Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 5:26:41 PM EDT
In the spirit of previous posts, here is Mondy dinner for TRW.  Grilled tri-tip, and a heap of spinach.  My dining companions are a Colt Series 70 .45 Auto, cocked and locked and a Stainless Taurus M85.

Tri-tip was rubbed with salt,pepper and garlic powder and grilled about 10 minutes each side.

Not pictured is an Old Milwaukee to wash it all down with.

[img]http://members.aol.com:/zmurgist/graphics/dinner.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What is "tri-tip"?  Being from the Great Lakes region of the Midwest, I'm not familiar with that term.  Is that a strip or Porterhouse or something?  Spinach is good for your organs.

BTW, you guys really need some reading material with your dinners.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
mmmmmmmmmm tri-tip! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Tri-tip is similar to sirloin.  Yes, not only did I forget the beer but I forgot the gun mag!  Dessert was a bowl of Breyers Mint Chocolate chip!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing like the company of a series 70 colt for dinner....well except a nude Hooters girl or a Hawaiian Tropic model.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks good TRW. You must have a [u]very[/u] hot grill, because I've never been able to do tri-tip in 20 minutes. It's a very dense cut of beef.

SWS, USNJoe gives a pretty good explanation of what tri-tip is [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=130540]here[/url].
View Quote

Unfortunately my grill only knows two speeds....hellfire/brimstone and off!  It hasn't been right since the last cleaning I gave it.  The tri-tip was only about an inch thick and it came out medium well.  Mighty tasty!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top