Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2002 9:15:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe you are dishonoring the Serbu with a red-dot sight.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
camo-ing pistols and rifles make it harder for the damned CA liberals to find them doesnt it? [:D]

funny pictures guys!
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
That was a lot of fun today! I always enjoy seeing what a 7.62x51 round will do to rocks. Oh, and if AntiUSSA is reading this, I took that target frame I got from you when you guys first started selling them. It made it back more or less intact, albeit with a few .30 cal holes in the frame [:)] but still in useable condition.

After shooting DVD's .50 cal I am going to have to give some serious thought to getting one. It's pretty cool to shoot.

Probably the funniest part (after the dog on the muzzle brake) was when a squirrel started running across our field of fire from low spot to low spot like a soldier dashing across No Mans land. Sgtar15 tried to hit with the .50 (but missed). Disgression prevents me from saying what happened after that other than to say I was tensed to dive for cover behind the truck. We definitly need to do that again.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like you guys had a good time.  The Glock looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Probably the funniest part (after the dog on the muzzle brake) was when a squirrel started running across our field of fire from low spot to low spot like a soldier dashing across No Mans land. Sgtar15 tried to hit with the .50 (but missed). Disgression prevents me from saying what happened after that other than to say I was tensed to dive for cover behind the truck. We definitly need to do that again.
View Quote

Yeah!!!

I was so thinking of "Ride of the Valkyries" during the squirrel's fateful run.  Oh well.  
What a hoot, I'm bringing another Chihuahua doll next time for more giggles and 50 blasts.  Y'all know how to party up there, darn straight!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys, I am downloading a winzip file right noe.  The videos are quite large but can be played on Media Player.  I highly sugesst everyone view them!!  They are awsome, including a bimpfiring of a M1a!!.  They should be in your nail box tommorow morning.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Guys, I am downloading a winzip file right now.
Sgtar15
View Quote

I doubt it will help much.  Most web-media files are pre-compressed by the formats they are in.  Dunno which way you are working on them, though.

Can't wait to see the Yo Quiera 50 cal vid. [:D]

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They should be in your nail box tommorow morning.

Sgtar15
View Quote

George, are you posting a link to the videos on a web site, or directly emailing them? I'm only using a 28.8, and it wouldn't be a very good idea for you to email me...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
George, are you posting a link to the videos on a web site, or directly emailing them? I'm only using a 28.8, and it wouldn't be a very good idea for you to email me...
View Quote

Well....either DVD or I will post them, so hopefully he'll just send them to us.  And then you can view them at your leisure.  Sorry we missed you today.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#11]
What part of Northern Cal are you folks at?  I head down to Medford Oregon (not far from the border) about once per month to do some shooting with a friend/family member.  I'd gladly head a little farther South to meet and shoot with you guys.

[Why do I feel like some guy in high school trying to fit in with the "cool" crowd?]

Anyway...  You let me fire up the .50 at the BRC once so I'll say "Thanks again for letting me ignite that beauty".  I'd like to return the favor with my toys.

Great pics!!

+Me
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:05:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What part of Northern Cal are you folks at?
+Me
View Quote

East of Sacramento about an hour was where this was.  Come on down I'm sure you'll hve fun.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sfoo, a friend of ours and I met sgtar15 and Pthfndr up in NorCal today for some gun in the sun.  Some of these are sfoo's pics.

Then we had some fun with the stuffed bear.
[img]http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Events/Shooting/The%20Quarry%2C%207-14-02/Goodbye%20Mr.%20Bear%2001.jpg[/img]

POOF!
[img]http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Events/Shooting/The%20Quarry%2C%207-14-02/Goodbye%20Mr.%20Bear%2002.jpg[/img]

I'm sure sgtar15 and Pthfndr will chip in with some more pics.  And I'll host the video once you guys get it digitized.  [:D]
View Quote

Got a tax stamp for that thing?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got a tax stamp for that thing?
View Quote

Naw, the 50 doesn't need the stamp.  

Now, the bear, otoh...hmm...dunno.  Might have to contact ATF for a ruling on stuffed animals as flash supressors.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Dont know guys..This think is pretty dam big!!  Almost a full 1Gig!!!  Iam zippinf it and hope I can email it.  That or does DVDtracker have a FTP site?  That or I can email a cd to him.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This think is pretty dam big!!  Almost a full 1Gig!!!

