Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:26:16 AM EDT
I'm calling bullshit.  Since bath Salts are not illegal in some states, I believe the Feds are making shit up as a reason to pass a federal ban on that shit.  More government control.  Reminds me of this.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]
My assumption is: most of these people are schizophrenic already.

Also, I'd assume that this shit happens every single day, the media has just decided to pickup on it and run with it - for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
TAG cause I have no idea what this bath salt thing is all about
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Calgon, take me awayyyyyyy.....braaaaains...
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm calling bullshit.  Since bath Salts are not illegal in some states, I believe the Feds are making shit up as a reason to pass a federal ban on that shit.  More government control.  Reminds me of this.

http://originalhoopla.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/marijuana_propaganda_poster1.jpg

You do realize that "bath salts" is the street slang/term for a mix of cocaine/LSD and something else don't you?
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Major Munchies
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#7]
It could simply be a factor of those particular substances triggering or exacerbating latent psychological problems.

Quoted:

You do realize that "bath salts" is the street slang/term for a mix of cocaine/LSD and something else don't you?

No, these are forms of mephedrone, methylone, or MDPV.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm calling bullshit. Since bath Salts are not illegal in some states, I believe the Feds are making shit up as a reason to pass a federal ban on that shit. More government control. Reminds me of this.

http://originalhoopla.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/marijuana_propaganda_poster1.jpg

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

for reals?

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah... so that explains why I get nothing after cooking down and smoking Mr. Bubble.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm calling bullshit. Since bath Salts are not illegal in some states, I believe the Feds are making shit up as a reason to pass a federal ban on that shit. More government control. Reminds me of this.

for reals?

Um, no.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah... so that explains why I get nothing after cooking down and smoking Mr. Bubble.

freebasing mr.bubbles?
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't buy it.

Crazy people are crazy.  Crazy people on drugs are still crazy.

And to this day I have not seen a lab report that supposedly shows the Miami face eater was in fact on "bath salts".  Just some bullshit plattitudes about how it's "difficult to test for".  

Whatever.  This stuff has apparently been sold for several years, and it has a rep for making some people do some crazy shit, but no doubt that same person would do shit just as crazy if they were just drunk.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

it's also the name for the junk you can find in head shops. Pretty sure that's what the uproar is about.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a sister that works as an ER. Doc.  she has seen some people come through the ER that were high on that stuff.  She said it really messed up their brains.  Think. REALLY WICKED hallucinations.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#16]
What is it?
A synthetic, stimulant powder product that contains amphetamine-like chemicals, including mephedrone, which may have a high risk for overdose. Because the drug is new and some of the contents unknown, using it in any way is highly dangerous.10 Right now, bath salts are illegal in a growing number of U.S. states, as well as foreign countries like Canada, Australia and Great Britain.11

The Risks
Between January and February 2011, there were over 250 calls to U.S. poison centers related to bath salts. This is well over the 236 calls received for all of 2010.10 Bath salts are a dangerous drug whose full risks and effects are still unknown. What doctors at poison centers have reported is that bath salts can cause rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, chest pains, agitation, hallucinations, extreme paranoia and delusions.10

abovetheinfluence.com/facts/drugsbathsalts
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't buy it.

Crazy people are crazy.  Crazy people on drugs are still crazy.

And to this day I have not seen a lab report that supposedly shows the Miami face eater was in fact on "bath salts".  Just some bullshit plattitudes about how it's "difficult to test for".  

Whatever.  This stuff has apparently been sold for several years, and it has a rep for making some people do some crazy shit, but no doubt that same person would do shit just as crazy if they were just drunk.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Hallucinations? Yes.  I'm sure the effects differ, depending on the person.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Long term psychotic breaks

Loss of limbs through vasoconstriction.

Organ damage from dehydration (Rhabdomyolysis)

Serotonin syndrome

Liver damage from toxic synthesis byproducts.

... Be safe kiddies  

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#20]
MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, is a synthetic cathinone. Cathinone occurs naturally in the East African evergreen shrub known as khat. MDPV acts as a stimulant and can have similar effects as amphetamines.

Although MDPV and other cathinones have been used medically as an appetite suppressant, their appearance as recreational drugs is fairly new. The salt- or sugar-like clumps are marketed online or in retail outlets as "plant food" or "bath salts" to get around drug-control laws.

Source: The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Until you've had to deal with a few people who are on it, you have no frame of reference.

Quoted:

Not around here
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Until you've had to deal with a few people who are on it, you have no frame of reference.

LOL, Ok bro.  I bet you say the same thing about people on cocaine and marijuana.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LOL, Ok bro.  I bet you say the same thing about people on cocaine and marijuana.

We are having to deal with a whacked out bath salts person EVERY DAY around here. It is a GROWING problem, and no laughing matter
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, is a synthetic cathinone. Cathinone occurs naturally in the East African evergreen shrub known as khat. MDPV acts as a stimulant and can have similar effects as amphetamines.

Although MDPV and other cathinones have been used medically as an appetite suppressant, their appearance as recreational drugs is fairly new. The salt- or sugar-like clumps are marketed online or in retail outlets as "plant food" or "bath salts" to get around drug-control laws.

Source: The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction

Not cocaine or LSD.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, Ok bro. I bet you say the same thing about people on cocaine and marijuana.

