Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 12:50:08 PM EDT
While most people are content to just be dry, warm and fed I prefer something more.

I guess it is the way a nice cold coke tastes even better after mowing the lawn in the summer heat.

When I sleep I love to sleep in a icebox. Drives the wife nuts. Nothing is better than a nice warm waterbed and a 65 degree room temp. In high school I'd leave the window open in January (Iowa figure 10 degrees) and crank my waterbed up to 100 degrees. Drove my Grandparents nuts.

I love going out to train at night in the rain. Soaked to the bone, cold as hell. We go out for 3-4 hours in the pouring stuff, even sideways rain. The mud and crap all over you is icing on the cake. Best feeling in the world to clean up and warm up from that. Sleep great.

Also something of a pain freak. I have a couple equally skewed buddies and we will literally hammer the crap out of each other for fun. The arms always get trashed. I've had huge knots on my shins and elbows. And on more than one occassion somebody gets clocked so hard they just drop and lay there until they can see straight and think again. Best part, soaking in a tub afterwards going "Damn that freaking hurts." The only one that was no fun was the time I shattered a tooth root getting tagged in the face. Oral Surgeons extracting a fragmented root is NOT fun.

So am I nuts? Or can anyone relate?

Gotta go mow the yard now, it's HOT outside.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You're a sick, sick man.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya, man, I hear ya.  I sleep with the window open in the winter sometimes, too, just because getting under 3 or 4 blankets feels better.  And I love spending 2 hours under the hot sun training, whooping butt and getting whooped, just to sit down at home in the A/C drinking a beer after taking a cool shower and thinking about how bad the bruises and sunburn hurt.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have this great club that you could join.  Oh yeah, the first rule of membership is that I can't tell you about the club . . . .  Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
oh god....memories of UMass....they crank the heat in the dorms to what must have been the lower 90's in the winter....you crack open the windows and get that crisp 15 degree air coming in....there was nothing better.

Ever since I still don't truly feel comfortable sleeping in a room higher than 70 degrees...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a club for you to join...

US Army. Go 11B, Airborne, then get a slot for Ranger school. You will be able to freeze your tush off, be cold and wet more than you ever dreamed of... The RI will give you all the fresh mud you ever wanted. It never rains in the army, it rains ON the Army!!!

I hear that the Navy has an even better program. You spend lots of time being wet and cold...

Just 4 or 6 years and you get a brand new M4 or M16 to boot. You might even get a body count along the way....
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got a club for you to join...

US Army. Go 11B, Airborne, then get a slot for Ranger school. You will be able to freeze your tush off, be cold and wet more than you ever dreamed of... The RI will give you all the fresh mud you ever wanted. It never rains in the army, it rains ON the Army!!!

I hear that the Navy has an even better program. You spend lots of time being wet and cold...

Just 4 or 6 years and you get a brand new M4 or M16 to boot. You might even get a body count along the way....
View Quote

Only problem with that is you can't go home at night, soak in a warm tub, get a blowjob from the wife and climb in a nice comfy bed.

If I could find a Boot Camp that lets you punch out at 5pm, I'd be all over it. I'd love to spend a day climbing shit and falling in the water, etc.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm under an electric blanket right now and the AC is cranked down to "frosty" and also have the ceiling fan on![:D] I'm not into the machochistic ruffhousing stuff though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While most people are content to just be dry, warm and fed I prefer something more.

I guess it is the way a nice cold coke tastes even better after mowing the lawn in the summer heat.

When I sleep I love to sleep in a icebox. Drives the wife nuts. Nothing is better than a nice warm waterbed and a 65 degree room temp. In high school I'd leave the window open in January (Iowa figure 10 degrees) and  my waterbed up to 100 degrees. Drove my Grandparents nuts.

I love going out to train at night in the rain. Soaked to the bone, cold as hell. We go out for 3-4 hours in the pouring stuff, even sideways rain. The mud and crap all over you is icing on the cake. Best feeling in the world to clean up and warm up from that. Sleep great.

can anyone relate?

View Quote

i love to sleep in the cold.  then i get really warm under my covers when i am asleep.  the coldest part of the yr my window is ed open, A/C running and fan going too. i like to sleep in the cold, what can i say.  but after i get out of the shower, the house better have been warmed up.  i  being cold and wet at the same time
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Big Bear..

Nah...  getting beat period till you bleed.. just because it feels good to bleed..    Isn't that what blood letting is about?  Feeling better?

George Washington died in a chair while blood letting and counting his heart beat...    true story ...

Cutters, cut themselves cause it feels so good..

Pullers, pull their hair out cause it feels so good...

It's all mental..  life is mental..

SteyrAug is definitely mental..  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#12]
"My contract was always 'no anal and no Ron Jeremy...'"
-- Tori Welles
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Big Bear..

Nah...  getting beat period till you bleed.. just because it feels good to bleed..    Isn't that what blood letting is about?  Feeling better?

George Washington died in a chair while blood letting and counting his heart beat...    true story ...

[;)]
View Quote

George Washington was sick and bleeding was considered a valid medical treatment at the time.  Unfortunately the doctor treating George Washington (and most doctors of the time) vastly overestimated how much blood the human body contained at the time and let too much out, killing the former president.

The way you write it you make it sound as if Washington did himself out of some masochistic pleasure trip.  He was killed by a doctor's medical malpractice.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#14]
BTW Steyr Aug,  you sound a little bit loopy to me too.

I like the cold myself and have ben known to seek out similar conditions and worse (-30 degrees Farenheit exposed on the ridge in the Presidential Range in NH with nothing between you and death but a tent and your sleeping gear.) However, I'll pass on the voluntary ass whupping though, my hobbies are rough enough on the body without adding intentional violence to the mix.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
BTW Steyr Aug,  you sound a little bit loopy to me too.

I like the cold myself and have ben known to seek out similar conditions and worse (-30 degrees Farenheit exposed on the ridge in the Presidential Range in NH with nothing between you and death but a tent and your sleeping gear.) However, I'll pass on the voluntary ass whupping though, my hobbies are rough enough on the body without adding intentional violence to the mix.
View Quote

Should have mentioned I'm heavy into martial arts. My buddies and I have been kicking the shit out of each other for 20 years.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0KwBiDKENCBMTedIDYoijNTIzMa6fbA7N7MgmpWhJAekQRkXMdgQYzkeOreWqh1wm37hxindDSic/K20.JPG[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0KwAAAKINMBNmz1a0D8MdUfOcYMF3BJUh0NhKEfjnUc59MTy!bQfDqkc3Ix656Ayjwf3fGJIgV18/K30.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Dad use to call this "Good Infantry Weather" I really wish it would rain here more, as I love training in the rain also.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

George Washington was sick and bleeding was considered a valid medical treatment at the time.  Unfortunately the doctor treating George Washington (and most doctors of the time) vastly overestimated how much blood the human body contained at the time and let too much out, killing the former president.

The way you write it you make it sound as if Washington did himself out of some masochistic pleasure trip.  He was killed by a doctor's medical malpractice.
View Quote

ICEMAN....  LMAO...  I am well aware of the issue's of bloodletting... You took my post wrong is all..   Yes, George was sick..  but so were almost every other person bloodletting..
New blood made by your body and eliminating some of your diseased blood... hence, you feel better..  

The barber poles of today were bloodletting poles of yesterday..

red -  signified blood
white - signified Bandages
blue -  signified Veins

It was up to the men and woman in the chair to keep count of his or her own heart rate.. yes.. the doctor slipped up..  had to many patients at one time or wasnt paying enough attention.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top