Sgtar15
View Quote

Are you compressing it, and how long is it? I once had a video I made with my webcam that was about 2 & 1/2 minutes long, but only took up 38MB. It doesn't have to be the greatest quality...
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#19]
ROFLMAO!

You guys are crazy.  Keep up the good work. [;D]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Gotta love getting together with shooting buddies.

Garandman made the trip over here and we had a blast.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This think is pretty dam big!!  Almost a full 1Gig!!!
Sgtar15
View Quote

is it one big file or several little ones?  Just the highlight shots would probably be best to post.  Also try compressing them into a smaller format.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Okay, I'll see what I can do.  I am going to start working on it right now

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#24]

I want a "Got Ammo" T-shirt too !  
View Quote

Me, too!!  I found this site a while ago but I like the un one better.

[url]http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=gotammo[/url]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#26]
that was funny!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I finally got the video camera figured out.  

Here is a pic of me shooting my AR15 22LR conversion.

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/8dafa939/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/dad69.jpg?bcpugX9ArzquW_mg[/img]

Can't wait till DVDtracker gets those video up and running!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Man I don't know what to say.....

If my father saw me handling a firearm like that he would knock the holy living shit out of me.. Even at my age..

but I have to call'em like a see'm. Sorry.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#29]
What exactly are you refering to Benjamin0001??

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

And what exactly are you refering to?  
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#31]
These type things..

[img]http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Events/Shooting/The%20Quarry%2C%207-14-02/Taco%20Bell%20Dog%2001.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Events/Shooting/The%20Quarry%2C%207-14-02/Goodbye%20Mr%20Bunny.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Events/Shooting/The%20Quarry%2C%207-14-02/Goodbye%20Mr.%20Bear%2001.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Look , I don't want to hurt any feelings.. To each his own.. I was just tought different that is all.

Ben

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
These type things..

View Quote

Look , I don't want to hurt any feelings.. To each his own.. I was just tought different that is all.

Ben
View Quote

Oh, i thought you meant something serious.  Phew.  Good thing you have an idea of the word "fun" meaning different things to different people.  

Of course, since nothing we did was damaging to any of the guns, or remotely unsafe (for shooting a gun), I suppose your dad would be nice and say, hey, if that's your bag, then go with it baby.

Edited to add...
That first pic you are whining about, the pistol was empty (shown to three folks to be sure) before it was utilized for the picture.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#33]

), I suppose your dad would be nice and say, hey, if that's your bag, then go with it baby
View Quote

Nope, my father doesn't speak that language.

As far as the Whining goes.. Nope just pointing out that examples set are sometimes examples followed and there are many young people on this board... Thank you for clarifying for everybody that the gun was indeed unloaded..

Ben
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Ben,

In the first pic the dog wasn't actually shot in that position.

In the second pic the stuffed bunny was about 2 feet away and behind that was a huge dirt hill as a backdrop.

In the third pic that stuffed animals legs were straddling the front of the Serbia 50. Only his legs were covering the muzzle brake holes, the end of the muzzle was not obstructed at all.

Our group practiced safety firearm shooting at all times, yet we still had fun.  We even picked up all our garbage when we were done....even garbage that other people had left behind.  On top of all that we even policed all of our brass.....close to 2000 rounds as a matter of fact.

So I truly thing your father would have been proud of our range day.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#35]

In the first pic the dog wasn't actually shot in that position.
View Quote

I am glad.

In the second pic the stuffed bunny was about 2 feet away and behind that was a huge dirt hill as a backdrop.
View Quote

This one still bothers me, as a medium to large size rock 2" below ground could have caused a ricochette.. That potentially could have ruined your day.

In the third pic that stuffed animals legs were straddling the front of the Serbia 50. Only his legs were covering the muzzle brake holes, the end of the muzzle was not obstructed at all.
View Quote

I am glad.

Our group practiced safety firearm shooting at all times, yet we still had fun. We even picked up all our garbage when we were done....even garbage that other people had left behind. On top of all that we even policed all of our brass.....close to 2000 rounds as a matter of fact.
View Quote

Thank you that shows alot.

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This one still bothers me, as a medium to large size rock 2" below ground could have caused a ricochette.. That potentially could have ruined your day.
View Quote

Not really.  The rock was far below the line of fire.  The camera angle is looking down from the side and makes it hard to see that the ground is sloping away pretty quick right there.  The area we were shooting in was a lopsided bowl shape.  There *were* ricochets, but they were much further out....50 yds or so, and all went into the hill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top