Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/3/2012 4:39:56 PM EDT
This actually happened a few weeks ago but I figured I'd share.  My buddy at school went to go take a shit in one of the bathrooms.  When he walked into the stall,  this is what he found.  

He called campus PD which responded within a couple of minutes.  After initial questioning and him giving them his ID, they actually started giving him shit about the gun because he has a CCW.  So naturally that means he would bring his gun to school and then call the cops on himself .  After they moved on from that crap, one went and got a camera so they could take pictures for their report.  Those on scene asked my buddy their questions, took his info, and told him they'd give him a call if they needed anything.

Here's the kicker.........Turns out it was the Police Chiefs duty weapon.  He went to go take a shit and wedged his gun back there so it wouldn't weigh down his pants and make them touch the floor.  After he was finished taking the browns to the superbowl, he left and forgot this small little token.  My buddy, who is a Paulbot, actively posts on one of the local news station's facebook page.  He told them about it so they contacted the school.  

The chief was pretty adamant about keeping it a secret that he was taken a shit and was vigilant in making it clear that it was found, "on a urinal."  I guess he was a little embarrassed about going poopy.  Which to me is the last thing I would have been embarrassed about, at that point.  

He then said he was going to enroll himself into a 4 hour weapons safety course which was, "More than [he] would ever give one of [his] subordinates as they would have only received a verbal reprimand."

For our LEO's on the site:  What is typical of your department when an officer loses a duty weapon? -Just curious because I'm not familiar with what is SOP with these type of things.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock?  What Glock?  I will say that the toilet flushed sorta funny, but I didn't see any Glock.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]
22?

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
doodie weapon!!!11!!

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be my new drop piece if I had found it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Poop thread
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Should be fired for treating a Glock 19 that way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For our LEO's on the site:  What is typical of your department when an officer loses a duty weapon? -Just curious because I'm not familiar with what is SOP with these type of things.

Keep in mind, considering he's Chief, so he kinda makes the rules... The only people he answers to is the Board of Directors or whoever runs the school.  Typically a LOST firearm is a pretty big deal, because if you can't keep up with a firearm, what else are you going to lose.  Now a stolen firearm is a whole different story.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
doodie weapon!!!11!!

Fucking A you got it tonight!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I cannot believe some cop with ADHD leaving a steamer and a sidearm in the terlet
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
poop thread..

lets lock it down gentlemen..
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Ask Gil Kerlikowske about the punishment for losing your gun.

Where's your gun Gil?

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]

How much time passed between the finding of the weapon and the Chief backtracking to the stall?

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This actually happened a few weeks ago but I figured I'd share.  My buddy at school went to go take a shit in one of the bathrooms.  When he walked into the stall,  this is what he found.  

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/sturmjr/photo-1.jpg

He called campus PD which responded within a couple of minutes.  After initial questioning and him giving them his ID, they actually started giving him shit about the gun because he has a CCW.  So naturally that means he would bring his gun to school and then call the cops on himself .  After they moved on from that crap, one went and got a camera so they could take pictures for their report.  Those on scene asked my buddy their questions, took his info, and told him they'd give him a call if they needed anything.

Here's the kicker.........Turns out it was the Police Chiefs duty weapon.  He went to go take a shit and wedged his gun back there so it wouldn't weigh down his pants and make them touch the floor.  After he was finished taking the browns to the superbowl, he left and forgot this small little token.  My buddy, who is a Paulbot, actively posts on one of the local news station's facebook page.  He told them about it so they contacted the school.  

The chief was pretty adamant about keeping it a secret that he was taken a shit and was vigilant in making it clear that it was found, "on a urinal."  I guess he was a little embarrassed about going poopy.  Which to me is the last thing I would have been embarrassed about, at that point.  

He then said he was going to enroll himself into a 4 hour weapons safety course which was, "More than [he] would ever give one of [his] subordinates as they would have only received a verbal reprimand."

It really depends on the department.

We had an officer do something very similar a few years ago and IIRC he got a week off without pay and a letter in his file. He was an otherwise excellent officer with almost 20 years on so I am sure that was taken into account when his punishment was decided.

ETA: I'm no admin hater but he's the chief so that almost guarantees little to no punishment.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

no fucking shit. can you imagine the shit storm that would ensue if someone got popped with the chief of police's doody gun? fucking epic.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats fucking gross!!  WHo the hell would put their weapon in a shit infested position?  He ought to have his ass chewed by his super, what a a doofus.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
It's something you can great at a local shop....not a big deal to lose it but still shouldnt happen.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#17]
You don't have to pre-soak Glocks before you boil them.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I would have been like "Yay, I found another free gun on a toilet".

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Totally disassemble it and let him go on a scavenger hunt around campus.

There are what? 33 pieces in a Glock? Plus each cartridge. That's enough for a weekend of fun for the police department.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's something you can great at a local shop....not a big deal to lose it but still shouldnt happen.

I'd say losing a $500 lethal weapon is a pretty "big deal."

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Underwear hammock is the only way to go if you must take your gun off to poop.