We are having to deal with a whacked out bath salts person EVERY DAY around here. It is a GROWING problem, and no laughing matter

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, us too. They see some crazy shit in their minds and they become very combative.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Its not the bath salts that women like to put in laundry or their bubble baths...  it is a mix of different crushed drugs and the street slang for it is bath salts.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm going to take a bubble bath tonight and hunt some flesh.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, cocaine is expensive.  "Bath Salts" are a cocktail of synthetic drugs that vary considerably.  Basically they are skirting drug laws by the fact that most drug laws call out specific chemical compounds (e.g. lysergic acid diethylamide) or extracts from specific plants (e.g. marijuana).  These are designer drugs that are synthesized.  As these designer drugs are made illegal (e.g. ecstasy) the formulators tweek their drug to come up with something slightly different that the law does not prohibit, but will have the desired effect.  This creates a couple of problems:

1.) Because they are synthesizing new drugs to get around existing laws, many times these drugs are completely novel and there is no data or history to judge their safety.

2,) To get the desired effect they are typically making a cocktail of several (three to four sometimes) designer drugs.  There is usually no data or history of combing these drugs and what the overall effect might be on the human body.  

3.) The actual content of "Bath Salts" is constantly changing.  As new laws are passed that prohibit compounds currently in use, new compounds are synthesized and put into production.  So, "Bath Salts" today are different from "Bath Salts" six months ago.

I do believe that some of these combinations of designer drugs do have novel effects that are unlikely to be seen from prior generation of recreational drugs.  I think it is important to realize that the whole "Bath Salts" phenomena is a side effect of current drug prohibition laws.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

he either uses it, is ignorant, or has no real idea to the effects of....

its a pure chemical, not that different then meth...but no one should impede on your freeeeeeeedom, so smoke away
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

its a pure chemical, not that different then meth...but no one should impede on your freeeeeeeedom, so smoke away

And here I am, on the verge of cueing up the clapping seals...... OP, where did ya go?
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, us too. They see some crazy shit in their minds and they become very combative.

Hey, at least they aren't sitting around at home high on marijuana, playing video games and killing all the Cheetos.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, Ok bro. I bet you say the same thing about people on cocaine and marijuana.

LOL.  Yeah, I use it. Not.  Nice projection.  Hurray for the war on drugs!  Now get back to work trolling for pot heads to lock up.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AFAIK, it is a mix.  The makers are constantly changing it to avoid direct violation of law.  Still illegal under analog act.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, at least they aren't sitting around at home high on marijuana, playing video games and killing all the Cheetos.

We all know that is bullshit, marijuana makes black men want to rape white women, just ask the resident JBT's.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

LOL.  Yeah, I use it. Not.  Nice projection.  Hurray for the war on drugs!  Now get back to work trolling for pot heads to lock up.

Thats funny,we don't lock up potheads around here unless they are growing and distributing.

Quoted:

It would be better for everyone if they did
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL. Yeah, I use it. Not. Nice projection. Hurray for the war on drugs! Now get back to work trolling for pot heads to lock up.

Thats funny,we don't lock up potheads around here unless they are growing and distributing.
sure you dont.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny how most perps picked up for OTHER crimes (B&E, A&B etc) either test positive or have prior charges for CS.   Nearly all are inkies too.  Turds will be turds.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFAIK, it is a mix.  The makers are constantly changing it to avoid direct violation of law.  Still illegal under analog act.

You can bet your last dollar that all of the attention, hand wringing, and drama recently about this drug is because some congress critter has crafted yet another law "for the children" which will enable the government to pick our pockets and infringe on our privacy and rights just a wee bit more.  

For the children, it has bits of real children in it, so you know it's good!

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL. Yeah, I use it. Not. Nice projection. Hurray for the war on drugs! Now get back to work trolling for pot heads to lock up.

Funny how most perps picked up for OTHER crimes (B&E, A&B etc) either test positive or have prior charges for CS. Nearly all are inkies too. Turds will be turds.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
sure you dont.

Most casual users tend to get their baggie upended and the contents get windtested.

Casual use results in  an appearance ticket with a minimal fine as an outcome. Not even worth doing the paperwork.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not much we can do around here about it legally. They've passed a couple of laws that specify a couple of compounds, but as you noted, they just change the chemical makeup.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#43]
If people had access to he real stuff they wouldnt need the bathsalts. People are going to get high regardless.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sure you dont.

Most casual users tend to get their baggie upended and the contents get windtested.

Casual use results in an appearance ticket with a minimal fine as an outcome. Not even worth doing the paperwork.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/opinion/examining-marijuana-arrests.html

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Bath salts is not the only drug that has been common between the cases. All of them have had multiple drugs in there system. Xan bars can cause all kinds of wackadoodle by themselves and you mix bathsalts and other shit with it you get Zombie!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how most perps picked up for OTHER crimes (B&E, A&B etc) either test positive or have prior charges for CS. Nearly all are inkies too. Turds will be turds.

Laugh all you want, but it's pretty rare to find a criminal that isn't using a controlled substance.  There is a constellation of behaviors that go along with criminal activity.

That said, I personally have changed my views from being a strict prohibitionist to favoring legalization of at least the softer drugs (cannabis for sure).  The societal costs of prohibition have just proven to be too high, especially when compared to the reward.  And, before anyone asks, I have never used and never intend to.  Few things will fuck up your life faster and more thoroughly than substance abuse.  That said, I believe we have an inalienable right to fuck up our lives.  However, I believe that the penalties for letting your bad choices intrude into other people's lives should be extremely severe.

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Thats NYPD. NOT Upstate. NYPD..the same guys who'll go after your legal folding knife by claiming its an auto knife by opening it by holding the blade and rotating...or who sends two carloads of guys Upstate after a guy on a minor warrant and then beats the guy up in the car for 4 hours on the trip back to NYC, and gets everyone involved in the arrest sued...... Yeah, THAT agency
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#48]
And I got blasted when I suggested letting them have Free Drugs that left them sterile

Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no it isnt. its a synthetic drug that isnt detected in standard urine test and blood test. you have to do a specific test to detect bath salts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top