Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 4:35:27 PM EDT
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020716/ap_on_re_us/attacks_redevelopment_7[/url]

Can't believe no one proposed putting up one big building, with a base as large of the two towers, and making it 2 feet taller than the tallest tower (to represent unity and remembrance of the two fallen towers).

That seems much more fitting and "in your face" to the terrorists than a hotel and some office space.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
These designs are lame.  Making the WTC site into a ho-hum office complex is akin to saying "I won't aspire to anything anymore.  Please don't hurt me".

Why not just build a giant rock to hide under.

Rebuild to at least what was there before.  Or better yet:  the same basic design, with structural improvements, and added height.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
  I am probably gonna get my ass flamed for this but what the hell!. You only live once.

I appreciate the symbolism involved in building another structure but would anybody in there right mind insure another building?

I mean in reality wouldn't this become the #1 target again when it is finished?

Edited to add: By the way, if they do decide on another building. It should be the tallest in the world. Who has the tallest building in the world now?

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These designs are lame.  Making the WTC site into a ho-hum office complex is akin to saying "I won't aspire to anything anymore.  Please don't hurt me".

Why not just build a giant rock to hide under.

Rebuild to at least what was there before.  Or better yet:  the same basic design, with structural improvements, and added height.
View Quote

Exactly..."please Mr. Terrorist man, don't hurt me.  I promise I won't dare build any symbol of capitalism and freedom to annoy your radical Islamic senses!"   simper, whine, pee my pants.  

What a bunch of pussies.  Or, more likely, someone just looking to make a quick buck at the expense of making a statement.

Easier just to put a mega-mall/office space/hotel complex and start taking in the rents than to put up a grand scheme building that says, "screw you Joey Jihad!"
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Who has the tallest building in the world now?
View Quote

The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur at 1,483 ft.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Make them taller. Mount SAMs, as well as CWIS (Close-in-weapon-systems) on all sides. Load those puppies up with depleted uranium bullets...

mugzilla
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I know this is old, and I'm paraphrasing from an email, but here goes:

"I think we should build the two towers back, with an even taller one between them, so that it looks like a giant middle finger pointed straight back at the fvckers who did this."

FOTBR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top