Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 12:06:33 PM EDT
Looking for something to replace my gas guzzling SUV and the suzuki Aerio has caught my eye. Took a drive in one and it was'nt to bad.

What the general opinion on Suzuki autos???

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
hey, meat man, here is a link to some photos of my ZOOK. I love my Suzuki, this is the third one i have owned. It's small but is a great hunting rig.
[url]http://www.imageevent.com/teita/zook[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I rented a Vitara (or however they're spelled) in Las Vegas one time.  I was impressed -- they actually put THREE squirrels under the hood.

I've heard that Suzuki has the lowest customer-satisfaction rating of any automaker.  Although the rental didn't break down or blow up, I was disappointed with it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
"I've heard that Suzuki has the lowest customer-satisfaction rating of any automaker"

Well,that's because they have very little car products,until recently.I like the look and ideas of the new Suzuki cars,but here's what I have to say,I got one of thier bikes,and Suzuki does make the best motorcycles in the world,and that's the truth.I don't see why the cars would be different.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
i spent the summer before last making numerous trips to kalifornistan, and since i was spending someone else's money, i always went with the cheapest rentals.

in the ultracheap class, i was most impressed with the suzuki. tight handling and a slightly peppy engine. waaaay better than the chevy cavalier that i got one time - total POS - the design of the instrument panel actually made me laugh, and the handlign and pickup were atrocious. (fully tested on mountain roads.)
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't own one bu I am impressed with them.  Their subsidiary makes a lot of cars and SUVs and vans in India, and they are tough (have to be in that environment).  Also Suzuki made/makes some of the Chevy Geo cars (like the Tracker).  I'd own a Vitara, just wish it had a better name.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd own a Vitara, just wish it had a better name.

GunLvr
View Quote

Get a [b]Grand Vitara[/b] [;D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a GEO Metro. Not one problem in 110,000 miles.Averaged 52 mpg on the highway and 46+ in town.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they are shit.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]
i had a grand vitara as a rental for about 10 days. i was VERY impressed with it. actually felt on par with my 2000 Discovery (no im serious) good power, smooth ride, quiet interior and the fit and finish made me feel like i was in a toyota.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:40:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
hey, meat man, here is a link to some photos of my ZOOK. I love my Suzuki, this is the third one i have owned. It's small but is a great hunting rig.
[url]http://www.imageevent.com/teita/zook[/url]
View Quote

Dammit! Man, Why did ya have to go and show Me that! I already miss My old "Zook", now I realy do.

Nice little truck Huh!? Where did You find all of the neet-o stuff on Her? Like the flairs, Header, and roof rack? I could never find anything like that for Mine.

Nice Bird too!. Do You train Them or just Help Them?

ex-Zooker,
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Dammit! Man, Why did ya have to go and show Me that! I already miss My old "Zook", now I realy do.

Nice little truck Huh!? Where did You find all of the neet-o stuff on Her? Like the flairs, Header, and roof rack? I could never find anything like that for Mine.

Nice Bird too!. Do You train Them or just Help Them?

ex-Zooker,
Tall Shadow
View Quote

Believe it or not there is a thriveing market out there for Samurai stuff. There are several companies that specialize in making aftermarket items for Zooks. There is even a national club and there is a local club here in Idaho.
The falcons i use for killing ducks and pheasants(for the big falcons) and doves and quail with the small falcons.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got an 86 Samurai and I love it.  My brother and father also each own one.  Mine's an 86.  I just put on the Weber carb and today I'm putting on a header and an EZ-locker in the rear end.  They are great little trail trucks for the Colorado mountains.  I still have to get a spring over and gears for it.  My brother has tons of stuff done to his.  Gust go to izook.com and you can find all the aftermarket stuff you want.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#13]
NO THE JAP YUGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top