down like a sick animal) before they graduate to serial killing.

This was a group of people who just don't give a f*ck. These people weren't nuts, they're just plain old banal evil. Imagine what these people would be like in a SHTF situation, unrestrained by a fear of the police. You think they'd stop with small animals?

I mean, damn. These people need to be set on fire for a bit, just to spread the love around.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Reminds me of this kid from High School who shoved an M-80 up a cats ass and threw it onto the football field.  Wow, that was a mess!  Its a sick act, but man I hate cats.

Hopefully, this guy will get his in prison.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reminds me of this kid from High School who shoved an M-80 up a cats ass and threw it onto the football field.  Wow, that was a mess!  Its a sick act, but man I hate cats.

View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "It's a sick act, but man I hate cats" ?   Like, maybe it's not so bad, really, because you don't like cats?  Hope I'm reading it wrong.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing fancy for a piece of sh1t like that.  Just a 45 to the back of the head.  And soon before it breeds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#7]
This guy will do time over this BS!  I hope he gets poked and raped everyday.  The people who were watching this and laughing should also be punished.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

i hate idiots like that. i dont care if people dont like certian animals. i do draw the line at plain out abuse.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Sombody should throw some clorine in the gene pool. Many violent criminals got their start abusing animals. Im not fond of cats either but crap like this makes me SICK!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I too hate cats, but I'll also be the first to tell you guys that I was broken hearted when my wifes cat disappeared a few years ago.  

I gathered all of the neighborhood kids together from our apartment complex, offered a sizable reward, and sent them out searching under every possible rock within a several block radius.  A group of kids working together found her and brought her back home to us unharmed...

We were so relieved, that I payed off every single kid that was in the prty that found her, and then treated all of them to a pizza party.  It cost me a lot of money that day, to be able to continue hating my adorable cat!

Urodoji doesn't care to much for her, but she really likes him...  Although I think she'd like him better with BBQ sauce!  [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I havent been this mad in a long time.

Paper

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I inherited two cats when I was married...although I'm not crazy about them I would never dream of harming them in this manner!  They need to throw the book at this vermin who is disguised as a human.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I really hope people like this die very long slow painfull deaths.

I used to hate cats, then I got some, now I love them dearly.  If I found my cat on the BBQ I'm not sure I could control my actions.  

May someone roast his ass/(and other parts) on a grill.

It takes a really sick f&^% to enjoy torturing animals for the perverse thrill of it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#15]
i think justice would be served by taking him down to the zoo and putting him in the tiger cage just before feeding time. invite all his "friends" to watch.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm glad to see that so many of my fellow AR15's recognize a sick f&$K when they hear about one.

There is no excuse for torturing animals like this.

I also agree with the sentiment that sick f&$k's like Charles C. Benoit often go on to practice their skills on women and children.

It's jsut amazing how these things never happen in front of people like those on this board.

I can guarantee you that "Chuck" would have had a size 11 in need of surgical removal, had he toasted this cat in front of me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Idiot BBQs Kitten. - it lives
View Quote

It got 9 lives.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#18]
WTF is up with this pile of crap?  Put a cat in a BBQ alive?  How about putting this fucker in a grill alive?

Takes a real tough man to inflict pain on a fucking kitten!

Chicken shit lame-ass!

Try that crap on something that will fight back and watch your ass get BBQ'd.

Better yet, why don't we get someone to shove a red hot poker up his ass, you know, for fun.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's jsut amazing how these things never happen in front of people like those on this board.
View Quote

I think that's generaly because most of us here have better people to hang out with.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:28:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Some assclown totally destroyed the faces of two of my mother-in-law's cats and both had to be put to sleep.  I don't like cats either, but we've got three and if anyone attempted to BBQ them, I'd treat them the same as if they were harming one of my kids.

Being cruel to animals is a bad sign of horrible things to come.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top