Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 5:15:39 PM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=578&ncid=578&e=7&u=/nm/20020715/ts_nm/crime_kidnapping_dc_1[/url]

[b]Missing Utah Girl May Have Been Seen in Nebraska[/b]

[i]Mon Jul 15, 7:17 PM ET
By James Nelson[/i]

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - Police in Nebraska were investigating witness reports about a suspicious-looking group of men in a van with a young girl possibly fitting the description of kidnapped Utah teenager Elizabeth Smart, police said on Monday.

"They're treating it as a suspicious circumstance and we're in contact with them," Salt Lake City Police spokesman Capt. Scott Atkinson said.

[blue]The vehicle was described as a light blue or gray Chevrolet Astro van with Pennsylvania license plate number ECJ 1368. It was spotted at a Texaco service station on Thursday morning in Lincoln, Nebraska about 880 miles from Salt Lake City.[/blue]

"She was about 14 years of age. She was distraught and when a second person had looked into the van, they had pulled the young girl down," Elizabeth's uncle David Smart said, describing the witness reports in Nebraska, about 888 miles from Salt Lake City.

---------------------

[i]Probably a false alarm, but just in case anyone in Nebraska sees it. . . .[/i]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope they nail the bastards.

Although I doubt it is actually them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
True, but it might be another kidnapped kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top