Poop thread?

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Poop thread!
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Hahaha what a f-ed up story!  From the campus PD giving the guy shit, to the chief's trying to lie about #1 or #2.  I think if your buddy ever questioned his being a Paulbot, this just served as confirmation.  Which brings up an interesting question: So, if a chief will lie about where he leaves his duty weapon, what else is he willing to stretch the truth on here and there?

And I don't know about punishment in the LEO world, but I know that losing your weapon in the Army would get you anything from a reprimand to loss of rank at minimum.  If you left it in the barracks or something, you might get a verbal, but anywhere else you'd get your ass handed to you.  I guess it depends on how much of a f-up you are.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Shitty situation
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I would be INCREDIBLY suprised if it got reported as "lost"...

More likely there would be a reported "Burglary from a Vehicle" the same day or the next day with the weapon's ID and SN documented in the report.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Totally disassemble it and let him go on a scavenger hunt around campus.

There are what? 33 pieces in a Glock? Plus each cartridge. That's enough for a weekend of fun for the police department.

You could probably substitute a ball point pen cartridge for a 3/32" punch.  Leave it in a pile of parts on the back of the shitter and watch the hilarity unfold.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#27]
shoulda pawnshopped that piece.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#28]
It would have been interesting if some dude with bad aim used that stall to take a leak.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hahaha what a f-ed up story!  From the campus PD giving the guy shit, to the chief's trying to lie about #1 or #2.  I think if your buddy ever questioned his being a Paulbot, this just served as confirmation.  Which brings up an interesting question: So, if a chief will lie about where he leaves his duty weapon, what else is he willing to stretch the truth on here and there?

And I don't know about punishment in the LEO world, but I know that losing your weapon in the Army would get you anything from a reprimand to loss of rank at minimum.  If you left it in the barracks or something, you might get a verbal, but anywhere else you'd get your ass handed to you.  I guess it depends on how much of a f-up you are.

There would be a smoke-sesh of epic proportions.  Leaving my weapon unattended is probably my number one Army fear.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep in mind, considering he's Chief, so he kinda makes the rules... The only people he answers to is the Board of Directors or whoever runs the school.  Typically a LOST firearm is a pretty big deal, because if you can't keep up with a firearm, what else are you going to lose.  Now a stolen firearm is a whole different story.

The whole stolen firearm thing is why he called.  He called me after he called campus police and was waiting for them to show up.  He said he called them because he didn't know if it was stolen, used in a crime, or even set up as a sting type deal to see what students would do.  Like most colleges, there are a bunch of obama's children that hang in the campus area and prey on the students.  I'm very glad I have a home with the Mrs. and live far off campus.  There has been multiple armed robberies committed against students walking the paths back to their dorms and apartments and also a more violent home invasion recently, where a girl was pistol whipped by 3 black males who followed her into her apartment and then robbed her and took off.  She's lucky more didn't happen but the idiots live in the same apartment complex with her so they ended up catching them within 3 hours of it happening.

But yea, he called because he didn't know if it was used in one of the robberies and then dropped there by one of our more stellar students.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How much time passed between the finding of the weapon and the Chief backtracking to the stall?

The chief never came back for it.  They had taken it into evidence and I assume it wasn't until chief got wind of the gun found on campus that he realized something was missing on his belt.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow.  Just wow.  

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Now that's an upper decker.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#34]
What Glock? It looks like somebody drydocked a stinkpickle...
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Good thing your buddy didn't get nailed for calling in a bomb threat.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What Glock? It looks like somebody drydocked a stinkpickle...

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Given the cops' attitude, I hope that every opportunity is taken to embarrass the chief into something approaching suicide.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Move along.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I wish people would get their shit into the toilets instead of putting floaters on the rim.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Given the cops' attitude, I hope that every opportunity is taken to embarrass the chief into something approaching suicide.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't know if I would go that far, but he should be considering a  career change to something in fast food.  That is almost as bad but is more of a lingering death.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There would be a smoke-sesh of epic proportions.  Leaving my weapon unattended is probably my number one Army fear.

Haha that too.  Don't forget the 5ft of dummy cord being attached to the soldier's belt just so he doesn't forget it again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#43]
"I just took a shit.  I didn't see or smell anything out of the ordinary."

I found a gun in a shitter in a restaurant once.  I turned it in.  I'm not sure I would do the same thing again if the opportunity ever arose.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think he deserves to be humiliated? He enforces "no guns for serfs" rules.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

+1

BANG BANG

Just let your hand drop to your side and the gun slip out. Everyone will still think you've got it. They're gonna be staring at your face, Mike.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#46]
You should have pulled the mag out and crammed a turd in it, then reported it!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Video of a Glock toilet.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say losing a $500 lethal weapon is a pretty "big deal."

I don't mean it's a good thing to do....it's unprofessional...but he didn't lose a nuke or a class 3item.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Would've been funny if he had gotten Glock-Leg while sitting on the shitter with his  pants down.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Mind saying what school it was?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top