Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 10:41:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They are doctors that specialize in glands.

Your doctor may have concern that your daughter's pineal gland may not be working normally. IIRC it controls growth rate.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
hormones and glands.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
. . .Your doctor may have concern that your daughter's pineal gland may not be working normally. IIRC it controls growth rate.
View Quote

Pituitary?

Wanna hear a less tricky name for one hormone that plays a role in growth?  I think that you'll remember this one and not get it confused with something else:
Growth Hormone.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya, pituitary.

I always got those 2 confused in anatomy class.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ya, pituitary.

I always got those 2 confused in anatomy class.
View Quote

That's ok, Imbro.  Put enough lead through either location and the perp is in trouble.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My wife got a phone call today from my daughter's pediatrician concerned that my daughter has not really grown in the last few visits to the dr's office. They want to see her again in a month and if she has not grown, they want her to see an endocrinologist.

What the heck does one of those do and I wonder what the dr is thinking about my kid?

Now my kid does have a few heart problems and I know that a few other kids that have heart probs are small for their age. Wonder if that has anything to do.
View Quote

I have a nephew who's about 2 1/2.  Apparently his body isn't producing enough growth hormone (he's a little guy).
The endocrinologist prescribed Human Growth Hormone (HGH).
So, every night his dad gives him a shot of HGH.
Ouch!
Poor little fella.  It's for his own good.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They are doctors that specialize in glands.

Your doctor may have concern that your daughter's [red]pineal gland[/red] may not be working normally. IIRC it controls growth rate.
View Quote

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the minds eye!

If ya'll want some very interesting reading, do a Google search on "Pineal Gland"...  What you will learn is simply amazing, but is also what ancient civilizations have known for eons!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top