Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 5:32:42 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/716979/posts[/url]

What would happen if, instead, we returned to the idea of individual accountability, and gave up the totalitarian fantasies of
reparations and "social justice," in which oppressed classes exact retribution from their age-old oppressors? What if we returned
to the real world in which individuals commit indefensible misdemeanors (Los Angeles) and monstrous crimes (Wichita)? What if we
revived the idea of making the punishment fit the actual deed? Think of all the people who wouldn't know what to do with
themselves if that were to happen
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Individual accountability?  No thanks, sounds like too much work.  I'm happy letting the government think for me.  After all they know best.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
The Wichita Massacre
[img]http://www.frontpagemag.com/media/photos/wichita2.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/716976/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks 9divdoc...If that is not a wake up call then I've never seen one.  "Remember Wichita"...
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:31:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it still a hate crime if you kill people becuase you are jealus that they are HUMANS and you are not ?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#7]
It pain's me to say this, but Hank's right. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Not surprised.

Not surprised at all.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
be careful- you are about to cross the line into RACISM!

remember, being proud you are from africa is 'being true to your roots', and 'keeping it real'...

being proud that you are from europe is 'white supremacy', or at the very least 'eurocentric'...
View Quote

Alright i'll bite...

Hank,
Maybe that is the case and it shouldn't be so.
I personally feel that if people, regardless of color, are proud of their ancestry then there is nothing wrong with that.

Now regarding the crime, I do have to admit to some confusion. By what criteria do we say its a "hate crime"??? If we go by a history (e.g.- Affiliations, racial slurs, etc) then this case wouldn't fit that criteria but if we use the FBI's criteria as mentioned in the [u]Free Republic[/u] article then, yes, do to the actions.

I just see them as animals, the lowest form.

I believe their actions are deserving of the death penalty and would hae no problem with that if I were one of the jurors.

Originall posted by Philadelphia_GunMan

Is it still a hate crime if you kill people becuase you are jealus that they are HUMANS and you are not ?
View Quote

Do [b]YOU[/b] mean NOT HUMAN because of their [b]actions[/b] or because of their [b]race[/b]??

Their actions DEFINATELY are NOT HUMAN (e.g.- No feelings of guilt, no compassion, no feeling) so in this sense I agree but your statement seems a bit vague so I have to ask for clarification,

which is it??

9divdoc,
yes, we do need more individual accountability in this country.

Too many people looking for scapegoats these days.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#10]
 The liberal media is truly evil
View Quote

I could not agree more! And the media is able to pursue their agenda 24/7. I have said here before that the news media is worse than a lawyer! [BD]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
One night a construction crew foreman who was employed by my father got drunk, and took his .22 into the bathroom, and locked the door. He told his family he was going to kill himself. His son thought he heard a shot, and called 911. Two officers were dispatched for a "welfare check". They (one was a SWAT officer) entered the darkened house, and kicked in the bathroom door. Officer one yells "GUN!", and Officer two shot Ed three times in the chest, as he lay unconscious on his bathroom floor. This occured during the height of the scandal following the shooting of Amadou Diallo, when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson  prromised to lead the protest against any kind police brutality, regardless of what race was involved. But Ed and the two officers were all white, and no news story appeared in any newspaper. The only mention of the mans MURDER was his obituary.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
In most cases, a motive is used to establish that a crime (like  murder) was committed.

With a hate crime, the crime itsself is used to infer the motive.

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I meant the killers were not human becuase of what they did. Not becuase of their race. I thought since these 2 were so heinous in their crimes I didn't think anyone would take my comment as racist.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't care if the guys were green or purple.  Just give them the juice.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, this kind of disparity will continue as long as the media focuses on dumb-as-spit rednecks who hate black people and completely ignores dumb-as-spit homies who hate white people.  A friend of mine is teaching an "Upward Bound" program at a local program, which consists of "at risk" teenagers who are [b]paid[/b] to attend bulls*** courses at colleges during the summer.  14 of 16 students in her class are black.  When asked how they felt about race issues, they replied that white people were "ignant".  This coming from students who are failing out of high school...

Anyway, this isn't a "black people are dumb" post.  This is a "people are dumb" post, or maybe even a "newspeople are dumb" post.  Until we start feeling comfortable with the idea that black motherf***ers can commit hate crimes as easily as white motherf***ers, we're always going to have this double standard.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I meant the killers were not human becuase of what they did. Not becuase of their race. I thought since these 2 were so heinous in their crimes I didn't think anyone would take my comment as racist.
View Quote

No problem, just wanted clarification as i've seen other threads (not by you by the way) that went in that direction. I agree entirely with you but sometimes am annoyed by the statements OTHERS have made based SOLELY upon my race.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top